*FIXED* Game crashing to desktop after patch today

12346»

Comments

  • g0merpile
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 3
    MURLAV said:
    Finally fixed CTD.It was overclocked RAM with XMP enabled.Put back to AUTO in BIOS,game stable running.But memory dropped to default 2133Mhz:(((Looks like That game not friendly with OC memory.

    Gland it works with you, My whole system is OC, including Ram I do not have this problem. However I do have a 1350 watt PSU powering this system, Second, if your ram is 2133 that ram is the worst speed you could use. I only use 3600 samsung memory high quality. That is the difference between stable system. Never cheap out on memory.
  • CharlesReign
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    g0merpile said:
    MURLAV said:
    Finally fixed CTD.It was overclocked RAM with XMP enabled.Put back to AUTO in BIOS,game stable running.But memory dropped to default 2133Mhz:(((Looks like That game not friendly with OC memory.

    Gland it works with you, My whole system is OC, including Ram I do not have this problem. However I do have a 1350 watt PSU powering this system, Second, if your ram is 2133 that ram is the worst speed you could use. I only use 3600 samsung memory high quality. That is the difference between stable system. Never cheap out on memory.
    A fool and his money soon part. You don't need B-die memory or 3600mhz memory but it couldn't hurt. You are not going to see a return on your investment for pricey memory. I just assume everybody uses at least 3000mhz DDR4 memory in BF5. 
  • Carbonic
    1570 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    g0merpile said:
    MURLAV said:
    Finally fixed CTD.It was overclocked RAM with XMP enabled.Put back to AUTO in BIOS,game stable running.But memory dropped to default 2133Mhz:(((Looks like That game not friendly with OC memory.
    Gland it works with you, My whole system is OC, including Ram I do not have this problem. 
    Overclocks are never a problem. The problem is if overclocks become unstable while playing BFV. If BFV affects systems in a special way compared to other games then I think that deserves to be looked into.

    g0merpile said:
    However I do have a 1350 watt PSU powering this system
    The size of your power supply does not make overclocks better or more stable as long as it provides enough power to your system. What systems, including overclocked systems, want is stable/clean and accurate power with little noise. Power output does not equal stability. A 1350 watt PSU would be pointless for most people - it would actually be plenty to run two 2080ti systems.

    g0merpile said:
    Second, if your ram is 2133 that ram is the worst speed you could use. I only use 3600 samsung memory high quality. That is the difference between stable system. Never cheap out on memory.
    No, slower than 2133 would be worse...
    People use non-Samsung memory of all kinds of speeds and that's just fine and stable, most people don't overclock their memory outside of what is automatically done by XMP and as long as you make sure your memory is validated for your motherboard memory chip brands should not matter. No reason to be a fanboy of a specific brand, if you manually overclock memory some chips can be better than others but considering Micron currently holds the overclocking record for DDR4 I don't see any reason to blindly recommend Samsung chips on the memory. Good memory is good, pricey memory is not necessarily good.
  • g0merpile
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 3
    Carbonic said:
    g0merpile said:
    MURLAV said:
    Finally fixed CTD.It was overclocked RAM with XMP enabled.Put back to AUTO in BIOS,game stable running.But memory dropped to default 2133Mhz:(((Looks like That game not friendly with OC memory.
    Gland it works with you, My whole system is OC, including Ram I do not have this problem. 
    Overclocks are never a problem. The problem is if overclocks become unstable while playing BFV. If BFV affects systems in a special way compared to other games then I think that deserves to be looked into.

    g0merpile said:
    However I do have a 1350 watt PSU powering this system
    The size of your power supply does not make overclocks better or more stable as long as it provides enough power to your system. What systems, including overclocked systems, want is stable/clean and accurate power with little noise. Power output does not equal stability. A 1350 watt PSU would be pointless for most people - it would actually be plenty to run two 2080ti systems.

    g0merpile said:
    Second, if your ram is 2133 that ram is the worst speed you could use. I only use 3600 samsung memory high quality. That is the difference between stable system. Never cheap out on memory.
    No, slower than 2133 would be worse...
    People use non-Samsung memory of all kinds of speeds and that's just fine and stable, most people don't overclock their memory outside of what is automatically done by XMP and as long as you make sure your memory is validated for your motherboard memory chip brands should not matter. No reason to be a fanboy of a specific brand, if you manually overclock memory some chips can be better than others but considering Micron currently holds the overclocking record for DDR4 I don't see any reason to blindly recommend Samsung chips on the memory. Good memory is good, pricey memory is not necessarily good.

