Hackers on XBox one.

13»

Comments

• Anadunae
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Never experienced it.
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    sbvaughn88 wrote: »
    I did some research on this topic because I too wanted to know what was going on with the cronusmax thing...

As it turns out I used to have a custom controller for Xbox 360. When Xbox one came out I bought a cronusmax so that I could still use my 360 controller with Xbox one. That controller broke and I eventually made the switch. Now I play with an Elite controller with the scuf paddles on the bottom.

Somewhere between then and now and me moving twice, I thought that cronusmax device (the size of a usb thumbdrive) was long gone. I asked my wife and she said she put all of my gaming stuff in a tote in the attic. I started hunting for it and eventually I dug it out and found a cable to hook it up to my pc. Ran an update from the Cronusmax PC program (like 5 firmware versions later) and now I was good to go to test it.

I downloaded the latest BF5 “game Pack” which was supposed to offer enhanced auto aim, no recoil mode, rapid fire mod, quickscope and all the other bs. So I uploaded the program to the stick, and the pc program is where you control all the values. I left it plugged in to the pc and went to the bf5 practice range to “test it out”

As far as I can tell the only viable thing would be rapid fire. The anti recoil kinda works but your gun pulls badly to one side or the other. I played with every value and couldn’t find anything that worked well, the aim assist function made my crosshairs vibrate to the point of making you dizzy when you ads until I adjusted the value down so far it didn’t really do much as far as I can tell...but I never really tested it in a game either.

Basically, I made the determination that it would be more of a hindrance than a help for me. Sure it might help you in one situation but hinder you greatly in others. There might be another program to upload to it that works better but I have already wasted too much time trying to figure it out.

Honestly, my brother really struggles with the game. His k/d is somewhere in .30 range. I thought if I could figure this out maybe I could give it to him to help him get a little more enjoyment from the game. But I quickly realized it takes a high degree of technical skill to program it and even then it doesn’t work like you think it does.

I won’t ever use it...but I do have one for sale if anyone wants it...lol.

I think the heart of all the cheating/hacking problems stems from netcode problems in the game and inaccurate views of what is taking place in the game on the client side. Sure there might be some people out there that were able to figure out the cronusmax or found a better “script”...but I have seen some crazy things in this game by terrible players....
    Like...
    Guys shooting me in the middle of a reload
    Getting killed by players looking 180 in the other direction
    Seemingly unkillable players
    Getting one shotted by every weapon in the game
    Getting shot behind mountains of cover
    ...and the list goes on.

But the few times I thought someone might have been cheating I looked up their stats on battlefield tracker and they were terrible. Never have I found anyone with even a 3 k/d.

Basically my opinion is there are no devices out there that can make you a great player. If a cronusmax helps a bad player get a little more enjoyment out of the game then so be it...same with mouse and keyboard. I don’t know any great player that would solely rely on a device for their greatness. Great players are great because of their ability to adapt to any situation, position themselves accordingly, choosing the right weapon for the occasion, and knowing their limits and playing within that zone.

Just my .02 cents

Thanks for the update, @sbvaughn88. It’s nice to hear an actual review rather than another “I heard that...” post, of which I’ve created my fair share.

I don’t know if this helps disprove some hacking claims, but I think it will shed some perspective.

We were playing Conquest last night, and a fellow platoon member was having decent games; he was going like 35-20, 24-19, etc.

We kept losing games, despite taking every flag we could, and he decided to kick it up another level, I guess. He played like someone stole his lunch money.

In the next 2 rounds, he went 68-15 and 61-20something AS INFANTRY (Scout and then Support). It was unreal; I don’t know if I’ve ever seen 60+ kills in a Conquest match by one person, and I’ve certainly never seen it in back-to-back games. He said that he was 8-1 vs some enemies on the other team.

My point is that he was just playing the game, but I know that our opponents must have suspected foul play, and I know that people on here have exhibited far less lopsided K/D numbers as evidence that people hack.

I guess you can’t underestimate how good some people can play when they want to kick it up a notch.

