DISCUSSION: Gadgets, Equipment, and Grenades

Braddock512
1275 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited March 8
Hello Battlefield V community!

hgo6x1qa2uk21.jpg
Recon using a Spotting Scope

In Battlefield V, each class has a set of Gadgets that can enhance their effectiveness on the battlefield. From Ammo Pouches to Ammo Crates, Spotting Scopes to the indomitable Panzerfaust, the selection and usage of gadgets can lead to victory or be a factor in the agony of defeat. A proper grenade toss can clear out a house or bounce back and blow up in your face.

Since launch, we've seen various comments and threads regarding specific gadgets, equipment, & grenades - what you like, what you don't, etc. We've also seen requests for more gadgets - across all classes and class specific. Some examples below:

u/CheeringKitty67
Ammo and medic crates should operate like those in BF1. You also could put a point value on it for opposing snipers who destroy them. Also would be nice for Recon to carry an anti tank grenade as an option.

And

guitfnky
re: gadgets—what’s missing?
I don’t say this to be snarky, but content.
there’s almost no incentive to switch your gadget when you’ve only got two or three options to pick for each class. once you find something that matches your play style, you might as well forget the gadget selection screen altogether.

And

FISSIONMAILED-
How about that garrote gadget weapon that recon had available for him?

And

papree
Gadgets:
  • Limpet for Medic
  • 5-10% Vehicle Ammo resupply for Support
  • Air Radar beacon for Recon

So here we are. Let's talk about the Gadgets, Equipment, and Grenades currently in the game - what works, what doesn't, what seems superfluous. Let's also talk about gadgets you'd like to see (No laser-designation stuff, nothing post-1945, be realistic).

Keep it constructive, keep it friendly. If you disagree with someone's point, explain why and share a counterpoint.

Let's have a discussion.

Comments

• TTZ_Dipsy
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't want Medics to have grenade rifles like BF1 but they need something to be able to destroy fortifications with. Even if all classes could start dismantling them with their hammers this would be fantastic
  • Masty_spy
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 11
    We need:

1) Cooldown on throwing ammo/med pouches. Now you have MG42 throwing rate. In BF1 there is a small CD and 2 "charges" of medkit
    2) AntiTank assault should have 1 AT grenage EXTRA. not as a replacement
    3) 3 sec of increased moving speed after being revived by medic. "Adrenalin buff"
    4) Random mini crates with ammo/grenades In houses. (rare spawn)
    5) SHOW us damage/takedown radius of melee weapons. Now this information is hided. Why? I`ve tested it - same damage from bf1.
    6) We need molotov buffs. Now its not worth it
    Post edited by Masty_spy on
  • craigerswuzhere
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion, Recon should not have the spawn beacon. Most Recon play as snipers, away from the objective. And rarely do I ever see a spawn beacon in a good spot. They put them far away closet to their favorite spots, if they get spotted and die then they spawn in on the beacon back close to that same spot.
  • pagess-
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 8
    The AP mine buff wasn't needed. Some players run around without 100% HP and now the AP does 100HP kill. That should be nerfed back to the original amount of damage. They shouldn't also be stacked and near any resupply stations. In general, with the visibility issue in BFV you just cannot see an AP mine most of the time.

Spawn beacons disappear after (and not just you) it has been used several times. If there was a way to show you or your squad mates how many spawns are left to be used before it explodes or disappears that would be very helpful.

Grenade rifle adjustment was great but it still performs as the same at a longer distance of 10-15m's. The range at which these should "explode on impact" should be increased to 30m's so that players cannot use them as shotgun kills again.

The Piat and the panza. When trying to kill someone in close quarters the user takes some damage but the receiver dies? This shouldn't work like this and is abusive. If I should rocket the floor at my feet I should die right away.

The colour of mines should be adjusted to try make them stand out a bit better. Right now it's like playing minesweeper with a clunky tank.

One thing that I find weird is the AT pistol can destroy sandbags yet a one panza rocket cannot. You'd think that a rocket vs grenade towards sandbags that the rocket would come up best and the grenade shouldn't do as well?

Sniper decoys shouldn't be able to be deployed in or in front of doorways.