    Its not a fan boy it experience using memory, I have used all sorts of memory in the past, I found that samsung to work best for my setups, I did use kingston and a few others and had issues with ocing. That is why I am using that memory. If I had issues with that memory I'd be using something different. POWER I needed a bigger PSU, I use to run 3 and 4 way sli in the past, hardware fanboy if U say, I currently run 3 1080gtx, my old 750 did not do the job, shutdowns all the time, Log files in even viewer was power. Got the 1350 since then not one issue.
    Almost forgot to mention was a kijiji find 80 box included, hard to say no if you need one.

    Over the past several weeks, hardcore overclockers have broken the memory frequency record several times, and as I've said before, it's only a matter of time before someone hits 6GHz. Renowned overclocker Toppc has come the closest, using a kit of G.Skill Trident Z Royal memory.

    Hardware fanboy yes, style and maker dont matter as long as it performance does what I want it to do. End result is I do not get stutters or ctd cause from low quality hardware

  • SdKdoVRIL1919
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    point is when the game runs with dx11 but crashes with dx12, thats the programmers fault then who produced flawed code.
  • g0merpile
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    point is when the game runs with dx11 but crashes with dx12, thats the programmers fault then who produced flawed code.

    True however MS is also to blame for that bad dx12 performance, and that meltdown patch, spectre
  • Carbonic
    1570 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    g0merpile said:
    Its not a fan boy it experience using memory, I have used all sorts of memory in the past, I found that samsung to work best for my setups, I did use kingston and a few others and had issues with ocing. That is why I am using that memory. If I had issues with that memory I'd be using something different. POWER I needed a bigger PSU, I use to run 3 and 4 way sli in the past, hardware fanboy if U say, I currently run 3 1080gtx, my old 750 did not do the job, shutdowns all the time, Log files in even viewer was power. Got the 1350 since then not one issue.
    Almost forgot to mention was a kijiji find 80 box included, hard to say no if you need one.

    Over the past several weeks, hardcore overclockers have broken the memory frequency record several times, and as I've said before, it's only a matter of time before someone hits 6GHz. Renowned overclocker Toppc has come the closest, using a kit of G.Skill Trident Z Royal memory.

    Hardware fanboy yes, style and maker dont matter as long as it performance does what I want it to do. End result is I do not get stutters or ctd cause from low quality hardware

    Now you are just confusing yourself and everyone else. Samsung doesn't make 3600Mhz memory modules, they only make a maximum of 3200mhz and good luck finding that unless you are a system integrator. They only make the memory chips used for 3600mhz modules made by other brands like Kingston (which is what I was talking about). And yes a 750W power supplies might not run 3 x 1080ti's but neither are the other people in here and it was not the point at all, the point was that as long as you have your power usage covered you want stable power, not more. Your system is an edge case, your solutions do not carry over, 99%+ of the people in here can't use your advice to buy a 1350W power supply, they don't need memory with Samsung B-die chips for running their memory at XMP speeds.

    Also, someone already hit 6GHz memory, using Micron chips, not Samsung: https://hwbot.org/submission/4266458_ogs_memory_frequency_ddr4_sdram_3027.2_mhz
  • g0merpile
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    g0merpile said:
    Its not a fan boy it experience using memory, I have used all sorts of memory in the past, I found that samsung to work best for my setups, I did use kingston and a few others and had issues with ocing. That is why I am using that memory. If I had issues with that memory I'd be using something different. POWER I needed a bigger PSU, I use to run 3 and 4 way sli in the past, hardware fanboy if U say, I currently run 3 1080gtx, my old 750 did not do the job, shutdowns all the time, Log files in even viewer was power. Got the 1350 since then not one issue.
    Almost forgot to mention was a kijiji find 80 box included, hard to say no if you need one.

    Over the past several weeks, hardcore overclockers have broken the memory frequency record several times, and as I've said before, it's only a matter of time before someone hits 6GHz. Renowned overclocker Toppc has come the closest, using a kit of G.Skill Trident Z Royal memory.

