Re-Nerf the AP mines.

Comments

• Trokey66
    8178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    I find it simply astounding that in a game that has the Assualt class like it is, people can justify whinging about AP Mines.......

Bizarre, but hey that's the 'community' for you.

People can complain about more than one thing at a time? Just because this is the topic of the moment doesn't suddenly mean the litany of other problems in the game have suddenly vanished.

Missing the point there bud.

The power of the AP Mine pales into insignificance when compared to the power of the Assualt.

It would be interesting to see how many of these complainers main Assualt. Can't be bothered to look myself but interesting never the less.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I find it simply astounding that in a game that has the Assualt class like it is, people can justify whinging about AP Mines.......

People can complain about more than one thing at a time? Just because this is the topic of the moment doesn't suddenly mean the litany of other problems in the game have suddenly vanished.

Missing the point there bud.

The power of the AP Mine pales into insignificance when compared to the power of the Assualt.

It would be interesting to see how many of these complainers main Assualt. Can't be bothered to look myself but interesting never the less.

Whilst I have the most kills with assault, mines mainly bother me when playing medic. As assault I'll just farm people with my MAS. No need to get up close and personal.

Assault is also godly for dealing with vehicles, and that is key to Frontlines which I main. In this game medic is the rushing class, but in Frontlines you don't have the luxury of taking your time like in Conquest. The flag will have burned once the careful types make it there. I don't play to lose or massage my stats.
  • tempo_rarity
    1019 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the louder one yells 'Cheez Killz Farmer' at a Betty-user the faster they want to run around without looking .
    I imagine these will be the same runners who blindly come through doorways and after the blast , see my Recons M1911 muzzle flash , or not :tongue:
    Cheez?
    Call it 'cheez' or call it 'trap' but either way , you WERE the mouse ; past tense .
    Blame my knack for spotting a mouse-run when I see one , if you've 'found' my nasty 'treat' that I left for you :tongue:
    Pleez?
    Dear Devs : If you happen to heed the cries of these Cheez Callers please hear too the words of a Flower-loving Recon :
    Give me MORE Betty's so I can decorate the rooms my guests will soon use with beautiful Daisy-chains :sunglasses:
  • VVaxDaddy
    129 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AP mines as they are now are pretty stupid. Everyone complaining about Assault is off the mark (though assault class and their gadgets are in need of serious tweaking as well) the issue is this is a 0 risk high reward gadget. At least before the reward was only moderate unless you stacked all of them together.

I'd be ok with the current mines if you could only have 2 out and they could be disarmed without setting them off. Even if I see them I have to reveal my position to get rid of them.
  • BlindChance
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firstly fact check, they are not one-shot unless you step on two. Secondly, watch your step around points of interest and choke points.

What's next? We are going to nerf anti-tank mines too and require 6 to destroy a tank?
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Firstly fact check, they are not one-shot unless you step on two.

Fact check. You are wrong. You used to be right. AP mines were fine, but then they were inadvertently buffed. They will be fixed though.

• IamSoSorry59
    161 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am sofar guilty and responsible for 578 warcrimes with AP mines. Sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, is a simple concept called 'critical thinking'. I don't think some people have heard of it.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    The AP mines were good where they were at, a small detriment and a warning for snipers that someone is near. There is no need for them to 1 shot, and any 1 shot weapon/tool should be able to counter or should not be 1 shot in the first place and while you can counter the AP mine, it is bloody difficult to find and I should not be constantly looking at the ground to find those tiny things.

Look at MW3, where going prone completely negated the effect and crouching only made you take a lot of damage, but not die.
    Implementing this solution might take some time, but would help add a way to make dying more skill based and down to reaction timing.

One AP mine will not kill a player at 100% health. If you died to an AP mine either you were already at reduced health or there were two or more mines.

Run n' gun players whine about this sort of thing, as if holding down the sprint key constantly is their right and should be free of consequences. Slow down and look where you are going, you will usually see them in time.

I don't like it so it should be nerfed is one of the destructive things in the BF series.

