This Week in Battlefield V

The stomps in this game are getting more ridiculous by the day

Comments

• Shadow0nTh3Sun
    119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    A Stomp is just a Dance .
    Sometimes you're the dancer .
    Sometimes you're the floor .

Losing is for learning then - the moves AND the floor :tongue:

How do you learn this super sweet sniper dance they do?
    (from :06 to :13)
    The there is the thing I most hate when people do, it should not had been possible to move like that and being able to shoot with any accuracy

When i see that, along with 99% of people using assault ezmode SLRs i just turn the game off. Ive stopped playing this game. Theres no variation in classes and weapons. Yawn

I mean-- your statistic is way off. I see a few people doing this but most scoreboards show a variety of classes.

On topic: fix the team balance ASAP.
  • LeesSummit09
    364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For me, this is the number 1 problem. You know spawning in you will be put on losing team(cause they quitting). But the imbalance is so extreme you either quit or start sniping, which just adds to the problem. I know how players choose to play determines much of this, like 1/2 team sniping, so solution is difficult. But the rare nights I am put on a good team, I stay and hope the rest stay also. Even though some games turn into a stomping, that is still more fun than being stomped. Good games, that is both teams even, are basically nonexistent.
  • RichardSinerface
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18
    Yup, this is a serious issue in BF5. But based on the fact that they need Community guidance to figure out to make Assignments changeable in game EA/Dice doesn't have the ability to tackle an issue this big. If they can't even figure out if gadgets are balanced how can they hope to balance teams??

Chalk up some of the incredible lack of balance to the uneven distribution of cheaters (too many on one team , and too few on the other equals horrid balance) and the rest up to inability to switch teams, rent servers, rank people, auto-balance between rounds.

Def not holding my breath for them to figure this one out.
  • FragbaitDax
    221 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My observations about the poor (i.e. complete lack of) balance is not player level, but comms and coordination. Put a lot of clans together, and have players using in game chat or discord and they have a massive advantage over a team of randoms. This is where the system needs work and should not be that difficult to make an adjustment.

Even if someone is a rubbish player, so long as they run with their pack they're usually going to be immortal. They might get gunned down, but then call out to their entire team "It's 2 guys to the left top floor of the barn, one prone with an MMG" so the team wipes those guys our, revives the hit guy and everyone rolls on.

Now I get that's probably the intent behind the fundamentals of this installation of the franchise, working as a platoon of squads using all the elements of Assault, Medic, Support and Recon to effectively support each other. It's a beautiful dream and a site to behold, unless you happen to be on a team that is not well coordinated through no fault of your own.

I spent half my "game time" last night either getting stomped or searching for a somewhat balanced server. That experience is not going to endear new players or casuals and will kill any growth for the game. Skilled squads should be challenged by skilled squads and lower coordination squads should be paired equally. If Dice can't do something in this space, then they may as well cease support for the game now because inevitably the player base will continue to decline to an unsustainable level.
  • SirBobdk
    4067 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is very rare that a match ends with a difference below 200-400 points and most develop into TDM.
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18
    I've been playing Rush almost exclusively since they introduced it and I have to say the balancing issues are pronounced more than ever in this mode. It's now come to the point where I will specifically remember those unicorn tight matches where we either won or lost with only seconds left, or only 2 tickets remaining etc. while vast majority of matches is really rolling or getting rolled over. I've been in matches where it starts off with 11v15 for example, and by the time it's 15v15 the last MCOMS are falling. It simply doesn't work. And for a 16v16 mode, being only 2 players short can have a huge, huge impact on how the match plays out.
    When Rush started, I was advocating sucking it up and staying in the match no matter the odds or the lack of balance, but I completely changed my mind now. I will stay in a match only if the numbers are +1 or -1. If the match opens up with a bigger difference, and stay like that after first 2 objectives are destroyed, I'm outta there. I'm just not going to waste my time having a bad experience caused by the game itself. I will endure if the problem is the players themselves, like 4 people sniping from some random roof while the enemy is destroying all objectives, but if the game can't create balanced odds, why should I be the one paying the price?
    Oh and btw, I will just as easily quit matches where my side is the one steam rolling the enemy. I mean, if it's 16v11, where's the fun in that?
  • LeesSummit09
    364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In 16 player modes, the imbalance is really exacerbated when 3(use any number above 0) players never spawn in. I have had games where the same 3 players never spawned in going into the third game, at that point I had to quit. I mean, you are already on a bad team and have only 13 guys playing vs the 16. Dice needs to figure out a way to kick players that are not playing(this was on PS4). It use to be, after about 3 minutes of being idle you were kicked, but not any more.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just a thought but part of me thinks it's time to remove clan tags from public view in-game. Players might be less likely to bail on a server without giving it a chance if it didn't have such a clear clue that 'x' number of players are clan members on either side. Ignorance is bliss and perception is everything.

