Dragging

TheVinylPaladin
17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So, I just remembered we were supposed to get the ability to drag downed allies to a safe spot to revive. Is this still planned to be added at a later date or have all plans for the implementation of this feature been halted?

Comments

• salmans2003
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    i think they said that we will not get it because they can't get it working
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You'd just get shot anyway.
  • disposalist
    8324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not going to happen. But the forced animation and teleporting you to be crouching over your buddy's chest remains (even if you were prone and in cover next to them).

DICE loves medics.
  • TropicPoison
    2268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    With how fast you die you really think someone is going to run to you and drag your body getting themselves killed? They should just scrap their terrible ideas like this, BFV doesn't look or feel like a WW2 game anyways except for the guns and vehicles and if they weren't in it I would have no ides that the game is during WW2.
  • disposalist
    8324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    With how fast you die you really think someone is going to run to you and drag your body getting themselves killed? They should just scrap their terrible ideas like this, BFV doesn't look or feel like a WW2 game anyways except for the guns and vehicles and if they weren't in it I would have no ides that the game is during WW2.
    For me, dragging was always going to be about being able to grab someone *from cover* and pull them into cover to revive them. I'd be happy with it taking time if you could do it safely.

Reviving is as horrible it is now because this dragging mechanic could make it safer, but failed to make it into release. Without it, reviving is almost always making you a sitting duck.

I wonder when they will add ducking for tank gunners... is that in yet? Another thing that was supposed to come along, but didn't, so tank gunning is also suicidally useless.
  • CaptHotah
    1031 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would just like to be able to look around 360° when reviving as a non medic
  • TNA_SneakyMonkey
    538 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder when they will add ducking for tank gunners... is that in yet? Another thing that was supposed to come along, but didn't, so tank gunning is also suicidally useless.
    That's been in the game for a while now.

It's still suicide to use the turret machine-gun from any tank except the one with the periscope. The low TTK and the fact that for all intents and purposes you have to headshot the gunner means that it almost never ends well.

• olavafar
    1921 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I suppose they had a hard time to solve the potential trolling problem and get the overall animation in a good shape.

Personally I do not think it would add much. It would be awkward if dragging was too fast and if it is not, you will mostly be no less exposed than when reviving.

Where dragging makes sense in a real situation it starts to make much less sense when the option is to give a quick injection and the guy who was almost dead now can run into cover himself.
  • disposalist
    olavafar wrote: »
    I suppose they had a hard time to solve the potential trolling problem and get the overall animation in a good shape.

Personally I do not think it would add much. It would be awkward if dragging was too fast and if it is not, you will mostly be no less exposed than when reviving.

Where dragging makes sense in a real situation it starts to make much less sense when the option is to give a quick injection and the guy who was almost dead now can run into cover himself.
    Agreed. The whole long-revive-animation thing causes problems that aren't easy to 'get out of' mechanically. Makes me wonder if they knew that and added the dragging concept as a potential 'get out' but never really intended to add it.
  • Tullzter
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it was and still is a useless gimmick, your life expectancy is too low in this game to go around and drag teammates, it doesn't make sense
  • Kattegat_Twin
    721 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 4
    Dragging sounded like a cool idea at first, but it really isn't. You're just gonna get sprayed down while doing it.
  • dcs500
    1352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would prefer that you could revive while prone than seeing any extra bullet magnet animations.
  • Tullzter
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What would be a nice addition actually is if you could mark enemies when downed, or basically tell a teammate to hold off on a revive because enemies are nearby
  • olavafar
    1921 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »
    What would be a nice addition actually is if you could mark enemies when downed, or basically tell a teammate to hold off on a revive because enemies are nearby

I'm not so sure about the first one, given that spotting is not a big thing in this game. Would be awkward if you had to be shot to spot ppl. Then I could blow myself up on a nice place spot some enemies and then tell my squad mate to revive me...

The 'hold off' is already there. If the icon is flashing, mean you shall hold off. One can assume it is due to enemies but sure, it can be a guy just very eager to get to the re-spawn screen for some other reason.
  • Tullzter
    olavafar wrote: »
    Tullzter wrote: »

I'm not so sure about the first one, given that spotting is not a big thing in this game. Would be awkward if you had to be shot to spot ppl. Then I could blow myself up on a nice place spot some enemies and then tell my squad mate to revive me...

The 'hold off' is already there. If the icon is flashing, mean you shall hold off. One can assume it is due to enemies but sure, it can be a guy just very eager to get to the re-spawn screen for some other reason.

didn't know that about the flashing icon, good to know thanks
  • TropicPoison
    2268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Such a shame. It would've been great to see two medics have a tug of war over a dead body.

That's pretty damn funny imagining that, fighting over who gets to save their life and then they both get shot and die, with the guy on the ground that was about torn in half going wtf.
  • TheVinylPaladin
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dragging sounded like a cool idea at first, but it really isn't. You're just gonna get sprayed down while doing it.

Yeah, I can see why it would be dangerous, and I probably wouldn't do it often, but I still think it would be nice to have the option. Oh well, I'd rather they focused on other things anyway.
  • Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe it'll be part of the drip feed content we unlock through another tides of war sometime near the end if the life of this game.

• Kevang039
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know we can tag downed allies to let them know we're gonna go for it, I would like to see downed allies tag medics and squad mates to give them more awareness.

Id like to see it given the option to just pull either trigger and release to wait or skip revive.