Hackers on XBox one.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    6727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    I Google it. apparently if you set up the hair triggers just right you can get a 4 round burst out of most weapons. of course this is sufficient enough to spam the trigger to make it effectively full auto.

apparently in games with rumble trigger support, the rumble from shooting is enough to set off the hair triggers.... LOL! it's a digital Bump Stock.

Oh so that's how they're doing it - thanks man that's really interesting. I'll need to have a play around with that.
  • SGT_Lindy
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    SGT_Lindy wrote: »
    Google “CronusMax”. Watch YouTube videos of it. You can dominate with it. People use it in this game.

We are aware of that. Can you give us an accurate idea of how many people actually use it though? OP thinks that their use, along with hacking an Xbox like it was a PC, is rampant so it'd be great to see some numbers.

I have no idea how many people use it. It is clear that if they are using it they have a massive advantage that can’t be duplicated by a regular controller user even if you are really good.

There are times when I feel like a player has it. Getting killed with rapid fire from a bolt action rifle from someone either moving or turning around after I have hit them and being killed by quick, multiple head shots at that. Spawning back at the same area to defend it only for it to happen again in the same amazing manner. Then looking at the players score to see they are 36/2 or whatever. I can’t prove it though.

I recently watched a YouTube video of someone using the device on a PS4 with Apex Legends. Mouse Keyboard support, zero recoil, enhanced aim assist box as in larger box around a player that triggers aim assist used with a mouse no less. Auto run, auto reload, auto heal and just hold the trigger down and all weapons are fully auto. This person was destroying people. Not invincible but clearly having a massive advantage. Pointing the mouse at someone on the edge of his view click....kill.
  • SGT_Lindy
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    someone told me the Xbox elite controller has burst fire option for the triggers. does not surprise me.

I've heard the same before but damned if I can work it out on mine. Then again I've heard people claiming the Elite can run macros and I'm almost positive that is incorrect.

I have the elite. The only advantage I have gotten out of it is to shorten the trigger with the switch on the bottom. This makes it easier/slightly faster to shoot pistols or semi auto rifles. I do not use the extra paddles on the bottom as they get in the way of my grip so I removed them. I do not know of a way to run a script with the controller.

You can in the game set the trigger sensitivity to 0% for any controller which would help make a trigger.
  • ElliotLH
    6727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Google “CronusMax”. Watch YouTube videos of it. You can dominate with it. People use it in this game.

We are aware of that. Can you give us an accurate idea of how many people actually use it though? OP thinks that their use, along with hacking an Xbox like it was a PC, is rampant so it'd be great to see some numbers.

I have no idea how many people use it. It is clear that if they are using it they have a massive advantage that can’t be duplicated by a regular controller user even if you are really good.

There are times when I feel like a player has it. Getting killed with rapid fire from a bolt action rifle from someone either moving or turning around after I have hit them and being killed by quick, multiple head shots at that. Spawning back at the same area to defend it only for it to happen again in the same amazing manner. Then looking at the players score to see they are 36/2 or whatever. I can’t prove it though.

I recently watched a YouTube video of someone using the device on a PS4 with Apex Legends. Mouse Keyboard support, zero recoil, enhanced aim assist box as in larger box around a player that triggers aim assist used with a mouse no less. Auto run, auto reload, auto heal and just hold the trigger down and all weapons are fully auto. This person was destroying people. Not invincible but clearly having a massive advantage. Pointing the mouse at someone on the edge of his view click....kill.

That's precisely why I'm trying to find out sales numbers as until then the only thing people can go on are how the feel about other players - if we had some numbers then we can get an idea on how widespread an issue these things really are. Moreover someone going 36/2 shouldn't necessarily be seen as an indication of cheating as that can be achieved by playing with a platoon or friends. That's a slippery slope.

Personally I think that their use is very low and what is actually high is the paranoia about them. However without numbers I could be totally wrong to believe that.

