Do you think Dice thinks this game is in a polish and stable state?

mattd3162014
313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Just curious for other peoples opinions i feel the game needs a lot more bug fixes and the graphical errors like the wire mesh and minecraft trees or giant black boxes floating through the sky on twisted steel show the state some of the game is still in.I still feel this game is not really out of beta.

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's in a better state than bf4 was at this stage of its life.
  • rifle77
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You're excusing the poor state of BFV by saying that another game that we paid for, BF4, was in a worse state at this point. You realize both are bad things, right? "Your honor, I only killed 1 person, but Bob killed two people so he's the real bad guy!".
  • barnesalmighty2
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    rifle77 wrote: »

You're excusing the poor state of BFV by saying that another game that we paid for, BF4, was in a worse state at this point. You realize both are bad things, right? "Your honor, I only killed 1 person, but Bob killed two people so he's the real bad guy!".

I never said that. Don't read between the lines what isn't there. It is in a better state than bf4 was at this stage. What you're talking about is a whole other conversation.
  • rifle77
    104 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I never said that. Don't read between the lines what isn't there. It is in a better state than bf4 was at this stage. What you're talking about is a whole other conversation.

You must be a joy to talk to in real life with all the non-answers. "Do you like pineapple?" "I like it more than pears!". This is why reading comprehension is important, as is answering things clearly when asked instead of with a riddle.
  • CH1R0N83
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not if they’ve bothered to play it they won’t.
  • -SHADOW2KK-
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same as in every single BF game, takes months to get optimised and polished.
  • MarxistDictator
    5340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    Without that coerced support for premium I doubt it. This is a failed experiment for them and one they'll no doubt come no where close to for the next game. In the meantime it looks like they plan on doing as little as possible, so needed change ups to the gameplay are unlikely.

Bring on the next game, there's nothing worthwhile with this one.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, I don't think they do, considering they're actively trying to get rid of bugs and glitches.
    The thing is, should they prioritise bug fixes or new content? Because I think whatever they do they'll get flak for it - if they mainly focus on new content, then people are annoyed that they haven't fixed whatever bug, but if they mainly focus on bug fixes, then people are annoyed that whichever map/faction/weapon etc hasn't been added. Try to find a 50/50 balance? You annoy people on both sides, because there's in their eyes not enough new content or bug fixes.
    This is why I'd hate to be a game developer - no matter what you do, there's always going to be someone who doesn't like it, and likely that person is going to be pretty vocal about it.