Re-Nerf the AP mines.

Comments

• Pelliy
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
  • Astr0damus
    2855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • Astr0damus
    2855 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Too bad we can't make AP mine kill montages.. since they happen across the map in dark alleyways.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    How would people feel about making them larger so they are easier to spot but keeping the current damage model?
    (P.S. I do not think they need to be nerfed at all)

IMO Nerf them. They shouldn't be one hit kills. Not balanced at all.

why not? Claymores are in BF4, HE tripmines were in BF1 if close enough. Just because something is a one hit kill does not mean it is not balanced, that argument is always thrown out but it's nonsense, a tank shell is a one hit kill, at grenade pistol is a one hit kill, bayonet charge is a one hit kill, there are plenty of one hit kills in BFV as there should be so why not the mines?

all those actions require action from the end user. You cannot hide a Tank shell , nor can you hide a grenade pistol. you actually have to switch to those things to engage it. The balance would be putting ap mines as they previously were. People should have no problem with that. You can kill someone on low health or you can kill someone from full health by placing two.

That's a fair compromise.

BF4 claymores were much bigger. They literally had lines coming from it. Same thing with BF1's trip wire. The visibility was there. they also nerfed the damage of them in bf1. So the argument you're trying to bring with those two examples seem invalidated.

hence my previous comment to make the AP mines larger therefore easier to spot, also the players I've seen running around with their panzerfausts and at grenade pistols out to be used against infantry do not need to switch to these weapons because they already did so immediately after spawning in, yes people really do do that, god knows why but they do
  • Kattegat_Twin
    676 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 4
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Too bad we can't make AP mine kill montages.. since they happen across the map in dark alleyways.

I actually save a clip when I plant them, and then save again when/if the kill comes in.
  • Agent_Talon
    399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    We obviously can't have lethal mines because it interrupts the W+M1 playstyle of assault.

"What, you mean I have to let go of the W key?!"

ActionMan.exe has stopped responding.

I love how this presupposes that only assault moves around. lol. What is this argument?

So medics don't encounter this issue? I've played as a medic and encountered many ap mines. I've noticed the use of AP mines actually going up from the buff update compared to previous updates. It use to be a few people using them. Now that they are ubiquitous and omnipresent.

Do people forget this game is 64 players? I think people forget. If you're checking every nook and cranny for the entirety of the game, you'll be playing "minesweeper" instead of battlefield 5.

Players should be mindful of mines though. Not saying they should run aimlessly around but with 32 opposing enemies and more than half of them have planted an AP mine, there's gotta be some balance to that. This is not a specific class issue.

They affect every class. It's just a joke based on the way the typical assault player just runs around constantly rushing and being careless. It's like they have tunnel vision. Especially if they notice you're playing recon like I often do. They'll rush right at you thinking they've got the weapon advantage just for you to bait them into your mines and then they get upset about it.

Personally, I'd rather have access to the grenade launcher or PIAT over the AP mines any day. They're a lot stronger than AP mines. I don't have to hope someone walks into them without noticing.

I've had several cases on Hamada where I can hear an enemy rushing up to me to get a melee kill but totally missing the mines I have placed to cover my rear. They don't shoot or look just blind rush at me to try and get my tags and then BOOM AP mines go off, I replace them and get back to spotting and shooting.

People just need to look around, doesn't matter if I need to put 2 mines down or 1 I'm going to use them to cover my back or the entrance to an important choke point.
  • DingoKillr
    3377 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Let me ask a serious question... in CoD they had these discs that worked like bouncing bettys, they would spin up to head-height and then explode, killing several people in the room.. the balance to this though, was it made a loud enough sound and gave one enough time to crouch.. and if you were quick enough to crouch, you took minimal damage.. I mean like almost none at all. Would something like this make the AP Mines on BF V more tolerable? Not that DICE would ever listen to me, but don't just complain, help by coming up with alternatives. (And no, a straight-out nerf is not a feasible solution... the awareness/crouch at least lets them remain lethal to the clueless ones amongst us)
    By the sound of it COD has a cylinder blast zone, BF a spherical blast zone. Unless that has change.

It might be possible to create a small blast radius that allows prone to survive. I believe crouch would be to small of radius due to the trigger delay would miss the target. Depending on the height from the ground to the center of the blast a prone player closer to the mine could still get more damage compare to one further away.