Incorrect one ap mine can kill you. The dev even confirmed it was an unintended buff

Good old DICE, can't turn on the lights in the office in the morning without breaking something in the game. Incredible. As I've said before, EA should be looking at another design studio for BF6, DICE Sweden seems to need a long vacation.
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 5
    I've been killed by those bouncing betties so much yesterday by support class it's ridiculous, if anything should be done assault and support should have no reason to be capable of using them and have them for only the medic and recon class.

@parkingbrake they should be fired and replaced immediately to be honest.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 5
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    I've been killed by those bouncing betties so much yesterday by support class it's ridiculous, if anything should be done assault and support should have no reason to be capable of using them and have them for only the medic and recon class.

parkingbrake they should be fired and replaced immediately to be honest.

They really don't belong on medic either. It doesn't make sense with the class.

- AP mines should be recon exclusive.

- They should one hit kill with a single mine.

- The one hit kill should be avoidable if you dive to prone before the mine explodes.

- Reduce AP mine max placement to two.

That's what seems to make the most sense to me at least.

With that balancing:
    - If you're careless and slow, you die.
    - if you're careless but quick to react (go prone), you survive but you're heavily damaged.
    - if you're careful, you don't have anything to worry about.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love setting up my mg42 and baiting my fall back points. i usually kill about 10 to 15 before they start trying to find and kill me. by then i'm set up waiting for betty to tell me which way. only class thats fun to play in solofield 5
  • Trokey66
    8178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

- The one hit kill should be avoidable if you dive to prone before the mine explodes.

With that balancing:
    - if you're careless but quick to react (go prone), you survive but you're heavily damaged.

Agree with the exception of removing them from Support.

No AP Mines (Claymores) or Limpet type gadget would kill Support for me.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Woodlbrad wrote: »
    Sry guys only assault is allowed to have good gadgets having useful ap mines on the weakest class would break the game dice proceeds nerfing everything into the ground except assault.

This post seems highly accurate.

this is the only way the can counter balance the tanks tbh, they surely cant do it from a coding standpoint. so the lure is to temp more to run assault since its good in every situation and you prevent anyone from doing too well in tanks and balancing them is a non issue since assault gets called guilty.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

With that balancing:

Agree with the exception of removing them from Support.

No AP Mines (Claymores) or Limpet type gadget would kill Support for me.

At least support makes more sense with AP mines when using MMGs than medic does.
  • DingoKillr
    3474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

With that balancing:
    While I agree with idea, prone might not be the best way.

Late BF1 a dev said he made the trip 100% if running and 80% if walking why was that not put in BFV?

For over a year in BF1 we had trip that could not kill without 2, the majority of Recon players barely used their gadgets beside flare. All because headless chooks think it is unfair they died to unseen enemy, while they are able to bring down building you are hiding in.

• KPNuts74
    497 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The AP mines were good where they were at, a small detriment and a warning for snipers that someone is near. There is no need for them to 1 shot, and any 1 shot weapon/tool should be able to counter or should not be 1 shot in the first place and while you can counter the AP mine, it is bloody difficult to find and I should not be constantly looking at the ground to find those tiny things.

Look at MW3, where going prone completely negated the effect and crouching only made you take a lot of damage, but not die.
    Implementing this solution might take some time, but would help add a way to make dying more skill based and down to reaction timing.

No! I love them and have 1,271 kills with them lol.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    KPNuts74 wrote: »

No! I love them and have 1,271 kills with them lol.

How many? :)

I have 316, I discovered Support can lay 3 at once, 1 to start with and I get 2 extras from ammo crates. No need to run the risk of running to the resupply station!
  • johneastham
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AP mines are fine. Typical knee jerk reaction to call for a nerf.

Check your environment, otherwise it's your own fault.

Not entirely true. The amount of times I've been killed by them when going up the stairs on the bridge on Rotterdam even though I know they're probably up their, but people leave them on the corners of the bend of the stairs so you've no way of seeing them to shoot it and move on. What I think would be a good counter is to not set them off when walking or crouch walking.

The fact that they go off when you're still on the lower stairs and their on the 2nd flight of stairs is a bit much