Firestorm is looking pretty awesome

Comments

• JamieCurnock
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    I see the forum is full of positive minded people again. What a joy these 'discussions' are.

You sound like one of the Owners of a " Kitchen Nightmare " Episode:
    " We have no Costumers and lose 5k every month, we need help "
    Gordon Ramsay: " Your Food sucks and the Restaurant looks hideous "
    " No no our Food is good. I think Gordon is too negative, i dont need that attitude "

Cool cool. So that first first line about positive minded people, that was drenched in sarcasm, obviously a bit too subtle, sometimes hard to convey over text.

Anyway, shall we get back to the discussion or just keep it to analogies that don't work?

I'm interested to see how tanks will work. They may be powerful but will be like a beacon of sound broadcasting your position. Thoughts?
    What are your thoughts on the look of the map?
    What about helicopters or ttk etc.

These are potentially all good discussions we 'could' have or we go back to "boringfield 5" & "I'm leaving camperfield 5" posts.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wow, from everything that I have been seeing on Twitter and Redit, Firestorm is looking to be better then I anticipated. I wish that Dice would drop us a proper trailer already, I'm getting hyped!

No trailers. Show the gameplay to it's entirety. No gimmicks. As of right now I think it's looking stale. Doesn't seem to have that unique factor to keep players wanting to come back but I hope I'm wrong.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I see the forum is full of positive minded people again. What a joy these 'discussions' are.

Well if DICE cant get the basics of the coregame right, it sure wont be right in any BR expansion.

Dice didn't make the brr. Criterion games did. So there's a chance it can play better than the base game
  • JamieCurnock
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well if DICE cant get the basics of the coregame right, it sure wont be right in any BR expansion.

Yeah that's a pretty fair comment. I think they have things like movement, aiming, feel of the guns etc sorted. Aside from the obvious bugs (e.g. epilepsy inducing strobe light/flashing screen bug) they need to get the hacking under control otherwise Firestorm could be a nightmare on PC.
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »

Dice didn't make the brr. Criterion games did. So there's a chance it can play better than the base game

I don't think that would necessarily be a good thing, it would kind of make dice look a little pathetic if that turns out to be the case.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I don't think that would necessarily be a good thing, it would kind of make dice look a little pathetic if that turns out to be the case.

Why is that? Criterion had one mode to focus on instead of multiple MP modes, co-op, and single player. Plus Criterion had extra time to work on it where Dice had a deadline to meet.
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Why is that? Criterion had one mode to focus on instead of multiple MP modes, co-op, and single player. Plus Criterion had extra time to work on it where Dice had a deadline to meet.

It would definitely show that DICE have lost their touch if someone else can make Battlefield actually feel like Battlefield again and it not actually being DICE making that happen, there would definitely be an uproar to give criterion the reins for BFV possibly if they can actually make the gameplay better than DICE can, even though it's just a new gamemode all of the weapons and vehicles are there along with some new ones.

None of what you said even matters though to EA you should know that very well already.

Anthem has probably put Bioware on the chopping block, I don't think DICE could survive another BFV scenario with how things are going so far, idk maybe it would be better if another DEV had their hand at Battlefield CoD does it and the games are pretty different for the most part.
  • dayglowfroggy
    469 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Br not my cup of tea but I am excited to try it and think it could be very good for bf5 in general.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've learned enough the past couple of launches to not put much into a trailer. after all, BF 5 is the "biggest Battlefield game ever" in marketing promo.
  • TamKingski
    1742 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely looks interesting,but probably wont be my cup of tea. With the current netcode/servers only those whos ping sits inside the lag compensated sweet spot bubble will be able to have fun,lets not forget the no recoil script users currently cheating their backsides off on console.
    Well sounds nice and all but in the end the cheaters win, so what's the point? :trollface:

I'm on console, no need to worry about cheaters.

I wouldnt be so sure about that.
    theres an 3rd party adaptor for consoles that allows for no recoil and max rof scripts to run on consoles,so consoles have lost the no cheaters bragging rights imo.

