Smoke Barrage Dissipation

Bheid
40 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I think the smoke barrage dissipates too fast. While the area coverage is great it doesn't last long enough to be fully utilized.

I'm a big fan of smoke cover in this game and I think the barrage should last about a third longer than it does.

It has drastically changed my opinion of Hamada and Panzerstorm as an infantry and with a bit more tweaking could really put the intensity back into battlefield.

Comments

• Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not going to lie, I don't really know how long it lasts - it seems people tend to skip out the smokes for the regular artillery, which create a very chaotic environment anyway, and do a pretty good job of obscuring enemy view anyway, plus there's the obvious bonus of getting damage and kills. But I guess make the smokes last longer - I haven't noticed them being obnoxiously long or anything so they can't last too long at the moment.
  • ragnarok013
    3021 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Bheid I thought the same thing the first time that we called in smoke. My medic smoke launcher creates a better smoke screen than the arty smoke.
  • doctorrocktor
    1798 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree it needs to hang around alot longer.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the medic smoke launcher should last a little longer or turn into a mild fog as well.
  • Trokey66
    8240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    @Bheid I thought the same thing the first time that we called in smoke. My medic smoke launcher creates a better smoke screen than the arty smoke.

For a barrage, I expected it to be more dense and persistent to be honest.

I agree, a Medic with 3 smokes can do just as good a job which can make the smoke barrage somewhat redundant.