While I completely agree that running a macro via one of these emulators (N.B. I for some reason don't care if people just want to use M+K) is not sporting and should be a bannable offence they also don't always "do what they say on the tin" and often it's a marketing ploy. For example rapid fire won't really do much with the bolt actions in this game as you still need to unscope between shots and the full auto feature won't let anyone shoot their gun faster than the hard cap anyway. Auto spotting is also out as it doesn't work the same in BFV as older titles, and it barely worked in BF1 due to the cooldown. Other games are no doubt different (such as your example from Apex - which I've never played so cannot comment) but the only really benefits from using one with BFV, from what I can tell anyway, is better aim and control if using it purely for M+K. Then again I've never used one so have to rely on information from people who have. I've been toying with the idea of buying one just to see what it's like but I just can't bring myself to do that :D

--
    someone told me the Xbox elite controller has burst fire option for the triggers. does not surprise me.

I've heard the same before but damned if I can work it out on mine. Then again I've heard people claiming the Elite can run macros and I'm almost positive that is incorrect.

I have the elite. The only advantage I have gotten out of it is to shorten the trigger with the switch on the bottom. This makes it easier/slightly faster to shoot pistols or semi auto rifles. I do not use the extra paddles on the bottom as they get in the way of my grip so I removed them. I do not know of a way to run a script with the controller.

You can in the game set the trigger sensitivity to 0% for any controller which would help make a trigger.

Thank you for the advice there and as I mentioned to full951 I'm going to have a fiddle and see how it goes. I already use the trigger locks and have the in-game trigger sensitivity set to 5% with mine so it'll be interesting to see if shortening it further with the app will make a difference. It's also interesting that you don't use the paddles as I took 2 of the 4 off myself since they got in the way and make holding the controller painful. Nice to see I'm not alone there.

TBH I think that the person who was claiming that the Elite could run scripts was 100% talking out of their posterior.
  • SGT_Lindy

That's precisely why I'm trying to find out sales numbers as until then the only thing people can go on are how the feel about other players - if we had some numbers then we can get an idea on how widespread an issue these things really are. Moreover someone going 36/2 shouldn't necessarily be seen as an indication of cheating as that can be achieved by playing with a platoon or friends. That's a slippery slope.

Personally I think that their use is very low and what is actually high is the paranoia about them. However without numbers I could be totally wrong to believe that.

While I completely agree that running a macro via one of these emulators (N.B. I for some reason don't care if people just want to use M+K) is not sporting and should be a bannable offence they also don't always "do what they say on the tin" and often it's a marketing ploy. For example rapid fire won't really do much with the bolt actions in this game as you still need to unscope between shots and the full auto feature won't let anyone shoot their gun faster than the hard cap anyway. Auto spotting is also out as it doesn't work the same in BFV as older titles, and it barely worked in BF1 due to the cooldown. Other games are no doubt different (such as your example from Apex - which I've never played so cannot comment) but the only really benefits from using one with BFV, from what I can tell anyway, is better aim and control if using it purely for M+K. Then again I've never used one so have to rely on information from people who have. I've been toying with the idea of buying one just to see what it's like but I just can't bring myself to do that :D

--

Thank you for the advice there and as I mentioned to full951 I'm going to have a fiddle and see how it goes. I already use the trigger locks and have the in-game trigger sensitivity set to 5% with mine so it'll be interesting to see if shortening it further with the app will make a difference. It's also interesting that you don't use the paddles as I took 2 of the 4 off myself since they got in the way and make holding the controller painful. Nice to see I'm not alone there.

TBH I think that the person who was claiming that the Elite could run scripts was 100% talking out of their posterior.

No 36/2 should not be the determination. If they are playing infantry it is part of the equation for sure as that is really good for someone not playing in a tank or plane.

Rapid fire matters if you never have to release the trigger and pull it again. Especially combined with no recoil.