Honestly, I have had a few insane games before especially when I get into a tank and sometimes as infantry (mainly sniper) when I play with my best weapons....and in a good squad with a medic. Part of the enjoyment in the game for me is playing with all of the guns and learning each play style so I don’t always do this...Give me the Gewehr 1-5, the Suomi or MP-40, the Lewis Gun, or the ZH-29 and I can do very well with those guns and have received salty messages and have been accused of cheating before.

I remember a breakthrough match on Hamada a while back where I had something like a 72-17 match playing with the ZH-29 and a Churchill tank and I got revived several times...even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and again...I’m a decent player but by no means the best. Sometimes though I meet a team who’s particular weakness is my play style. Other times I have to try a few different things to find what works.

Also, I think Part of what’s neccessary for a monster game is a decent other team and a game that plays for a long time. Otherwise when your on a team beating the other team badly, you don’t have the time to rack up that many kills nor the players pushing the objectives and areas where your most likely to get the kills. You need a team ALMOST as good as your team....which makes sense that your guy had those rounds in back to back games.

He found a team almost as good as yours and one that was particularly weak to his play style, and he was probably “in the zone” and if playing with you in a good squad...sometimes the stars do align for a great match.

I think there are a lot of players out there who cannot fathom how somebody could attain those scores like you said 68-15 but it is very possible ESPECIALLY when everything comes together. You have eyes in every direction, get revived sometimes when you go down, and have 3 other players watching your back, etc.

People often wonder, “how did that guy know I was there”....it’s because his buddy saw you and told him you were there in his headset. I do this all the time...

I think this game is much more centered around squad play and this is a new concept for many players. It would be extremely difficult for someone to have a 68-15 game lone wolfing in a bad squad. Much more possible in previous games but not this one.

• Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I did some research on this topic because I too wanted to know what was going on with the cronusmax thing...

As it turns out I used to have a custom controller for Xbox 360. When Xbox one came out I bought a cronusmax so that I could still use my 360 controller with Xbox one. That controller broke and I eventually made the switch. Now I play with an Elite controller with the scuf paddles on the bottom.

Somewhere between then and now and me moving twice, I thought that cronusmax device (the size of a usb thumbdrive) was long gone. I asked my wife and she said she put all of my gaming stuff in a tote in the attic. I started hunting for it and eventually I dug it out and found a cable to hook it up to my pc. Ran an update from the Cronusmax PC program (like 5 firmware versions later) and now I was good to go to test it.

I downloaded the latest BF5 “game Pack” which was supposed to offer enhanced auto aim, no recoil mode, rapid fire mod, quickscope and all the other bs. So I uploaded the program to the stick, and the pc program is where you control all the values. I left it plugged in to the pc and went to the bf5 practice range to “test it out”

As far as I can tell the only viable thing would be rapid fire. The anti recoil kinda works but your gun pulls badly to one side or the other. I played with every value and couldn’t find anything that worked well, the aim assist function made my crosshairs vibrate to the point of making you dizzy when you ads until I adjusted the value down so far it didn’t really do much as far as I can tell...but I never really tested it in a game either.

Basically, I made the determination that it would be more of a hindrance than a help for me. Sure it might help you in one situation but hinder you greatly in others. There might be another program to upload to it that works better but I have already wasted too much time trying to figure it out.

Honestly, my brother really struggles with the game. His k/d is somewhere in .30 range. I thought if I could figure this out maybe I could give it to him to help him get a little more enjoyment from the game. But I quickly realized it takes a high degree of technical skill to program it and even then it doesn’t work like you think it does.

I think the heart of all the cheating/hacking problems stems from netcode problems in the game and inaccurate views of what is taking place in the game on the client side. Sure there might be some people out there that were able to figure out the cronusmax or found a better “script”...but I have seen some crazy things in this game by terrible players....
    Like...
    ...and the list goes on.

But the few times I thought someone might have been cheating I looked up their stats on battlefield tracker and they were terrible. Never have I found anyone with even a 3 k/d.