There'd likely be an uproar though, peoples loves them their clan tags. ;)
  • ElliotLH
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrumbleSG9 wrote: »
    Just a thought but part of me thinks it's time to remove clan tags from public view in-game. Players might be less likely to bail on a server without giving it a chance if it didn't have such a clear clue that 'x' number of players are clan members on either side. Ignorance is bliss and perception is everything.

That's how it was in BF1 at the start.
  • disposalist
    8594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Except then people added them to their player name. Now you see people with a clan tag and the clan tag in their name hehe
  • WetFishDB
    1988 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Except then people added them to their player name. Now you see people with a clan tag and the clan tag in their name hehe

I actually think this would be a good idea in principle. Quitters because of perceived ‘balance’ are every bit as much of a problem for that balance they so desire as anything else.

I expect it would only be a much smaller minority that would bother renaming their profile for clan tags, especially on Console.

People clearly bail when they see a few random people with platoon tags as evidenced by this thread. Regardless of whether there was actually any imbalance before hand, there then would be.

By removing it, those that jump ship might at least hang around a little longer to see if they get a good game. Obviously, quitters will always be quitters, but at least it avoids them jumping out for yet another arbitrary reason.
  • AzafTazarden
    133 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    https://imgur.com/TSURJ1I

Look at the clan tags. MnV, oNIX, SNN, RG and BtK all on the same team. All of them always steamroll matches whenever they stack, every time 100% guarantee. And yet they all get "balanced" into the same team, somehow? It stayed that way for 3 matches, until I quit after being swapped to the losing team. So there is some kind of team scramble, apparently, but it doesn't do anything against clan stacking.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

So you want to hide the fact the teams are stacked?

Team stacking is really easy to do in BFV. And on public servers it is ****. If I come to a clan server I won't **** too loudly about playing against a clan, if I'm put into a random server against 3/4 of the enemy team on one clan? Nope.

Hiding that it is a clan means I'll just be quitting apparently random stomps.
  • ElliotLH
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Some did for sure (EG clan comes to mind). What sticks out in my mind though was people using clans as an excuse when they were added like these players weren't running together already.
  • Cropulus
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My observations about the poor (i.e. complete lack of) balance is not player level, but comms and coordination. Put a lot of clans together, and have players using in game chat or discord and they have a massive advantage over a team of randoms. This is where the system needs work and should not be that difficult to make an adjustment.

Even if someone is a rubbish player, so long as they run with their pack they're usually going to be immortal. They might get gunned down, but then call out to their entire team "It's 2 guys to the left top floor of the barn, one prone with an MMG" so the team wipes those guys our, revives the hit guy and everyone rolls on.

Now I get that's probably the intent behind the fundamentals of this installation of the franchise, working as a platoon of squads using all the elements of Assault, Medic, Support and Recon to effectively support each other. It's a beautiful dream and a site to behold, unless you happen to be on a team that is not well coordinated through no fault of your own.

I spent half my "game time" last night either getting stomped or searching for a somewhat balanced server. That experience is not going to endear new players or casuals and will kill any growth for the game. Skilled squads should be challenged by skilled squads and lower coordination squads should be paired equally. If Dice can't do something in this space, then they may as well cease support for the game now because inevitably the player base will continue to decline to an unsustainable level.