Think about this....mouse aiming is more precise. Now add mouse aiming with aim assist built into the game for controllers (you cant do this on the PC even). Now add the enhanced aim assist the script provides so the aim assist enable box is larger on the target. Now remove all recoil and finally remove the requirement to release and pull the trigger for each shot. You point in the general direction of your target with a mouse, enhanced aim assists locks on, you click the mouse button and hold it down until the target is dead. Any weapon. Sure the bolt action is slower but the damage is higher per round. So...bam..bam dead.

If you get hit enough but are still alive I have to move my thumb over to heal myself. With a script is just happens automatically, which is faster and your thumb never leaves the aiming stick. Same for reloading. It all ads up to a massive advantage.

I just moved to my Xbox One X last week (SSGT_Lindy). Cheating was so out of control on the PC. Aimbots, wall hacks, damage hacks, see through smoke hacks, people running up scores like 72/4 playing infantry. People accusing each other in the chats and the replies....."So what everyone does" not even trying to hide it. I tried to get my money back from EA....nope. I bought the Xbox version because I really like BF games and got it for $24 off of CD Keys. Cheating is way, way, way less on the Xbox. That said I wish these devices could be blocked and force controllers only. If the game ever supports M/K on the console (not really in favor of that because it will lesson the player count on each side of the argument) then keep those players on their own servers. I would probably use a M/K being mostly a long time PC gamer because I feel the aiming is easier with a mouse. The console is a better place to place this game for sure. PC gaming for me is done except for DCS flight sims. Besides BF, I will not purchase another EA game.
  • SGT_Lindy
    edited March 6
    Dupe post

Post edited by SGT_Lindy on
  • ElliotLH

--

No 36/2 should not be the determination. If they are playing infantry it is part of the equation for sure as that is really good for someone not playing in a tank or plane.

Rapid fire matters if you never have to release the trigger and pull it again. Especially combined with no recoil.

Think about this....mouse aiming is more precise. Now add mouse aiming with aim assist built into the game for controllers (you cant do this on the PC even). Now add the enhanced aim assist the script provides so the aim assist enable box is larger on the target. Now remove all recoil and finally remove the requirement to release and pull the trigger for each shot. You point in the general direction of your target with a mouse, enhanced aim assists locks on, you click the mouse button and hold it down until the target is dead. Any weapon. Sure the bolt action is slower but the damage is higher per round. So...bam..bam dead.

If you get hit enough but are still alive I have to move my thumb over to heal myself. With a script is just happens automatically, which is faster and your thumb never leaves the aiming stick. Same for reloading. It all ads up to a massive advantage.

I just moved to my Xbox One X last week (SSGT_Lindy). Cheating was so out of control on the PC. Aimbots, wall hacks, damage hacks, see through smoke hacks, people running up scores like 72/4 playing infantry. People accusing each other in the chats and the replies....."So what everyone does" not even trying to hide it. I tried to get my money back from EA....nope. I bought the Xbox version because I really like BF games and got it for $24 off of CD Keys. Cheating is way, way, way less on the Xbox. That said I wish these devices could be blocked and force controllers only. If the game ever supports M/K on the console (not really in favor of that because it will lesson the player count on each side of the argument) then keep those players on their own servers. I would probably use a M/K being mostly a long time PC gamer because I feel the aiming is easier with a mouse. The console is a better place to place this game for sure. PC gaming for me is done except for DCS flight sims. Besides BF, I will not purchase another EA game.

I don't especially disagree with anything you've said, and to reiterate I 100% agree that running a script through one of these emulators should be a bannable offence (I guess it actually already is since it breaks the EA ToS). This is the main reason why I've been thinking of trying one out as all I can go on is what other people have said and they either give the impression that most of the scripts don't work as claimed (most of my info comes from a someone I know who uses one) or they give god-tier abilities. I just can't bring myself to be that much of a scumbag lol.