    Hardware fanboy yes, style and maker dont matter as long as it performance does what I want it to do. End result is I do not get stutters or ctd cause from low quality hardware

    Now you are just confusing yourself and everyone else. Samsung doesn't make 3600Mhz memory modules, they only make a maximum of 3200mhz and good luck finding that unless you are a system integrator. They only make the memory chips used for 3600mhz modules made by other brands like Kingston (which is what I was talking about). And yes a 750W power supplies might not run 3 x 1080ti's but neither are the other people in here and it was not the point at all, the point was that as long as you have your power usage covered you want stable power, not more. Your system is an edge case, your solutions do not carry over, 99%+ of the people in here can't use your advice to buy a 1350W power supply, they don't need memory with Samsung B-die chips for running their memory at XMP speeds.

    Also, someone already hit 6GHz memory, using Micron chips, not Samsung: https://hwbot.org/submission/4266458_ogs_memory_frequency_ddr4_sdram_3027.2_mhz

    your wrong g-skill is samsung, I only run the best and that is my choice.
  • g0merpile
    686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic said:
    g0merpile said:
    Its not a fan boy it experience using memory, I have used all sorts of memory in the past, I found that samsung to work best for my setups, I did use kingston and a few others and had issues with ocing. That is why I am using that memory. If I had issues with that memory I'd be using something different. POWER I needed a bigger PSU, I use to run 3 and 4 way sli in the past, hardware fanboy if U say, I currently run 3 1080gtx, my old 750 did not do the job, shutdowns all the time, Log files in even viewer was power. Got the 1350 since then not one issue.
    Almost forgot to mention was a kijiji find 80 box included, hard to say no if you need one.

    Over the past several weeks, hardcore overclockers have broken the memory frequency record several times, and as I've said before, it's only a matter of time before someone hits 6GHz. Renowned overclocker Toppc has come the closest, using a kit of G.Skill Trident Z Royal memory.

    Hardware fanboy yes, style and maker dont matter as long as it performance does what I want it to do. End result is I do not get stutters or ctd cause from low quality hardware

    Now you are just confusing yourself and everyone else. Samsung doesn't make 3600Mhz memory modules, they only make a maximum of 3200mhz and good luck finding that unless you are a system integrator. They only make the memory chips used for 3600mhz modules made by other brands like Kingston (which is what I was talking about). And yes a 750W power supplies might not run 3 x 1080ti's but neither are the other people in here and it was not the point at all, the point was that as long as you have your power usage covered you want stable power, not more. Your system is an edge case, your solutions do not carry over, 99%+ of the people in here can't use your advice to buy a 1350W power supply, they don't need memory with Samsung B-die chips for running their memory at XMP speeds.

    Also, someone already hit 6GHz memory, using Micron chips, not Samsung: https://hwbot.org/submission/4266458_ogs_memory_frequency_ddr4_sdram_3027.2_mhz

    Your wrong g-skill is made by samsung. If people want PSU with 1350 they will buy it. Samsung makes the best memory there is no butts
  • Carbonic
    1570 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 3
    g0merpile said:

    Your wrong g-skill is made by samsung. Samsung makes the best memory there is no butts
    G.Skill is not made by Samsung. G.Skill and Samsung are 2 different companies.
    G.Skill buys Samsung's memory chips and uses them for their memory modules. They also buy Hynix chips so if you buy G.Skill you might not even get a single component made by Samsung.
    Samsung's  B-Die is generally considered good, but they also have a D, E, and S-Die that some consider less good - your unnuanced approach towards Samsung as a brand points towards fanboyism and that's my opinion on that. If someone with 4000MHz Micron E-Die memory appeared I would not claim they had worse memory than me even though my memory is using Samsung B-Die.

    g0merpile said:
    If people want PSU with 1350 they will buy it. 
    If people want X product and have money for X product they can buy X product. This is however not an argument for or against if they should buy X product.
    If an unstable system get enough stable power for what it's trying to do, a PSU that can provide more power is not going to help. It's kind of like how a working phone doesn't work better if you install 2 batteries in it instead of one, you, however, just have enough batteries to run 2 phones.
  • Stalinium9
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i have same problem
Sign In or Register to comment.