Firestorm is looking pretty awesome

Comments

• JamieCurnock
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    I like BF1. It's also a completely different Battlefield-based game. Will there be a separate Firestorm forum like for BF1?
    I only see that happening if it gets super popular. We're talking at least 100k online per night. I don't see that happpening. I see it being fun for the first month or so, then people will remember, the guns are bfv and everything else will remind them of bfv so they will move on to play something else. I think if it was bf1 BR, who knows..I think it might have more playability lol
    The more I think about the design choices in BF5 the more it seems that it always had BR in mind. I'm prejudiced though. I don't like BF5 and I don't like BR. They might actually work very well together (better than conquest, etc does anyway).

Agreed. Been saying this for awhile, myself. This game suffers from an identity crisis. So much points to BR mode as an orignal focus. I think they changed directions somewhere during mid dev-cycle to try and shoehorn in the normal BF game, then oursourced the BR to Criteron. All these say BR balancing to me.

1. Reduced visbility
    2. Reduced spotting (class gadget). Flares were originally very small radius
    3. Fast TTK
    4. Reduced splash damage from armor
    5. Infantry -> Armor TTK fast. Armor -> Armor TTK slow (used to be worse)
    6. Small, 4 person squads
    7. Matchmaking focused

I'd agree that bfv is focused on br and that's prob the reason for most changes. I think these are changes for the better anyway though so I'm glad they did it.

7. Matchmaking focused

I don't think there is any matchmaking in bfv? I may be wrong though.
  • craigerswuzhere
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely not trying to harsh your buzz, I love getting buzzed. IMHO, the vehicles will ruin this game mode. Good Chopper pilots go 80 - 0 in other BF games, so that should be fun to go against. If you like playing infantry, getting blown up by a Tank 200 meters away doesn't sound very cool either. I want it to be great. But they have had a bad habit of making the wrong choices in the decision department lately that end up hurting the game.
  • Redstripe101
    2748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So... the official Firestorm trailer is now available (see it here: )

Let me state this very clearly: I absolutely LOVE Battle Royale games. I started with PUBG, moved onto Fortnite, and now play only Apex Legends as it wee wees into the mouths of the other two games from a high, high height (and is possibly the best multi-player game ever, in any genre). But it's all subjective...

Now queue the **** and nay sayers. Come on, who wants to chip in first with their banal opinions, hate filled accusations and general negativity?

Tip #1: If you don't like Battlefield games play something else and stop moaning on the forum.
    Tip #2: If you don't enjoy Battle Royale games please don't bother to post the fact on here - nobody cares!
    Tip #3: Wait until you have played Firestorm before you deride it!

I'm really looking forward to playing it, and enjoy reading (many of) these forum posts... but, honestly, some of you are REALLY HARSHING MY BUZZ!

Thank you for reading.

I think you have the tirade part down pat. In no way will your world will ever be filled with only like minded opinions. I'm a consumer, and buying power is everything. Go look at the new feedback amd discusion posts from developers or community managers. Why do you think they are so abundant? You're welcome, I dont need to be thanked for it.
  • xKusagamix
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely not trying to harsh your buzz, I love getting buzzed. IMHO, the vehicles will ruin this game mode. Good Chopper pilots go 80 - 0 in other BF games, so that should be fun to go against. If you like playing infantry, getting blown up by a Tank 200 meters away doesn't sound very cool either. I want it to be great. But they have had a bad habit of making the wrong choices in the decision department lately that end up hurting the game.
    The chopper in that trailer is a transport chopper.
    You're in a 4 man team and that's it, there're no other teammate, that mean there're 15 other teams just waiting to blow your tank up. It work both way.
  • Redstripe101
    2748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Can't wait for the spectator mode and the abuse that is bound to happen via exploits lol.
  • ArthurFlange23
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So... the official Firestorm trailer is now available...

“I'm a consumer, and buying power is everything”.

I hear you, oh powerful one, and kneel humbly at your feet for I am but a lowly gamer who seeks only perfection.

The point I was trying (and clearly failing) to make was this: we ALL want the same thing here (ie. the perfect gaming experience) but there appears to be an unhealthy degree of disagreement over how best this end result may be arrived at.

As far as I understand it (and I can hear the trap door opening as I say this), the game creation process is iterative.

Publishers make the best games they can as it would be financial suicide to do anything else and then, if we’re lucky, they listen to our feedback and make changes which their customers have requested.

So all I was suggesting was that we may receive a warmer reception to our requests if we posit them reasonably, and that SHOUTING ABUSE at the developers may not be a winning formula?

I shall now bow out and take my leave of you, sir. Good day to you.
  • Redstripe101
    So... the official Firestorm trailer is now available...

“I'm a consumer, and buying power is everything”.

