Weekly BF

Re-Nerf the AP mines.

Comments

• ballFetcher
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    The AP mines were good where they were at, a small detriment and a warning for snipers that someone is near. There is no need for them to 1 shot, and any 1 shot weapon/tool should be able to counter or should not be 1 shot in the first place and while you can counter the AP mine, it is bloody difficult to find and I should not be constantly looking at the ground to find those tiny things.

Look at MW3, where going prone completely negated the effect and crouching only made you take a lot of damage, but not die.
    Implementing this solution might take some time, but would help add a way to make dying more skill based and down to reaction timing.

One AP mine will not kill a player at 100% health. If you died to an AP mine either you were already at reduced health or there were two or more mines.

Run n' gun players whine about this sort of thing, as if holding down the sprint key constantly is their right and should be free of consequences. Slow down and look where you are going, you will usually see them in time.

I don't like it so it should be nerfed is one of the destructive things in the BF series.

Incorrect one ap mine can kill you. The dev even confirmed it was an unintended buff

Good old DICE, can't turn on the lights in the office in the morning without breaking something in the game. Incredible. As I've said before, EA should be looking at another design studio for BF6, DICE Sweden seems to need a long vacation.

The gaming industry as a whole work very different from other industries and the problem isn't specific to developers or countries but rather to how their parent companies operate (EA in this case). Rants about a studio in town x or y is useless, if anything its an American trend forced on Dice. However, there is a small wind of change if you look at the debacle with Fallout 76. The Ron Howard effect with hyperbolic advertisement, which most AAA game executives have subscribed to for a long time, combined with zero expenditure is not paying of anymore at the same level. I find the end credits the biggest joke of all, an endless list of imaginative costs used to fool politicians and gamers. Some are even employees of companies that they sub-contract. Imagine Microsoft listing that nonsense for each software they produce, they are after all equally artistic as an modern gaming company. But i agree that most executives for these older dev companies (like Dice) should be retired/moved and replaced with a new generation.

Btw, the AP mines are fine (don't use them myself). :-)
  • KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »
    The AP mines were good where they were at, a small detriment and a warning for snipers that someone is near. There is no need for them to 1 shot, and any 1 shot weapon/tool should be able to counter or should not be 1 shot in the first place and while you can counter the AP mine, it is bloody difficult to find and I should not be constantly looking at the ground to find those tiny things.

Look at MW3, where going prone completely negated the effect and crouching only made you take a lot of damage, but not die.
    Implementing this solution might take some time, but would help add a way to make dying more skill based and down to reaction timing.

No! I love them and have 1,271 kills with them lol.

How many? :)

I have 316, I discovered Support can lay 3 at once, 1 to start with and I get 2 extras from ammo crates. No need to run the risk of running to the resupply station!

Up to 1,331 since my last post lol.

Yeah, I place mine by the ammo stations as great place to get the extra mines and place them for easy passive kills.
  • NLBartmaN
    3336 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Luckily I see lots of "big" streamers and other influencers getting more and more annoyed by this cheap noob crap and also Devs made comments things will be changed soon.

So enjoy it while it lasts ...
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1855 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    AP mines are easy kills. Especially on modes like rush where as a defender you can just boobytrap the supply depots as you retreat and gain a couple of simple kills. The damage is fine. If you run past one you dont die, just if you are right next to it but I think there are too many of them at the moment. The deploy count should be reduced to 2, so you have the option to double stack and (almost) guarantee a kill if its tripped, or cover two lanes/points instead of one. Plus maybe just leave them to scouts like in the good old days.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The best part about these sorts of mines in any BF game is when you find a mine before setting it off. You try to sneak around it, or even defuse/destroy it, but some random teammates goes full 'LEEEEEROOOOOOY JEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIINS!' on you and runs straight into the damned thing, killing the two of you.

Wonderful.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1855 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The best part about these sorts of mines in any BF game is when you find a mine before setting it off. You try to sneak around it, or even defuse/destroy it, but some random teammates goes full 'LEEEEEROOOOOOY JEEEEEEENKIIIIIIIIINS!' on you and runs straight into the damned thing, killing the two of you.

Wonderful.

Got to love those triple kills when they pop up :smile:
  • Trokey66
    8393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Wonderful.

Happened to be last night, killed us both!
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3398 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Wonderful.