My main issue with these isn't the devices themselves per se but rather these hysterical posts where it's claimed that "rampant hacking and cheating a modding" is going on and I just don't think it's the case. Some people definitely are using them but I just can't see them being commonplace. This is where sales numbers would come in extremely handy as then at least we'd know how many were potentially in the wild.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Not to belabor the point, but 36-2 could actually be more like 36-20 (which isn’t overly impressive), if the player has a good squad that stays together and revives a lot.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10708 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to give you a perspective from the other side and this isn't to big note myself but hopefully help you understand what it's like being on the other end of a 'hackusation'.

I've been on Xbox for over 6 years, in all that time I was never accused of hacking, unsportsmanship, etc and still to this date have a perfect reputation score with Xbox. When BFV came out I grinded planes as I wanted to get better and the 31st of December I became the number 1 ranked Pilot on BFV for Xbox.
    Between December 20th - January 11th I was reported 136 times for hacking and 65 times for unsporting behavior, this caused me to come home and be greeted with a screen telling me my account was temporarily disabled by the xbox enforcement team while they investigated my account for potential hacking. I then had to log into my account on the computer and spend over 30 mins on a back and forth chat with Microsoft to have my account reactivated.

I will openly admit I am garbage on the ground and my 1.1 K/D will vouch for that, take my infantry Kills and deaths out of the equation and I have 22,729 kills and roughly 750 - 800 deaths in a plane. I use a standard xbox one controller that I got with the console and have just put in the time and effort to get good at flying, so why should I have to go through all that trouble just because I chose to get better at something than someone else? On the ground I seemingly get instakilled by people but I can admit I'm just not that good and these people know better tactics to drop me, just as I know the better tactics in the air to drop them.

We all have strengths/weaknesses and you just have to admit when someone is better than you, simply calling everyone a 'hacker' is only creating an excuse to make you feel better for losing and you need to knock it off. You will always be better than someone else and someone else will always be better than you, that's just reality.

This is Xbox not PC and while hacking is possible its not probable. You might consider modded controllers cheating but it's not the same as hacking, as you still have the chance to kill them

This should be stickied on the front page of the general section.
  • TuxedoBanana279
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fleeger21 wrote: »
    I have had it with the rampant hacking and cheating a modding that is taking place in this game on xbox. Not a single night goes by with lout me running into at least four hackers/ cheaters. There is a massive problem with people using modded controllers to make all weapons automatic. And there is also a problem with people teleporting around the map right behind somone then teleport away. I want EA to do something about this cause many of my friends have stopped playing because of this. I for one support a lifetime ban for cheating upon the first confirmed offense. As well as console and ip bans right away. Make it harder for them to afford hacking.

I think you mean "cheating" because there is not hacking on xbox, fam...
  • xzxMRMAGOO_oim6
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don’t understand why people have to hack in games like battlefield it’s such a good game without hackers
  • full951
    2297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    lindy and Elliot, you two need to get a xim and try it. just a xim. all your perceptions will change. you will still think it's precise, but you will realize that precice is on the player. not the input device.
  • ElliotLH
    lindy and Elliot, you two need to get a xim and try it. just a xim. all your perceptions will change. you will still think it's precise, but you will realize that precice is on the player. not the input device.

Xim I've got no problem with dude as I honestly don't care if someone uses M&K, it's the scripts you can use through the CronusMax that I'm interested in testing out more than anything else.
  • MrCamp121
    322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ive only ever encountered 1 person that i suspected of using cronus rapid fire...since his pistol sounded like an smg lol so i spectated him, and sure enough his M1a1 was firing pretty much as an automatic so i was pretty sure he was using it. Have the capture on my xbox still.

But aside from that one, ive never seen anyone else blatantly using it
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was playing with a guy last night who was talking about these “packs” or something he bought from Walmart for his controller (maybe a special controller...I don’t know), and he said they allow many of the things the Cronus Max advertises. I asked him about the Cronus Max, and he said he’d never heard of it.