Example
    If a soldier standing has height of 1.7 crouch of 1 and prone .4, a blast height of 1.7 with a radius of 1.5. Would see prone kill near the mine, while 1.5 away would survive and kill standing 1.5 from the mine. Is the trigger delay enough to still kill standing or let someone to go prone.

I am not sure it could be made workable without a near instant blast. Making a blast height higher could see it have collision issue with roofs.
  • VOLBANKER
    687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    Sounds like the AP mines should release tissues prior to blasting your ankles off.
    Oh man, @mrtwotimes, this comment is so funny! (and true!) :smiley:

• parkingbrake
    2994 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The AP mines were good where they were at, a small detriment and a warning for snipers that someone is near. There is no need for them to 1 shot, and any 1 shot weapon/tool should be able to counter or should not be 1 shot in the first place and while you can counter the AP mine, it is bloody difficult to find and I should not be constantly looking at the ground to find those tiny things.

Look at MW3, where going prone completely negated the effect and crouching only made you take a lot of damage, but not die.
    Implementing this solution might take some time, but would help add a way to make dying more skill based and down to reaction timing.

One AP mine will not kill a player at 100% health. If you died to an AP mine either you were already at reduced health or there were two or more mines.

Run n' gun players whine about this sort of thing, as if holding down the sprint key constantly is their right and should be free of consequences. Slow down and look where you are going, you will usually see them in time.

I don't like it so it should be nerfed is one of the destructive things in the BF series.
  • CaptainHardware
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm okay with how powerful any 1 mine is right now, but not with a person being able to lay 3 of them.
  • xeNizKing
    348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you rush, you get punished for that. Seems fair to me.

soo... in the game mode..."Rush".....nobody should rush? hmm
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1936 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

One AP mine will not kill a player at 100% health. If you died to an AP mine either you were already at reduced health or there were two or more mines.

Your information predates the inadvertent stealth buff. Now you can only escape the OHK blast if you run at full speed. So it punishes a careful approach.

• Pelliy
    2024 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The AP mines were good where they were at, a small detriment and a warning for snipers that someone is near. There is no need for them to 1 shot, and any 1 shot weapon/tool should be able to counter or should not be 1 shot in the first place and while you can counter the AP mine, it is bloody difficult to find and I should not be constantly looking at the ground to find those tiny things.

Look at MW3, where going prone completely negated the effect and crouching only made you take a lot of damage, but not die.
    Implementing this solution might take some time, but would help add a way to make dying more skill based and down to reaction timing.

Run n' gun players whine about this sort of thing, as if holding down the sprint key constantly is their right and should be free of consequences. Slow down and look where you are going, you will usually see them in time.

I don't like it so it should be nerfed is one of the destructive things in the BF series.

Incorrect one ap mine can kill you. The dev even confirmed it was an unintended buff
  • Trokey66
    7942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Your information predates the inadvertent stealth buff. Now you can only escape the OHK blast if you run at full speed. So it punishes a careful approach.

No, it punishes a careless or unwary approach, no matter the speed.
  • filthmcnasty
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For the people saying 'lol, just look where you're going' I ask you why. Why do I have to look and inspect each bloody pebble and slight glow on the ground in fear my kill streak ends? or how about when I just spawn in, run to grab some ammo and - Surprise! A random AP mine kills you.
    It doesn't OHK you if you run around a corner, or some other situations but most of the time its open ground or behind cover. It can also kill you if you run over top of it and keep on running hoping to get away.

When I use those, I should not be able to get a triple kill by placing 1 of those down. even still, I should be able to duck and cover to avoid the blast, even if to negate some of the damage.
    They should have ways to counter (ducking/Prone)
    or they should have no 1 shot capabilities
    or they should have a easier way to find them (Not gonna happen, as historically they were nasty buggers to find.)

I'm not asking for all of those changes, just 1 would be nice.

In past games, explosives like claymores and bouncing bettys had ways to be seen or countered, like the red lasers or the wires... but not these.

I quit reading at kill streak.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I'll plant 2 next to each other when nerfed.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

From my experience 1 AP mine can kill a player at 100% health, it depends on the player speed - if a player is stationary over the mine it'll kill, if running there is a good chance of survival. I have often got kills where 1 mine does 120 damage.
  • Bossman1794
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I find it simply astounding that in a game that has the Assualt class like it is, people can justify whinging about AP Mines.......

Bizarre, but hey that's the 'community' for you.

People can complain about more than one thing at a time? Just because this is the topic of the moment doesn't suddenly mean the litany of other problems in the game have suddenly vanished.