It's even funnier when you throw a random grenade that sets off a mine, which ends up killing quite a few enemies.

I used to wipe out entire squads just by throwing an impact grenade into random rooms in Ballroom Blitz sometimes. It was even funnier when you set off the mines that pesky rooftop snipers set up on the ladders on that map, only to end up killing a sniper, or some guy with a shotgun camping near the stairs for an easy kill.
  • mrtwotimes
    769 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sometimes I like to leave them where they are very visible and then come out blasting when the enemy is disabling them.....lol
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey OP , this is why the game sucks because they watered it down for people like you.
  • ninjapenquinuk

Wonderful.

It's even funnier when you throw a random grenade that sets off a mine, which ends up killing quite a few enemies.

I used to wipe out entire squads just by throwing an impact grenade into random rooms in Ballroom Blitz sometimes. It was even funnier when you set off the mines that pesky rooftop snipers set up on the ladders on that map, only to end up killing a sniper, or some guy with a shotgun camping near the stairs for an easy kill.

I managed a bonus tank kill a couple of days ago on Narvik rush due to that.
  • ghos7bear
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. I liked mines before, but now they're OP as hell.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Didn't know they buffed them on accident before this thread so I was still leaving 2 at any spot. Over the weekend I started to drop 3 in separate areas and you can seriously hold down an entire capture point on certain maps with a single person. C on Rotterdam is a perfect example.

Throw on on each the doorways into the point, barricade the 3 alley entrances and sit in the window with the Lewis Gun and basically just replace the mines after each kill. I had 15+ in that fashion just from mines and added another 5 or so with the Lewis.

I'll use it while it's this way but it does need to go back to 2 for a kill.
  • MkFrancis
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This is hilarious, they are AP mines, so what if you get blown up once or twice a game that's their legit intention. Don't run up to a resupply crate without checking, they are almost always there whenever I die from one. Also, when you enter a building they are VERY easy to see on the ground. This is another non issue thread from someone who just wants easy mode.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The gaming industry as a whole work very different from other industries and the problem isn't specific to developers or countries but rather to how their parent companies operate (EA in this case). Rants about a studio in town x or y is useless, if anything its an American trend forced on Dice.
    Keep in mind that thanks to EA releasing BF4 before it was ready that game had a disastrous launch, being clearly unfinished and massively broken. EA directed DICE Sweden to drop everything but repairs to BF4. But eventually (when the repair process wasn't moving fast enough) they brought in DICE LA and took advantage of Visceral's work on BF Hardline to complete the repairs--the two American studios finished the job the studio in Sweden could not. So it does seem that some studios are better at certain things that others. In the case of DICE Sweden it seems that a lot of the old, more experienced devs have moved on in the past couple of years, and the current staff are having difficulties (reportedly with Frostbite) which is why we've seen old problems that were fixed in previous titles resurrected in BFV.

Much of the problem with BFV is EA keeping DICE on a tight budget, and EA not knowing how to handle Live Service. But there also seems to be a lack of vision at DICE lately, the poorly-designed UI being a good example.

Again, a lot of this should properly be blamed on EA, not DICE. But that doesn't mean that DICE has no responsibility.

• OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They aren't used tactically, they are either used to farm supply boxes or dropped into dark corners and rubble where they are impossible to see.

Drunkkze has confirmed that the stealth buff was an unintended change and will be fixed. Prepare to have your cheese taken away.

That's cool cuz people will still die from mine anyway.
    I was getting plenty of kills with them before the "Unintended -yeah right" buff to them anyway.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    They aren't used tactically, they are either used to farm supply boxes or dropped into dark corners and rubble where they are impossible to see.

Drunkkze has confirmed that the stealth buff was an unintended change and will be fixed. Prepare to have your cheese taken away.

I use them tactically. I don't always just drop them somewhere where I think an enemy might run through.

Oftentimes I'll use them to cover a retreat or my flank.

Enemy player rushing me? No problem. I'll just run around this corner and leave a present or two on the ground along the way. Even if they notice the mines, it'll at least slow them down so I can make my retreat when needed.

How are those not tactical applications?
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited March 11
    Dude if you move you're playing this game wrong. Just grab an MMG and camp somewhere and never again will AP-Mines be a concern for you.