Basically my opinion is there are no devices out there that can make you a great player. If a cronusmax helps a bad player get a little more enjoyment out of the game then so be it...same with mouse and keyboard. I don’t know any great player that would solely rely on a device for their greatness. Great players are great because of their ability to adapt to any situation, position themselves accordingly, choosing the right weapon for the occasion, and knowing their limits and playing within that zone.

Just my .02 cents

Thanks for the update, @sbvaughn88. It’s nice to hear an actual review rather than another “I heard that...” post, of which I’ve created my fair share.

I don’t know if this helps disprove some hacking claims, but I think it will shed some perspective.

We were playing Conquest last night, and a fellow platoon member was having decent games; he was going like 35-20, 24-19, etc.

We kept losing games, despite taking every flag we could, and he decided to kick it up another level, I guess. He played like someone stole his lunch money.

In the next 2 rounds, he went 68-15 and 61-20something AS INFANTRY (Scout and then Support). It was unreal; I don’t know if I’ve ever seen 60+ kills in a Conquest match by one person, and I’ve certainly never seen it in back-to-back games. He said that he was 8-1 vs some enemies on the other team.

My point is that he was just playing the game, but I know that our opponents must have suspected foul play, and I know that people on here have exhibited far less lopsided K/D numbers as evidence that people hack.

I guess you can’t underestimate how good some people can play when they want to kick it up a notch.

Honestly, I have had a few insane games before especially when I get into a tank and sometimes as infantry (mainly sniper) when I play with my best weapons....and in a good squad with a medic. Part of the enjoyment in the game for me is playing with all of the guns and learning each play style so I don’t always do this...Give me the Gewehr 1-5, the Suomi or MP-40, the Lewis Gun, or the ZH-29 and I can do very well with those guns and have received salty messages and have been accused of cheating before.

I remember a breakthrough match on Hamada a while back where I had something like a 72-17 match playing with the ZH-29 and a Churchill tank and I got revived several times...even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and again...I’m a decent player but by no means the best. Sometimes though I meet a team who’s particular weakness is my play style. Other times I have to try a few different things to find what works.

Also, I think Part of what’s neccessary for a monster game is a decent other team and a game that plays for a long time. Otherwise when your on a team beating the other team badly, you don’t have the time to rack up that many kills nor the players pushing the objectives and areas where your most likely to get the kills. You need a team ALMOST as good as your team....which makes sense that your guy had those rounds in back to back games.

He found a team almost as good as yours and one that was particularly weak to his play style, and he was probably “in the zone” and if playing with you in a good squad...sometimes the stars do align for a great match.

I think there are a lot of players out there who cannot fathom how somebody could attain those scores like you said 68-15 but it is very possible ESPECIALLY when everything comes together. You have eyes in every direction, get revived sometimes when you go down, and have 3 other players watching your back, etc.

People often wonder, “how did that guy know I was there”....it’s because his buddy saw you and told him you were there in his headset. I do this all the time...

I think this game is much more centered around squad play and this is a new concept for many players. It would be extremely difficult for someone to have a 68-15 game lone wolfing in a bad squad. Much more possible in previous games but not this one.

You called it. He was using the ZH-29, and we had 2 Supports in our squad. The game was very back-and-forth, just like you said.

And BTW, I also get so annoyed with the whiny, “How did he even know I was there?!?” It’s the equivalent to a guilty kid saying, “But I didn’t even do anything!!!”

How did he or she know you were there:
    - He/she has 3 squadmates, each with eyes
    - Used a spotting scope
    - Shot a flare
    - A scout shot at you and marked you
    - A support suppressed you and marked you
    - You’re not as concealed as you think
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Like...
    ...and the list goes on.

Just my .02 cents

You called it. He was using the ZH-29, and we had 2 Supports in our squad. The game was very back-and-forth, just like you said.

And BTW, I also get so annoyed with the whiny, “How did he even know I was there?!?” It’s the equivalent to a guilty kid saying, “But I didn’t even do anything!!!”

