This Week in Battlefield V

Where is the CUSTOMIZATION

Comments

• pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    With how much the community was crying about the customization`s from the first reveal trailer i bet they have removed half of what we where going to get.The community wanted rid of premium pass so we got this live service crap and now there is hardly any content and also only one new map coming soon did you guys really think Ea was going to give us the same level of content for half the price Rofl you really are all that dumb.And that`s what you get for crying lol.So glad i got this game in the bargain bin a week after launch ahahahahahahahahahah :D

You're right the removal of certain customization options since Dice made that public statement about "toning it down" before launch.

A little flawed there in your logic about EA's apprehension towards content for half the price, then follow it up with how the game did just that, drop to 50% a week later. What would have stopped them from selling Premium for just as cheap, or even cheaper around the same time period? Would that have degraded the content if they did?

As far as I can tell, it's difficult to call Live Service a complete failure since it really hasn't launched yet. If micro-transactions is dependent on the survivability of this title, guess what, micro-transactions hasn't even been implemented yet.

I'll keep beating the same drum about how the game is incomplete, and should have been delayed much longer than a month. This content drought is just fallout to that. We'll have to wait and see after Firestorm and the new roadmap shapes up to fully gauge how much of a failure the Live Service truly is.
  • shaggysk8er
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I want custom emblems back. I want to adorn my tank with anime girls again.
    Kayback wrote: »
    A live service relying on micro transactions was never going to be as good as Premium. Most people who moaned about Premium basically wanted more maps for free. If they weren't willing to pay for dlc they are unlikely to spend much if anything on cosmetics. You also have a huge number of people who were willing to buy Premium for DLC but will be unwilling to spend much if anything on cosmetics.

I'm one of those who complained about Premium and I stand by it. I NEVER felt like I got my money's worth from any DLC from Road to Rome and Secret Weapons till BF1 and I've gotten them all.

Mostly the content of such DLCs was OK but I never got to play the maps anywhere near as much as Vanilla. So you end up paying the exact same price for the DLCs, which were basically map packs with some weapons and playing said maps about 1/5th as often as Vanilla.

QQVhkX5.jpg

Little trite I know but if you only get a 25% return on a 100% reinvestment it seems like you're subsidizing Vanilla for others. I liked the BF1 method of dropping the new maps for others but it seemed (IMHO) to take too long for that to happen.

facts
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1842 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A live service relying on micro transactions was never going to be as good as Premium. Most people who moaned about Premium basically wanted more maps for free. If they weren't willing to pay for dlc they are unlikely to spend much if anything on cosmetics. You also have a huge number of people who were willing to buy Premium for DLC but will be unwilling to spend much if anything on cosmetics.

I'm one of those who complained about Premium and I stand by it. I NEVER felt like I got my money's worth from any DLC from Road to Rome and Secret Weapons till BF1 and I've gotten them all.

Mostly the content of such DLCs was OK but I never got to play the maps anywhere near as much as Vanilla. So you end up paying the exact same price for the DLCs, which were basically map packs with some weapons and playing said maps about 1/5th as often as Vanilla.

QQVhkX5.jpg

Little trite I know but if you only get a 25% return on a 100% reinvestment it seems like you're subsidizing Vanilla for others. I liked the BF1 method of dropping the new maps for others but it seemed (IMHO) to take too long for that to happen.

facts

And for players who didnt buy premium then you will have little to moan about if the live service provides little extra content. Even if you get one more map and 1 more gun over the (completed- bfv is far from it) base game, you have got more than you paid for. However for those players who were happy to have bought Premium for that extra content (usually roughly another games worth of maps/guns and support etc for less than the price of a full new game) then they are going to be disappointed in the lack of extra content to keep the game fresh that they usually get - though obviously paid for.
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Wish more stuff in the armory and need tank customization
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How long do we have to stare at "coming soon" in the vehicle loadout sections?

such an disappointing approach from DICE
  • SupremeAzsoul
    332 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 7
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    TheGM86 wrote: »
    I just want the goddamn prosthetic.
    2358267-hitler_wolfenstein_3d.jpg
    I want a mech suit.

100% not authentic to the time period.

Authentic to the time period > historically accurate

So things that are authentic to a specific time period are the same as historical accuracy?