Not part of the discussion but the artillery reinforcement was a VERY BAD IDEA! BFV has so much improvements with the lack of mortars and grenade and explosion spams now you guys just add it back? This shouldn't have made its way back into the game.
  • Elforkedroad
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Domination - Squad leader can call in supply drops once XP hits 2000

Gadgets - I never use the frag grenade rifle because I’d lose all respect for myself

Melee - more cool knives like in BF1. Loved the French butcher knife
  • zenn_nme
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 8
    Just some thoughts I've been having about gagets;
    - Map icons for the health/ammo crates? Sometimes players just don't seem to notice the crates laying around in the haze of war.
    - Benefit of running the health crate over the health pouch? For ammo is obvious for its ability to resupply gadgets, health crate needs one otherwise it serves no purpose.
    - Equiping gadgets in other gadgets slots? Just the option of being able to do this, 'cause some players are acustomed to run certain gadgets in other slots.
    - Rifle grenade for the Medic class instead of Assault? Would give the Medic class a ranged combat option (and make the Assault less "OP").
    - Ability to use the 'standard' grenade on all classes? Fuse time is already longer by default than the impact/incendiary and would fit the classes better imho.
    - Future content ideas; the Mortar (stationary weapon perhaps to reduce spam?), the Bazooka, the Bangalore, the Fliergerfaust, the Panzerschreck (heavier Panzerfaust).
  • maskedocelot
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Some1's suggestion from elsewhere.... AT mines should have a short fortification build time after laying. So you lay the mine it's greyed out and can then be built with the wrench. Instead of people running up behind a tank and laying them in seconds and blowing them up with an impact grenade, you would hopefully have to use them in a more pre-emptive way.
  • zenn_nme
    800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some1's suggestion from elsewhere.... AT mines should have a short fortification build time after laying. So you lay the mine it's greyed out and can then be built with the wrench. Instead of people running up behind a tank and laying them in seconds and blowing them up with an impact grenade, you would hopefully have to use them in a more pre-emptive way.

Would make sense though; irl you'd have to prime them before coming operable.
    Come to think of it, the 'Repair Tool' could serve some more functions in game besides repairing/building; as in the case above as priming gadget. Maybe it could also serve as 'Damaging Tool'. Such as 'wire cutters' against barbwire fortifications or as a 'pickaxe' against sandbag fortifications to take them down and also being able to do damage against enemy vehicles (as in BF1)...
  • sabootheshaman
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Recon and medic need something explosive for tanks and fortifications.

Medic should have an adrenaline boost.

Recon could use a mine that triggers a spotting flare and an alert for his squad.

Medic box should just do area of effect but slow.

I’d love to see a booby trap that causes a slow bleed out or a 3D spotting issue for the person it hits.

Please no mortars or indirect kill weapons.

Please leave the Grenades at 1.

Recon possibly needs dynamite.

Assault is probably fine as well as support.
  • DogRoyal
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Give Recon TNT as they desperately need some kind of vehicle counter. They had TNT in previous titles and it worked great especially in conquest.

Take away TNT from assault and give them a couple more rockets/piats. Assault is very powerfull compared to the other classes also.

Ablity to cook grenades could be great.

The artillery charge is a bad idea. The explosive spam of BF1 should NOT come back. It is very annoying.

• sabootheshaman
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have the mortar as a fortification that only supports can build with sandbags around it.I would like to see supports being able to build pill boxes.panzershreck has to come into the game.
    I like this idea as then it can be maybe only in specific locations
  • sabootheshaman
    May I suggest handing the Rifle Grenade Launcher to Medic, Sticky Dynamite to Recon, and then making Spawn beacon a cheap reinforcement for all squad leaders? This will be reminiscent to the loadout of Battlefield 2142 classes

I actually was thinking a better option would be an air drop of your troops as a squad unlock. So like you could pick certain parts of the map to air drop in. It’s timed opening so your squad has other flank options. Would be great in bad weather as people wouldn’t see you coming. It’s only open for a minute so you’d only get a short time to use it.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EpicName wrote: »
    Id love to see the support get a mortar gadget

With different mechanics, I shouldn't be able to land a shell directly into a soldier's lap. It should be inaccurate to a degree. And not show the flight of the shell.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The game definitely needs more gadgets as 4-5 per class is a bit underwhelming.
    Also, gadgets shouldn't be tied to specific slot so players can combine any loadout they want like in previous bf games. I have no idea why it was changed here but the change wasn't needed at all.