Anyone ever heard of this poopoo?
  • ElliotLH
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    I was playing with a guy last night who was talking about these “packs” or something he bought from Walmart for his controller (maybe a special controller...I don’t know), and he said they allow many of the things the Cronus Max advertises. I asked him about the Cronus Max, and he said he’d never heard of it.

From a quick glance it could be something like this maybe: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Collective-Minds-CM00023-Xbox-Pack/dp/B07H4MPJ5X/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1552081779&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=xbox+one+mod+pack&dpPl=1&dpID=410VXmtN1fL&ref=plSrch
  • full951
    2297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

it's called a "strike pack" a rechargeable battery pack that has extra paddles on it. it's an option for controller players looking for scuff paddles at lower price. it also includes some macro support.
  • Mishkin37

it's called a "strike pack" a rechargeable battery pack that has extra paddles on it. it's an option for controller players looking for scuff paddles at lower price. it also includes some macro support.

Yup. That’s what he called it. He said something about aim assist, rapid fire, blah, blah, blah, I kind of tuned him out, because I was annoyed.

• sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I did some research on this topic because I too wanted to know what was going on with the cronusmax thing...

As it turns out I used to have a custom controller for Xbox 360. When Xbox one came out I bought a cronusmax so that I could still use my 360 controller with Xbox one. That controller broke and I eventually made the switch. Now I play with an Elite controller with the scuf paddles on the bottom.

Somewhere between then and now and me moving twice, I thought that cronusmax device (the size of a usb thumbdrive) was long gone. I asked my wife and she said she put all of my gaming stuff in a tote in the attic. I started hunting for it and eventually I dug it out and found a cable to hook it up to my pc. Ran an update from the Cronusmax PC program (like 5 firmware versions later) and now I was good to go to test it.

I downloaded the latest BF5 “game Pack” which was supposed to offer enhanced auto aim, no recoil mode, rapid fire mod, quickscope and all the other bs. So I uploaded the program to the stick, and the pc program is where you control all the values. I left it plugged in to the pc and went to the bf5 practice range to “test it out”

As far as I can tell the only viable thing would be rapid fire. The anti recoil kinda works but your gun pulls badly to one side or the other. I played with every value and couldn’t find anything that worked well, the aim assist function made my crosshairs vibrate to the point of making you dizzy when you ads until I adjusted the value down so far it didn’t really do much as far as I can tell...but I never really tested it in a game either.

Basically, I made the determination that it would be more of a hindrance than a help for me. Sure it might help you in one situation but hinder you greatly in others. There might be another program to upload to it that works better but I have already wasted too much time trying to figure it out.

Honestly, my brother really struggles with the game. His k/d is somewhere in .30 range. I thought if I could figure this out maybe I could give it to him to help him get a little more enjoyment from the game. But I quickly realized it takes a high degree of technical skill to program it and even then it doesn’t work like you think it does.

I won’t ever use it...but I do have one for sale if anyone wants it...lol.

I think the heart of all the cheating/hacking problems stems from netcode problems in the game and inaccurate views of what is taking place in the game on the client side. Sure there might be some people out there that were able to figure out the cronusmax or found a better “script”...but I have seen some crazy things in this game by terrible players....
    Like...
    Guys shooting me in the middle of a reload
    Getting killed by players looking 180 in the other direction
    Seemingly unkillable players
    Getting one shotted by every weapon in the game
    Getting shot behind mountains of cover
    ...and the list goes on.

But the few times I thought someone might have been cheating I looked up their stats on battlefield tracker and they were terrible. Never have I found anyone with even a 3 k/d.

Basically my opinion is there are no devices out there that can make you a great player. If a cronusmax helps a bad player get a little more enjoyment out of the game then so be it...same with mouse and keyboard. I don’t know any great player that would solely rely on a device for their greatness. Great players are great because of their ability to adapt to any situation, position themselves accordingly, choosing the right weapon for the occasion, and knowing their limits and playing within that zone.