This new BR mode will be the number 1 place those cheaters will hang out on consoles as theres no anti cheat system in bfv on console to detect and kick/ban these people.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

" No no our Food is good. I think Gordon is too negative, i dont need that attitude "

Cool cool. So that first first line about positive minded people, that was drenched in sarcasm, obviously a bit too subtle, sometimes hard to convey over text.

Anyway, shall we get back to the discussion or just keep it to analogies that don't work?

I'm interested to see how tanks will work. They may be powerful but will be like a beacon of sound broadcasting your position. Thoughts?

These are potentially all good discussions we 'could' have or we go back to "boringfield 5" & "I'm leaving camperfield 5" posts.

You want to discuss a Zombie body ? Fine!
    But with what ? A Trailer that is for sure misleading as every Trailer ?
    Why should i care about Tanks in this mode when they still cant fix the bug that they move around when they supposed to stand still ?
    Why care when getting a Tiger would mean instant death while getting a Valentine would mean almost instant win ?
    Dice cant even create a good Rush mode any more and being it Criterion or not, Battlefield was never about Battle Royal.
    Let it this Game series die or at least give it into the Hands of people who are capable of creating a Shooter and arent seeing themselves as a social-political NGO instead a Developer.
    And than! i am willing to discuss the Game.
  • Pelliy

all I'm saying there's a chance the game could be good because Criterion Games made the BR. The gamemode doesn't look impressive to me. It looks like it would get stale after the novelty wore off. The world doesn't seem to be alive if you know what I mean. it looks like current bfv on a bigger map. That's all. I hope it's good though.
  • JamieCurnock

You want to discuss a Zombie body ? Fine!
    But with what ? A Trailer that is for sure misleading as every Trailer ?
    Why should i care about Tanks in this mode when they still cant fix the bug that they move around when they supposed to stand still ?
    Why care when getting a Tiger would mean instant death while getting a Valentine would mean almost instant win ?
    Dice cant even create a good Rush mode any more and being it Criterion or not, Battlefield was never about Battle Royal.
    Let it this Game series die or at least give it into the Hands of people who are capable of creating a Shooter and arent seeing themselves as a social-political NGO instead a Developer.
    And than! i am willing to discuss the Game.

A zombie body? Not sure what you mean.

I don't work for dice, I obviously can't fix those problems.

If those problems need to be fixed before you will even discuss the game then probably not worth continuing with this conversation.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well after regularly playing with two others in Apex, that game is simply a lot more fun. But only in premades. Single player in Apex is garbage, but that is why you find people to play with. Can't say the same for this game. Almost no public mics, no communication, et cetera.
  • JamieCurnock
    I really hope they can divide up the Firestorm map into smaller multiplayer maps. It's probably unlikely but they have potentially a whole bunch of maps they could adapt for multiplayer. Probably wishful thinking though!
  • TheyHaveScissors
    640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Khronikos wrote: »
    Well after regularly playing with two others in Apex, that game is simply a lot more fun. But only in premades. Single player in Apex is garbage, but that is why you find people to play with. Can't say the same for this game. Almost no public mics, no communication, et cetera.

I really like the long TTD in Apex. Gives players much more possibilities for tactics, also less camping.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It looks cool in the video but I'm not a fan of last man standing type of games. With the insta-deaths and long loading times in BFV, I'm not sure how much fun can be had. We'll see...
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lowered expectations lol, just a reminder. This game mode was included with your purchase, and you are having to rely on leaked footage for info.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really hope they can divide up the Firestorm map into smaller multiplayer maps. It's probably unlikely but they have potentially a whole bunch of maps they could adapt for multiplayer. Probably wishful thinking though!

I think at some point they'll try and split it up into at least one MP map, perhaps two. At the very least re-use some assets.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 9
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    I see it getting old very fast since it seems to be filled with all of the same weapons we already have for months now, a bit odd to add helicopters and whatever that mini gunboat is too.

Surprised they didn't add legendary guns since it's common, rare, and epic.

Anything else you wanna complain about?
    People like you make me sleepy.

Yeah, what about more maps and modes? Naval battles?Air combat? More nations and weapons? More interesting maps? What about idea that people should get the higher standarts for the game?

This BR not going work with such TTD. And looks really wrong to see such thing in the BF.

I guess people who think BFV has a fast TTK haven’t played PUBG? Because that’s BR and has much faster TTK.