DICE's interpretation of "historical accuracy" is that lots of women fought at the front lines in WWII, Is that really "authentic" to that time period?

But then again, You are of the opinion that this game isn't political in the slightest.
    All this diversity and censoring of certain words and symbols isn't political at all, Noo.. LOL.

I’ll never buy another battlefield game again. Been playing since 1942.

Used to be my favorite franchise. The epic ness of all the games, the vehicle combat, the squad play.. thats what drew me in.
    Every title takes away from the core values more and more.

They pander to the casual so much, they try to compete against call of duty with yearly releases, they pander to SJWs and say say F you to the long time fans.

EA is a bad soulless company. They use to make games that were fun to play. Now they make trash.

Aww. Someone is still upset because she thinks this game is political.
  • shaggysk8er
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

QQVhkX5.jpg

facts

And for players who didnt buy premium then you will have little to moan about if the live service provides little extra content. Even if you get one more map and 1 more gun over the (completed- bfv is far from it) base game, you have got more than you paid for. However for those players who were happy to have bought Premium for that extra content (usually roughly another games worth of maps/guns and support etc for less than the price of a full new game) then they are going to be disappointed in the lack of extra content to keep the game fresh that they usually get - though obviously paid for.

Hammered it down right there man. As someone who has been with BF for a while im disappointed in the amount of content given as compared to the past the content given to premium players
  • Toxic_CA
    868 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    We probably would have gotten all the silly stuff with release had it not been for the backlash after the reveal event. Once the shop hits we will see most of it coming back, too. There are already official pics floating around of legendary soldier skins and some of the new weapon skins: Namely "Denison" and "Peacekeepers" that both look much better and different than anything we have now, and that will most likely be sold for real money and not obtainable via CC.
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    We probably would have gotten all the silly stuff with release had it not been for the backlash after the reveal event. Once the shop hits we will see most of it coming back, too. There are already official pics floating around of legendary soldier skins and some of the new weapon skins: Namely "Denison" and "Peacekeepers" that both look much better and different than anything we have now, and that will most likely be sold for real money and not obtainable via CC.

They should have showcased better options TBH
  • ragnarok013
    3228 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

@DK_Bastian2 You can already purchase tank camos via the tank customization tab, but nothing so grand like the Last Tiger skin, just paint.
  • someguy12121
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It

QQVhkX5.jpg

It really depends on how much you play the game. Every Battlefield game since Bad Company 2 Ive logged more than 1k hours of game time and to me I get my moneys worth as I am playing ALOT, but for others who don't play anywhere near as much I can understand.
  • shaggysk8er
    I just want the ability to customize my emblem for the clan and all the other people should have this option. Its been an option for soo long on other bf's why change it?
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ya, i was very underwhelmed at the level of customization available in game, considering this is supposed to be from AAA DEV's in a game they have basically had many years prior experience in developing ( read: game is pretty similar to its predecessors- same engine etc) Especially since, you know its like 2019 now.

I was expecting real upgrades, not just a drop down list that you select from.

The paint schemes seem very weak in application. I cannot stand how 'thin' the predator camo looks for example. Not to mention that there really aren't that many to choose from, or the fact that some are locked to one type. ie gold camo locked to iron type sight, can't apply it to 3x scope.
  • DK_Bastian2
    136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

@DK_Bastian2 You can already purchase tank camos via the tank customization tab, but nothing so grand like the Last Tiger skin, just paint.

I am speaking of the body customization, which they removed from the release, it says in the customization (Camo, Body) and the body is yet there, and no news about it since the pre-release....
  • Tr3nchdog
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bet loads of customization items will appear as soon as Dice adds premium currency.

I bet you 1000 premium coin , that u just hit it. It will all drop on the 25 th
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I am speaking of the body customization, which they removed from the release, it says in the customization (Camo, Body) and the body is yet there, and no news about it since the pre-release....

"coming soon"
  • Marcusspinner
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Cosmetics is for girls :lol: so I won´t be spending my money on microtansactions but more maps, vehicle and weapons I would spend full price as the game suppose to be :)
  • GeneralXIV
    238 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be nice to have more cosmetics imo, and hair. I really want hair. :'(
  • DK_Bastian2

"coming soon"
    Will be in theaters the xx date 20xx :(((

• someguy12121
    467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Still in BF1
  • shaggysk8er
    Bump!