I hear you, oh powerful one, and kneel humbly at your feet for I am but a lowly gamer who seeks only perfection.

The point I was trying (and clearly failing) to make was this: we ALL want the same thing here (ie. the perfect gaming experience) but there appears to be an unhealthy degree of disagreement over how best this end result may be arrived at.

As far as I understand it (and I can hear the trap door opening as I say this), the game creation process is iterative.

Publishers make the best games they can as it would be financial suicide to do anything else and then, if we’re lucky, they listen to our feedback and make changes which their customers have requested.

So all I was suggesting was that we may receive a warmer reception to our requests if we posit them reasonably, and that SHOUTING ABUSE at the developers may not be a winning formula?

I shall now bow out and take my leave of you, sir. Good day to you.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/182762/damage-models#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/181564/beta-feedback-then-and-now#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/178849/ammo-still-falls-through-floor#latest

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/181573/archer-tank-repair#latest

what shouting abuse?
  • ArthurFlange23
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

what shouting abuse?

Touche! Probably a little late to mention this, Redstripe101, but I wasn't referring to you when I made my tirade against... er, people who tirade? Oh, bum. I see what I've done there...

I appreciated your links though, all good points, and very well made. If only the entire community behaved with such dignity, grace and good humour. Onwards! Upwards!
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The TTK and Battle Royale = disaster. I guess there will be a new model for damage taken. Personally instant death / game over gameplay has never interested me.

It's a shame that so much money has gone in to developing Firestorm when the core game is floundering with such a lack of content.
  • DrunkwoIf
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member

Let me state this very clearly: I absolutely LOVE Battle Royale games. I started with PUBG, moved onto Fortnite, and now play only Apex Legends as it wee wees into the mouths of the other two games from a high, high height (and is possibly the best multi-player game ever, in any genre). But it's all subjective...

Now queue the **** and nay sayers. Come on, who wants to chip in first with their banal opinions, hate filled accusations and general negativity?

Tip #1: If you don't like Battlefield games play something else and stop moaning on the forum.
    Tip #2: If you don't enjoy Battle Royale games please don't bother to post the fact on here - nobody cares!

I'm really looking forward to playing it, and enjoy reading (many of) these forum posts... but, honestly, some of you are REALLY HARSHING MY BUZZ!

Thank you for reading.

Let me state this very clearly: I absolutely HATE battle royale games. and it sickens me that a once proud franchise like battlefield has fallen this far. now not only are the normal BF games trash but now we are getting gimmic game modes. when the devs can be working on fixing the damn game instead of this crap.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11302 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DrunkwoIf wrote: »

Thank you for reading.

Let me state this very clearly: I absolutely HATE battle royale games. and it sickens me that a once proud franchise like battlefield has fallen this far. now not only are the normal BF games trash but now we are getting gimmic game modes. when the devs can be working on fixing the damn game instead of this crap.
    Key word is “I”

Also, I’m sure you know that firestorm isn’t developed by dice?
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Thank you for reading.

Key word is “I”

Also, I’m sure you know that firestorm isn’t developed by dice?

That's real dumb to think that they have nothing to do with it at all, or it's just being extremely naive.

Just because it's being developed by someone else means DICE has nothing to do with it? Ever heard of joint effort, I would think EA has them both working on it to get it out asap, no matter what DICE poster boys say I find it hard to believe that they have nothing to do with it like you and others act like.
  • doctorrocktor
    1876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thank you for reading.

You don't have to play it simple as that.
  • Redstripe101

Thank you for reading.

Well you do if you want content, hence the gripe about Squad Conquest bs. Players didnt want to play, players that did didnt want the ones who didnt. I literally sat in spawn and did house stuff for 3 matches for assignment tick. So yea, I wont play lol. And if I have to for content, then I will be obnoxious until I get the assignment tick. Win/win
  • KPNuts74
    637 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It looks fantastic- can’t wait!
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    still looks like a waste of time like all br modes.
  • Trokey66
    8640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Thank you for reading.

Well you do if you want content, hence the gripe about Squad Conquest bs. Players didnt want to play, players that did didnt want the ones who didnt. I literally sat in spawn and did house stuff for 3 matches for assignment tick. So yea, I wont play lol. And if I have to for content, then I will be obnoxious until I get the assignment tick. Win/win

Actually no, you definitely don't have to play it.

Assuming, it will.follow similar ToW chapters, just buy the stuff with CC after the event.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    906 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I've tried Apex and Fortnite but have never tried pubg. Not a fan at all of br games. With that said I will at least try Firestorm. Heck the Firestorm trailer made me more excited than the original bfv trailer.
  • Ceph777
    250 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I cant wait to try this, I just hope its not a total train wreck.