Yet another new Black Screen Of Death...

Claypole1
386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I just started a game of Conquest, on to be greeted with a black screen. The map had loaded and I even spawned; everything sounded like everything was fine, but the screen was black.

Only way out was to quit the app. Has anybody else experienced this since the last patch?

Comments

• jaeger1169
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yup, happened to me literally right now.
  • enterBrainer
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No you dont have to quit.
    Just hit Options, press down on D-Pad 2 times and press X.
  • PrairieGeek
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

what did they do, revive Konami? THis is annoying. First time I logged on in a week and first 2 times I try to get into a game it black screens.
  • enterBrainer
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

what did they do, revive Konami? THis is annoying. First time I logged on in a week and first 2 times I try to get into a game it black screens.

Its always better than to restart the game, knowing it can happen again.
    at least now you can just enjoy the match.
  • Tullzter
    1271 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you click on X once to spawn, then you hit start button, D pad down twice and hit X again. it will redeploy you. should fix the bug but i think will also cost you a death. it's such an annoying bug though, can't believe that 4 Months it still hasn't been fixed
  • PrairieGeek
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »
    you click on X once to spawn, then you hit start button, D pad down twice and hit X again. it will redeploy you. should fix the bug but i think will also cost you a death. it's such an annoying bug though, can't believe that 4 Months it still hasn't been fixed

yes, that is exactly what you are doing. X spawns you in, then options (start) to bring up the menu, down twice moves you to redeploy, x to accept. costs you and the team a death.
  • enterBrainer

No need for X to spawn in the first place.
    I just do Options Down twice and X. i just brings me to the deploy screen withouth a death.
  • QwarHimos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

No need for X to spawn in the first place.
    I just do Options Down twice and X. i just brings me to the deploy screen withouth a death.

This

Note: only works for the black screen where you can hear in game audio in the background.
  • Claypole1
    386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds better than a reboot, I'll try it .

Cheers!
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Claypole1 wrote: »
    I just started a game of Conquest, on to be greeted with a black screen. The map had loaded and I even spawned; everything sounded like everything was fine, but the screen was black.

Only way out was to quit the app. Has anybody else experienced this since the last patch?

I've had this bug before and I just pressed the start button and hit down on the d pad until I hit the squad selection menu and the normal screen appeared and was able to spawn