I agree, you do have an advantage when playing with a squad. However, I think the clan issue is highly overrated. This is not a competitve game, I am just in a squad with friends and we have good scores at times, but we are very mediocre. If this game was a competitive game, I would understand this argument more. Personally, I can get good results by myself or in my squad, it does not really matter that much.
  • Cropulus
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Zenga wrote: »
    I've been playing Rush almost exclusively since they introduced it and I have to say the balancing issues are pronounced more than ever in this mode. It's now come to the point where I will specifically remember those unicorn tight matches where we either won or lost with only seconds left, or only 2 tickets remaining etc. while vast majority of matches is really rolling or getting rolled over. I've been in matches where it starts off with 11v15 for example, and by the time it's 15v15 the last MCOMS are falling. It simply doesn't work. And for a 16v16 mode, being only 2 players short can have a huge, huge impact on how the match plays out.
    When Rush started, I was advocating sucking it up and staying in the match no matter the odds or the lack of balance, but I completely changed my mind now. I will stay in a match only if the numbers are +1 or -1. If the match opens up with a bigger difference, and stay like that after first 2 objectives are destroyed, I'm outta there. I'm just not going to waste my time having a bad experience caused by the game itself. I will endure if the problem is the players themselves, like 4 people sniping from some random roof while the enemy is destroying all objectives, but if the game can't create balanced odds, why should I be the one paying the price?
    Oh and btw, I will just as easily quit matches where my side is the one steam rolling the enemy. I mean, if it's 16v11, where's the fun in that?

How can DICE resolve people leaving the game? Everyone has their own reasons to leave the game, whatever they are, nothing DICE can do in terms of balancing that will possibly resolve this. Even in a perfectly even matched team, things can go sour due to luck. People will claim to not enjoying the game and leave, while the game was perfectly balanced.

Which does not mean I do not think they should not address the balancing issues, but I think people should also look at themselves and try to stick it out slightly longer. That would already help loads.
  • VincentNZ
    2888 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »

So you want to hide the fact the teams are stacked?

Team stacking is really easy to do in BFV. And on public servers it is ****. If I come to a clan server I won't **** too loudly about playing against a clan, if I'm put into a random server against 3/4 of the enemy team on one clan? Nope.

Hiding that it is a clan means I'll just be quitting apparently random stomps.

Well that is not a wrong way to tackle it. Player psychology is a thing and this is also the reason why maximum rank is so easy to reach. People leave servers when up against high levels, because the correlate playtime to skilllevel. I am pretty sure the same is true for clantags and especially when up against more people of the same clan. People get "intimidated" and/or blame sub-average performance on this fact.
  • GrizzGolf
    987 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    112-13??? HTF???????
  • DeadAgain210
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 20
    https://imgur.com/TSURJ1I

Look at the clan tags. MnV, oNIX, SNN, RG and BtK all on the same team. All of them always steamroll matches whenever they stack, every time 100% guarantee. And yet they all get "balanced" into the same team, somehow? It stayed that way for 3 matches, until I quit after being swapped to the losing team. So there is some kind of team scramble, apparently, but it doesn't do anything against clan stacking.
    It's a long process to get into. But I will try to explain it the best way I can.

I make a squad. Invite friends. (4)

Join grand operations.

More friends join party and want to join game mode, but want to be on our side.

So one person from my squad, (the original) creates a new squad. Then players that join, join in on him. Must be friends to work.

I hate doing this, because I kick some random out. I always kick out a person high on the leader board, because any team will welcome that player. If I kick out someone low on the leaderboard I'm afraid that person will continue to get kicked out.

But yeah, that's how you join a team you want to be in. You can't go by sever number, because that will be a random chance you won't get in on your friends side. Must join in on squad.

Hope this helps.

• MrCamp121
    554 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    A Stomp is just a Dance .
    Sometimes you're the dancer .
    Sometimes you're the floor .

Losing is for learning then - the moves AND the floor :tongue:

How do you learn this super sweet sniper dance they do?
    (from :06 to :13)
    The there is the thing I most hate when people do, it should not had been possible to move like that and being able to shoot with any accuracy

When i see that, along with 99% of people using assault ezmode SLRs i just turn the game off. Ive stopped playing this game. Theres no variation in classes and weapons. Yawn

I mean-- your statistic is way off. I see a few people doing this but most scoreboards show a variety of classes.

On topic: fix the team balance ASAP.

So youre telling me that assault does not dominate bfv?