Don’t put sniper glint in firestorm

stringy82
20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I don’t think the sniper glint is needed in firestorm, I understand it being in regular mode otherwise everybody would be a sniper but I wouldn’t see why you would want to to use a sniper in firestorm just so you could instantly give away your position, battle royale is a different game so I don’t think snipers should be the “mobzambique” of firestorm

Comments

• MidriffUrchin0
    116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I agree op
  • ElliotLH
    8130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You know they will though :D
  • stringy82
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

If they do I’ll always use iron sights and just squint my eyes too see ppl far away or just find a semi auto rifle
  • ElliotLH
    8130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    stringy82 wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »

If they do I’ll always use iron sights and just squint my eyes too see ppl far away or just find a semi auto rifle

Joking aside they really shouldn't add glint as it'd be silly for a BR game. A semi-auto might still be the way to go though.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Glint doesn't belong in the game at all, in any game mode.

Recon is my only non lvl 20 class and I still agree with this. Since they pretty much lost allot of their lethality, I think they could at least go without scope glint.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »

Recon is my only non lvl 20 class and I still agree with this. Since they pretty much lost allot of their lethality, I think they could at least go without scope glint.

It doesn't belong because DICE removed active spotting to make players actually rely on using their eyes to find targets instead of a game mechanic telling you where the enemy is.

Scope glint is 100% contradictory to that decision.
  • Player_dhfjh4re
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well, I guess it won't be so easy to find sniper rifles fully equipped with scopes in Firestorm.
    More often then not, players may see glint but won't be able to counter the sniper's fire. So maybe, somehow, it would have more sense to have glint in Firestorm than in any other mode, from a gameplay point of view.

If you ask me, I'd remove glint at all, anyway.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Watch the kill log for awhile, look at all those guys being dropped by Recon weapons, then come back and explain again how non-lethal those weapons are. Some players don't seem to be having much trouble getting kills with Recon weapons, and I see no reason to change the game to accommodate inept players (and I'm as bad a "sniper" as ever played even though I'm not a bad Recon). Scope glint is there for a reason, and although I think it should be toned down I wouldn't take it out entirely.
  • stringy82

Watch the kill log for awhile, look at all those guys being dropped by Recon weapons, then come back and explain again how non-lethal those weapons are. Some players don't seem to be having much trouble getting kills with Recon weapons, and I see no reason to change the game to accommodate inept players (and I'm as bad a "sniper" as ever played even though I'm not a bad Recon). Scope glint is there for a reason, and although I think it should be toned down I wouldn't take it out entirely.

If I see a bolt action I’ll pick it up but the 6 times scope is an attachment and a downgrade to the weapon is what I’m saying, I’ll pick up the the rifle and not use the scope because you can still iron sight at long range and this way you don’t give your position away which is important in a battle royale game. And when I find a selbstlader 1906 with a 3 times scope you can bet I’ll trade it out for that, no glint and it’s just as good in long range if not better than bolt action. The scope is a downgrade to the bolt actions if glint is applied and the semi auto rifle are much better anyway more versatile and just as good at long range without giving away your position, the 6 times scope will turn your kar98 into a mobzambique its just not worth equipping a scope in a battle royale if it has glint
  • SirTerrible
    1686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I never see glint anyway
  • MsieurLeodagan
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    STURM_Ak1 wrote: »
    Dont put sniper rifles in Firestorm at all.

The joke, so no limit sniper in battlefield "normal" but no sniper in BR?
    If no snipers in BR, ok no problem for me so why not limit sniper in battlefield "normal" or no snipers?
  • barnesalmighty2
    1474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glint should stay but they need to make it more than just a look at me flashlight. A glint that accurately catches the light with movement. It annoys me especially on night maps snipers in the distance like street lights.

TBH though I couldn't care less if they do change it or not.
  • OldSkoolzFinest
    471 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    STURM_Ak1 wrote: »
    Dont put sniper rifles in Firestorm at all.

This