Firestorm is looking pretty awesome

14567810»

Comments

• CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Just had one round, came 10th and died due to my own stupidity. Hands down one of the most unique battlefield experiences I've ever had. I love this and I usually hate battle royale.

If you like battlefield but not BR, give it a go, it's surprisingly good.

Will give it a try today, mostly because I read a lot about a lot better Audio (footsteps), Visibility, controls, etc ... than in the main game.

Seems like they DID do polish and QA work on Firestorm ...

The foot steps are very crisp and clean sounding in Firestorm. Played two rounds so far and was the first to die in my first round...Lol but made it to 6 in the second. So far I like it.
  • SirTerrible
    1584 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    The bullet spongeyness ruins the gunplay imo.

Depends really. The **** TTK of BFV would never work in Firestorm. If they did increase TTK then good on them. Apex would be a really bad game with low TTK and most people would not survive the beginning drop.

You can have like 250 hp or whatever it is. Definitely makes rushing viable but anything CQC is clunky as heck with this TTK imo. Dunno, maybe a high TTK like this is needed for squads. I have only played solo so far.
  • NLBartmaN
    2964 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The foot steps are very crisp and clean sounding in Firestorm. Played two rounds so far and was the first to die in my first round...Lol but made it to 6 in the second. So far I like it.

It almost sounds like all of the resources, knowledge, inspiration, motivation and budget went into BR and not into the main game ... almost ...

So you will basically have to play BR to have a (almost) bugfree and normal working fun BF game ...
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

It almost sounds like all of the resources, knowledge, inspiration, motivation and budget went into BR and not into the main game ... almost ...

So you will basically have to play BR to have a (almost) bugfree and normal working fun BF game ...

"BR" and "normal working BF game"

sorry but that's a contradiction in itself !
  • NLBartmaN
    2964 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »
    "BR" and "normal working BF game"

sorry but that's a contradiction in itself !

I agree, should have left out the BF part ;)
  • Tullzter
    1057 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it's an okay game but definitely not a redeemer to the faulty base game...it's just a mediocre battle royale
  • xKusagamix
    880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »
    it's an okay game but definitely not a redeemer to the faulty base game...it's just a mediocre battle royale
    It's to attracting more sales, 'though i love BFV but it's the truth, LOL.
  • R1VERDAN
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This mode is fun as hell!!! my 2 cents.
  • ElliotLH
    7327 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 25
    Only played one match so far but it was alright (made it to the last 8 before being gang-slapped by a trio lol). Not being able to drive a tank out of the bunker I found was a bit of a fail though.

*EDIT: https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/elliotcw/video/71852458
    Post edited by ElliotLH on
  • Tullzter
    1057 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    R1VERDAN wrote: »
    This mode is fun as hell!!! my 2 cents.

2 cents, exactly how much this mode is worth
  • ArthurFlange23
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have played multiple games of solo and squad... and think the only things missing are Duo Mode and more players. Sixty four players is okay, but one hundred would be way (way!) better.

The map is absolutely huge (and quite brilliantly designed, IMHO) so that makes Solo mode less appealing as it can be a be of a schlep before you encounter an enemy.

I think someone mentioned that Duo Mode would be added, but only temporarily? What method is there in that madness?

TTK/TTD is just about perfect though, and anyone moaning about the weapons/collectibles can just **** right off - the pick up system works well, there is a great range of weapons and gadgets and, all in all, I think they've pulled a rabbit out of the bag here.

Let the hating commence!
  • MAJWolfcookies
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Needs more polish. But it’s too late at this point. They would’ve been better off releasing it separately and making it free...
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have played multiple games of solo and squad... and think the only things missing are Duo Mode and more players. Sixty four players is okay, but one hundred would be way (way!) better.

The map is absolutely huge (and quite brilliantly designed, IMHO) so that makes Solo mode less appealing as it can be a be of a schlep before you encounter an enemy.

I think someone mentioned that Duo Mode would be added, but only temporarily? What method is there in that madness?

TTK/TTD is just about perfect though, and anyone moaning about the weapons/collectibles can just **** right off - the pick up system works well, there is a great range of weapons and gadgets and, all in all, I think they've pulled a rabbit out of the bag here.

Let the hating commence!

A rabbit out of the bag? The numbers for this game are horrible lol. There is no bag to pull a rabbit from. It's basically dead at this point.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Needs more polish. But it’s too late at this point. They would’ve been better off releasing it separately and making it free...

I assume maybe they will still do that. I see no reason at all why anybody is going to reinstall a full game to play this one mode when better F2P games already exist.
  • Trokey66
    8075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »

Let the hating commence!

A rabbit out of the bag? The numbers for this game are horrible lol. There is no bag to pull a rabbit from. It's basically dead at this point.

You seem to be spamming this all over at the minute, I assume you have some solid, non anecdotal, statistical evidence to support it.