Weekly Debrief

*FIXED* Game crashing to desktop after patch today

Comments

• OverShift
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ill try some of the suggestions on here but they need to fix this. I play a lot of different games and this is the only one that crashes every 5 minutes.
  • DanRage47
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My game doesn't crash, it literally EXITS PROGRAM as if I pressed ALT-F4, except for 1 second it freezes, then it just 'exits'
    WTH is going on, Evil Agency Games? or DICE, Dorky International Collaborative Evils?
  • KING_IN_YELL0W
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DanRage47 said:
    My game doesn't crash, it literally EXITS PROGRAM as if I pressed ALT-F4, except for 1 second it freezes, then it just 'exits'
    WTH is going on, Evil Agency Games? or DICE, Dorky International Collaborative Evils?
    This is exactly what happens to me. The game will basically freeze for a second (like when you get a massive drop in frame rate) then just crash to desktop. 

When it crashes I get no error message, and there is nothing in Event Viewer.

I have reinstalled windows, reinstalled the game, repaired the game, down clocked ram, removed ram, tweaked voltages, downclocked and overclocked my GPU, tried every graphics setting you can think of on a variety of drivers. Nothing works, the game is broken in some way.
  • KING_IN_YELL0W
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just played 30 minutes before crashing again! A new record woo hoo! Absolute trash game
  • PsiHo1389
    32 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nvidia gpu --> new driver fix(436.51), fix my crashing...
  • g0merpile
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 19
    DiscoPr0 said:
    I came across this today, it could shed some light on some people's issues.
    https://wccftech.com/windows-10-update-freezes-games-microsoft-recommends-uninstall/

Did you try to remove this windows update yourself? If so did it work.

I look ed quickly last night and did not see it in my list of installed updates. If I looked at it correctly then this means the Windows patch is not the issue. It seems EA is taking the usual approach of placing the blame on our systems instead of their code.

Eventhough I did not have crashing to desktop, my case was windows update. I did a reinstall of windows, unplugged my network, paused win update, downloaded windows update patch. Installed that way. MS has announced that windows update caused system instability. Second thing I can think of is if your onboard graphic card is enabled in bios and the drivers installed Microsoft has said that oct build is causing graphic issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-update-october-8-2019kb4517389-os-build/c01baa68-2c26-46b0-944c-a0e577bfa6f1?auth=1 I totally blocked that update and moved on the standalone install

Although the problem with display glitches is inconvenient, it doesn't appear to render affected machines completely inoperable. As a result, this provides users the opportunity to simply roll back the driver update to avoid the issue until the offending update is automatically downloaded again. However, you can now pause updates for up to 35 days if you've installed the May 2019 Update as follows:

1. Press Win + I (for India)
    2. Click "Update & Security"
    3. Click "Pause updates for 7 days"
    4. Repeat to pause updates for up to 35 days as desire
    Also wanted to add, MS has announced to not use windows update because there is an  issue with win 10 build in update.
    Edit one more for importand note
    If you uninstall the last update you will run into permission problems,  I'd advice you if this happens rest will fail because win will not remove the latest update, and with win update breaking windows system there is little option but to reinstall, and follow ms advice to use standalone download update https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4517389

• KING_IN_YELL0W
    PsiHo1389 said:
    Nvidia gpu --> new driver fix(436.51), fix my crashing...

Just tried it, no difference for me. Still crashing 10-15 minutes into a game
  • PsiHo1389
    edited October 20
    (Quote)

Just tried it, no difference for me. Still crashing 10-15 minutes into a game

Can you send me on PM your mobile number(viber), and i will send you all settings, then give a try?
  • Lou00007
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    up....CTD in full screen still exists ffs & they know it and ain't do something about it.....
  • Jinko_itx
    739 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I believe if you are overclocking your RAM, this game does not like it, so try to default your ram speed and see if it doesn't crash the game anymore
  • MinusTheGaming
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jinko_itx said:
    I believe if you are overclocking your RAM, this game does not like it, so try to default your ram speed and see if it doesn't crash the game anymore
    this worked for me i just recently built a new pc and enabled xmp then tried this and its worked perfectly fine no crashing to desktop, Thanks
  • PsiHo1389
    I have normall stock speed (xmp on), but still crash :/
  • Carbonic
    1478 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    PsiHo1389 said:
    I have normall stock speed (xmp on), but still crash :/
    Just wanted to correct a common misconception. "XMP enabled" is not stock. XMP is a profile of prevalidated overclocking values. Motherboards and CPUs (if the memory controller is built into it like most Intel ones) also affect memory overclocking stability so XMP is not necessarily stable just because it's XMP, it's just more likely to be stable.
  • Wboson
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GameTime.MaxVariableFps 72
     seems to do the trick. It´s high enough to play the game without getting headache but low enough to keep CPU\GPU usage <80% most of the time.

New AMD update came out couple of days ago, promising to fix some TDR issues but it was even worse for me. VRAM usage dropped and CPU usage spiked @100% constantly. Usually it was 20-30% lower.
  • KING_IN_YELL0W
    Installed latest Nvidia drivers and im still crashing to desktop. About 15 mins into a game. Great communication from DICE about this issue, the forum is full of reports, yet they havent even acknowledged it.
  • Mc_TheRipper
    45 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well to be fair we don't even know if it's an issue with BF5 or just high load scenarios in general (unstable OCs etc.)
  • MURLAV
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Finally fixed CTD.It was overclocked RAM with XMP enabled.Put back to AUTO in BIOS,game stable running.But memory dropped to default 2133Mhz:(((Looks like That game not friendly with OC memory.
  • Lou00007
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    window screen or boarderless 
    change that in nvidia geforce exp center or connect another monitor
    its issue with in drivers and the game too 
    and nobody did something about it support won't help either lol 
    im there for a month lol  since i started it 
  • KING_IN_YELL0W
    I have tried everything in my bios to fix the issues. Voltages, clocks, even removing RAM. Then I have tried all of the suggestions to do in Windows. I can’t get the game to work consistently. I’ve been playing Modern Warfare and Forza all weekend on my PC without any problems. The issue is with the game.
  • DJDeon0
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Switched systems, GPUs, PSUs, RAM, monitors, everything, BIOS flashes, standard settings, OC settings, multiple re-installs, Windows Update rollbacks, reinstalled Windows completely, GPU drivers etc..

Game STILL crashes. Sad :(

Been playing games Forza with no crashes. I think it's safe to say the game is still bugged unfortunately. It's been bugged like this for months now, ever since I got the game.

Anyone with AMD cards having issues like this though?