Just my .02 cents
  • Mishkin37
    sbvaughn88 wrote: »
    I did some research on this topic because I too wanted to know what was going on with the cronusmax thing...

As it turns out I used to have a custom controller for Xbox 360. When Xbox one came out I bought a cronusmax so that I could still use my 360 controller with Xbox one. That controller broke and I eventually made the switch. Now I play with an Elite controller with the scuf paddles on the bottom.

Somewhere between then and now and me moving twice, I thought that cronusmax device (the size of a usb thumbdrive) was long gone. I asked my wife and she said she put all of my gaming stuff in a tote in the attic. I started hunting for it and eventually I dug it out and found a cable to hook it up to my pc. Ran an update from the Cronusmax PC program (like 5 firmware versions later) and now I was good to go to test it.

I downloaded the latest BF5 “game Pack” which was supposed to offer enhanced auto aim, no recoil mode, rapid fire mod, quickscope and all the other bs. So I uploaded the program to the stick, and the pc program is where you control all the values. I left it plugged in to the pc and went to the bf5 practice range to “test it out”

As far as I can tell the only viable thing would be rapid fire. The anti recoil kinda works but your gun pulls badly to one side or the other. I played with every value and couldn’t find anything that worked well, the aim assist function made my crosshairs vibrate to the point of making you dizzy when you ads until I adjusted the value down so far it didn’t really do much as far as I can tell...but I never really tested it in a game either.

Basically, I made the determination that it would be more of a hindrance than a help for me. Sure it might help you in one situation but hinder you greatly in others. There might be another program to upload to it that works better but I have already wasted too much time trying to figure it out.

Honestly, my brother really struggles with the game. His k/d is somewhere in .30 range. I thought if I could figure this out maybe I could give it to him to help him get a little more enjoyment from the game. But I quickly realized it takes a high degree of technical skill to program it and even then it doesn’t work like you think it does.

I won’t ever use it...but I do have one for sale if anyone wants it...lol.

I think the heart of all the cheating/hacking problems stems from netcode problems in the game and inaccurate views of what is taking place in the game on the client side. Sure there might be some people out there that were able to figure out the cronusmax or found a better “script”...but I have seen some crazy things in this game by terrible players....
    Like...
    Guys shooting me in the middle of a reload
    Getting killed by players looking 180 in the other direction
    Seemingly unkillable players
    Getting one shotted by every weapon in the game
    Getting shot behind mountains of cover
    ...and the list goes on.

But the few times I thought someone might have been cheating I looked up their stats on battlefield tracker and they were terrible. Never have I found anyone with even a 3 k/d.

Basically my opinion is there are no devices out there that can make you a great player. If a cronusmax helps a bad player get a little more enjoyment out of the game then so be it...same with mouse and keyboard. I don’t know any great player that would solely rely on a device for their greatness. Great players are great because of their ability to adapt to any situation, position themselves accordingly, choosing the right weapon for the occasion, and knowing their limits and playing within that zone.

Just my .02 cents

Thanks for the update, @sbvaughn88. It’s nice to hear an actual review rather than another “I heard that...” post, of which I’ve created my fair share.

I don’t know if this helps disprove some hacking claims, but I think it will shed some perspective.

We were playing Conquest last night, and a fellow platoon member was having decent games; he was going like 35-20, 24-19, etc.

We kept losing games, despite taking every flag we could, and he decided to kick it up another level, I guess. He played like someone stole his lunch money.

In the next 2 rounds, he went 68-15 and 61-20something AS INFANTRY (Scout and then Support). It was unreal; I don’t know if I’ve ever seen 60+ kills in a Conquest match by one person, and I’ve certainly never seen it in back-to-back games. He said that he was 8-1 vs some enemies on the other team.

My point is that he was just playing the game, but I know that our opponents must have suspected foul play, and I know that people on here have exhibited far less lopsided K/D numbers as evidence that people hack.

I guess you can’t underestimate how good some people can play when they want to kick it up a notch.