Firestorm is looking pretty awesome

Comments

• CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    I see it getting old very fast since it seems to be filled with all of the same weapons we already have for months now, a bit odd to add helicopters and whatever that mini gunboat is too.

Surprised they didn't add legendary guns since it's common, rare, and epic.

Anything else you wanna complain about?
    People like you make me sleepy.

Yeah, what about more maps and modes? Naval battles?Air combat? More nations and weapons? More interesting maps? What about idea that people should get the higher standarts for the game?

This BR not going work with such TTD. And looks really wrong to see such thing in the BF.

I guess people who think BFV has a fast TTK haven’t played PUBG? Because that’s BR and has much faster TTK.

Yeh I know, you can melt people at medium range with any of the assault rifles in PUBG. A couple of quick burst's and their down.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Looks to me Dice just ran out of ideas.
  • Granatenmaxe
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So you die and have to wait for the others to finish the round? Seems really boring. They should have respwans in this mode. Let it develop from large scale open warfare to close quarters towards the end when it gets crowded.
  • Trokey66
    8075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So you die and have to wait for the others to finish the round? Seems really boring. They should have respwans in this mode. Let it develop from large scale open warfare to close quarters towards the end when it gets crowded.

Nevermind.......
  • Pelliy
    2089 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Might as well play the core mp then.

I'm guessing is their logic
  • StormSaxon
    502 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like a boattle Royale mode to me.
    I.E. not fun.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Combined Arms and Test Range looked awesome as well. I'll withhold the celebration for a mode that was included since launch yet still not available and little info surrounding it.
  • azelenkin0306
    542 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The more i live the more i realize how different people are. What looks completely generic and unnecessary to you looks promising to someone else

IMHO looks like **** and another checkbox in the Excel list called “MP shooter in the late 2010s”
  • disposalist
    8341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I like BF1. It's also a completely different Battlefield-based game. Will there be a separate Firestorm forum like for BF1?
  • Granatenmaxe
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They could just sell BF firestorm as separate game for $60.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    I see it getting old very fast since it seems to be filled with all of the same weapons we already have for months now, a bit odd to add helicopters and whatever that mini gunboat is too.

Surprised they didn't add legendary guns since it's common, rare, and epic.

Anything else you wanna complain about?
    People like you make me sleepy.

Yeah, what about more maps and modes? Naval battles?Air combat? More nations and weapons? More interesting maps? What about idea that people should get the higher standarts for the game?

This BR not going work with such TTD. And looks really wrong to see such thing in the BF.

I guess people who think BFV has a fast TTK haven’t played PUBG? Because that’s BR and has much faster TTK.

The TTD of pubg is much higher than that of BFV. AT least it gives players time to react, if the netcode is working smooth for once. Plus all the guns require alot more of control (looking at you, laser accuracy almost no recoil no sway semi-auto and auto assault BF5 weapons).
    Post edited by TheyHaveScissors on
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I like BF1. It's also a completely different Battlefield-based game. Will there be a separate Firestorm forum like for BF1?

Good question. Being that Battle Royale has now become so popular, and no longer looks like just a passing fad, it could almost be considered a new genre. One would think that EA would create a new forum exclusively for firestorm, but who knows.... EA doesn't share much with it's customers, everything is always....TOP SECRET for some stupid reason.
  • disposalist
    8341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good question. Being that Battle Royale has now become so popular, and no longer looks like just a passing fad, it could almost be considered a new genre. One would think that EA would create a new forum exclusively for firestorm, but who knows.... EA doesn't share much with it's customers, everything is always....TOP SECRET for some stupid reason.
    My comment was slightly facetious, but from what I've seen so far, Firestorm is utterly different and comments made about "Battlefield" if you were actually talking about Firestorm would just be irrelevant it's so different. It is not just another mode. It's a different game as much as Incursions was (and may fail just as hard hehe).
  • Pelliy
    2089 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I only see that happening if it gets super popular. We're talking at least 100k online per night. I don't see that happpening. I see it being fun for the first month or so, then people will remember, the guns are bfv and everything else will remind them of bfv so they will move on to play something else. I think if it was bf1 BR, who knows..I think it might have more playability lol
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Admit it, you liked wearing the turban and carrying crutches on your back.
  • disposalist
    Pelliy wrote: »
    I only see that happening if it gets super popular. We're talking at least 100k online per night. I don't see that happpening. I see it being fun for the first month or so, then people will remember, the guns are bfv and everything else will remind them of bfv so they will move on to play something else. I think if it was bf1 BR, who knows..I think it might have more playability lol
    The more I think about the design choices in BF5 the more it seems that it always had BR in mind. I'm prejudiced though. I don't like BF5 and I don't like BR. They might actually work very well together (better than conquest, etc does anyway).
  • disposalist
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Admit it, you liked wearing the turban and carrying crutches on your back.
    I like almost everything about BF1. Even more so since BF5 came along.
  • DigitalHype
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The more I think about the design choices in BF5 the more it seems that it always had BR in mind. I'm prejudiced though. I don't like BF5 and I don't like BR. They might actually work very well together (better than conquest, etc does anyway).

Agreed. Been saying this for awhile, myself. This game suffers from an identity crisis. So much points to BR mode as an orignal focus. I think they changed directions somewhere during mid dev-cycle to try and shoehorn in the normal BF game, then oursourced the BR to Criteron. All these say BR balancing to me.

1. Reduced visbility
    2. Reduced spotting (class gadget). Flares were originally very small radius
    3. Fast TTK
    4. Reduced splash damage from armor
    5. Infantry -> Armor TTK fast. Armor -> Armor TTK slow (used to be worse)
    6. Small, 4 person squads
    7. Matchmaking focused

• Trokey66
    8075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1 Not sure.how this is a deliberate change specifically for Firestorm.

2 The 'community' wanted this irrespective of Firestorm.

3 The 'community' wanted this irrespective of Firestorm.

4 The 'community' wanted this irrespective of Firestorm although there were others that didn't.

5 Not sure how this is relevant to Firestorm but hey......

6 Anthem has 3 man squads.

7 I don't even know what this means!
  • Pelliy

The people who like BR but don't like BF5, I don't see them liking BF5 BR either. It doesn't even look better than what cod's offering if I'm being totally honest. It looks stale and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see people playing this a month after its release.