- Used a spotting scope
    - Shot a flare

Yes, yes, yes. Everyone who’s ever said “that’s bs, how did he know I was there” needs to read that list. I’ve gotten messages from salty players I’ve killed in a window somewhere while driving a tank....I mean really? Half of the time your rifle barrel is sticking out of the window and the other half of the time I guessed and shot a round in a window where players always camp and got lucky.

Next prediction....I’m already hearing the future cries that the new mosquito plane will need a nerf. I was playing on twisted steel tonight after getting it leveled up to 4 and it’s ridiculously powerful against tanks and ground infantry. I probably took out 8 tanks that match with the 6PDR and the 4000lb bomb and had several multikill bomb drops of 5 or more on the bridge at E and B. They basically had no armor the entire match.

Luckily I had a great spitfire pilot keeping other bf109’s off my tail that made all this possible....which is another piece people can’t grasp...teamwork.

I also watched a YouTube video where a guy went like 71-9 on devastation with a shotgun and everyone in the chat (on PC) was accusing him of cheating...he clearly wasn’t. He was just really good at flanking, positioning, etc. his aim wasn’t even all that great and people accused him of aimbotting. It was actually hard to watch all the unfounded criticism this guy got just for flat out ******(edited because someone was offended) a bunch of clueless morons. Here’s the link:

Check out this video. This attitude and sentiment is a problem in BF5
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Like...
    ...and the list goes on.

Just my .02 cents

- Used a spotting scope
    - Shot a flare

Yes, yes, yes. Everyone who’s ever said “that’s bs, how did he know I was there” needs to read that list. I’ve gotten messages from salty players I’ve killed in a window somewhere while driving a tank....I mean really? Half of the time your rifle barrel is sticking out of the window and the other half of the time I guessed and shot a round in a window where players always camp and got lucky.

Next prediction....I’m already hearing the future cries that the new mosquito plane will need a nerf. I was playing on twisted steel tonight after getting it leveled up to 4 and it’s ridiculously powerful against tanks and ground infantry. I probably took out 8 tanks that match with the 6PDR and the 4000lb bomb and had several multikill bomb drops of 5 or more on the bridge at E and B. They basically had no armor the entire match.

Luckily I had a great spitfire pilot keeping other bf109’s off my tail that made all this possible....which is another piece people can’t grasp...teamwork.

I also watched a YouTube video where a guy went like 71-9 on devastation with a shotgun and everyone in the chat (on PC) was accusing him of cheating...he clearly wasn’t. He was just really good at flanking, positioning, etc. his aim wasn’t even all that great and people accused him of aimbotting. It was actually hard to watch all the unfounded criticism this guy got just for flat out **** a bunch of clueless morons. Here’s the link:

Great video! It was amazing how patient that guy was, especially on the E flag of Rotterdam, when he had so many options for enemies to kill. I would have freaked out and shot directly between every pair of enemies, hitting nobody!

Some people are just really, really good (which is a combo of skill and smarts).

• GrumbleSG9
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I also watched a YouTube video where a guy went like 71-9 on devastation with a shotgun and everyone in the chat (on PC) was accusing him of cheating...he clearly wasn’t. He was just really good at flanking, positioning, etc. his aim wasn’t even all that great and people accused him of aimbotting. It was actually hard to watch all the unfounded criticism this guy got just for flat out **** a bunch of clueless morons. Here’s the link:

Guy in the video was poetry in motion at times. Also, insane that people jump to conclusions so quickly. It's disheartening.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17
    Not to belabor the point, but 36-2 could actually be more like 36-20 (which isn’t overly impressive), if the player has a good squad that stays together and revives a lot.

Not to belabor the point but we can look up the round and see how many revives he received.
  • Mishkin37
    Not to belabor the point, but 36-2 could actually be more like 36-20 (which isn’t overly impressive), if the player has a good squad that stays together and revives a lot.

Not to belabor the point but we can look up the round and see how many revives he received.

Touché. So what did you determine through your data analysis?