Small issues that bother you?

Halcyon_Creed_N7
1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
1. Whenever I'm playing a specific class, then leave the server at the end of round, or for whatever reason, in the next match my selected class is different, if I join an in-progress match, which has caused me to accidentally pick a class I didn't mean to play.
2. Custom colors in the video section aren't saved if you back out of the color wheel, you just get stuck with whatever you landed on last.
3. Loading in a new round while customizing a weapon backs you out of that menu even if you still can't play yet, then again when the match officially starts, if you opened the customization menu again. Also doesn't save any changes when doing so.
4. Not being able to customize which gadget button selects which gadget. Since BF4, maybe BF3, my right D-Pad has been offensive gadgets and left D-Pad the teamplay ones. This is no longer the case and gets me killed a lot, because my thumb naturally goes for the right in combat situations as it's easier to reach.
5. Grand Operations matches come up when searching Conquest in the Server Browser.
6. You can't check class progression in the customization phase before a round even though the button prompt is onscreen.
7. Early class progression has several weapons and/or assignments given out, but none of the melee weapons or sidearms are unique, so leveling up all the classes means for 3/4 classes every other rank above 11 is pointless (as those ranks give only a single item), and just gives you a duplicate weapon in the menu for a while.

I realize Battlefield V has some far more pressing issues to iron out first, but everyone talks about those and I browse this forum a lot and AFAIK no one is talking about these small things that would be a huge QoL improvements if they were addressed. Anyone else have small complaints?

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    What bothers me the most is team members who prone in the way or at my feet leaving me to try and usually fail to vault over them.
    Why can't we just step over these people it's soooo annoying.
    That and the hammer coming out when I try to use gadgets.
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The idiotic amount of clutter on the floor of maps which can't be walked over (team mates included).

Some maps are really hard to navigate over, and then the jumping / vaulting is hit and miss too.

Then if you're prone with a bipod the gun doesn't pivot on the bipod but back at your waist so it pans over the rubble knocking you out of ADS.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »
    The idiotic amount of clutter on the floor of maps which can't be walked over (team mates included).

Some maps are really hard to navigate over, and then the jumping / vaulting is hit and miss too.

Then if you're prone with a bipod the gun doesn't pivot on the bipod but back at your waist so it pans over the rubble knocking you out of ADS.

There's so much terrain that's a pain to get over, like all the little pre-made trenches. Look nice, offer a small bit of cover, but trying to run or vault out normally means getting killed, because you just get stuck.

And the steep right side, at the end of the bridge, of the B flag on Narvik is impossible to run up and you have to make a wide loop around to where it's less steep, leaving you in plain sight of enemies looking down the bridge. Gets me killed at least once a match on Narvik.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I believe number 1 is caused by it saving the class you were playing by faction - so if you finished the last round as a German Assault, but the match before that you'd played as a British Medic, you'll have Medic selected next round. I think - that could be entirely wrong.
    The thing about the sidearms and melee weapons did always seem a little odd to me as well. I would like to see some unique class-specific secondaries - perhaps Assault could get a sawn-off shotgun (might be too OP idk), Recon could get a suppressed pistol which doesn't show where you're being damaged from on the damage indicator etc. But whether that would be appropriate I don't know.
    Number 3 annoys me as well - there's two different times which this happens, and it's annoying. Just put a thing at the top of the screen saying when the match starts.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    in no order ....

1) blackscreens/load freezes
    so far I have annotated 4 different variations of load freezing, posted 10+ videos of it, and still not fixed

2) server balance
    basic numbers, i joined a quick join conquest match, the match wasnt started and it placed me on a team of 30 against a team of 16

3) progression system
    the skins are underwhelming, so a new level cap is needed

4) multiple UI fixes
    cant track assignments kid game, cant apply new unlocks mid game, armory always indicates there is something new but not. basically everything to do with their UI is pure dumpster juice

5) customization options
    seems redundant that you must wait for a vehicle to be available to edit its loadout. bf 4 type menu would be great, could customize everything from pause menu

A new level cap is coming, presumably with some extra rewards as well. Hopefully they make it so it's actually reasonably difficult to attain max rank, and take into account how much xp people already have over the level 50 mark - presumably the xp tracks and will reward you extra ranks when they increase the cap.
  • Cannon-dale10
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The Armory indicating something new bugs the crap out of me, and it didn't do this at launch. Just after the last patch. Something so simple, then can't get right. Worried for this game. It may never be right.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Quality of players.
  • Noodlesocks
    3526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The UI requires so many clicks to get through. The UI doesn't follow the 3 click rule and it's so very convoluted. Feels like it was designed by a graphic design student who is struggling with his grades.

Trying to customise your loadout during set up phase will drag you out of the customisation menu when the countdown begins. Then it does it again when the countdown reaches 0.

Can't customise vehicles/aircraft in game unless a vehicle/aircraft is available to spawn. More annoying since this very issue was fixed in Battlefield 1 and was never an issue prior to BF1.

Tanks don't turn on the spot. They pivot.

Calling in a squad reinforcement vehicle requires you to cost your team a ticket in order to use it.

Can't call in squad reinforcements from inside a vehicle.
  • DJTN1
    306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Having to vault over a grain of sand.
    Firing your weapon doesn't stop animations.

It's the little things. 🙄
  • bran1986
    5898 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The time it takes to reload a smoke rifle grenade.
  • Noodlesocks
    3526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    That little delay between firing a rifle and working the bolt.

The way the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ animation of the Enfield moves the rifle away from eye line.
  • Blueghost22
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    bran1986 wrote: »
    The time it takes to reload a smoke rifle grenade.

You get the feeling that your avatar is checking with the drill sergeant to make sure their first time operating the launcher goes by the numbers, every use?

All BF games I've played I get the feeling that the soldiers would need to consult the operating manual every time they needed to use the toaster.
  • someguy12121
    468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The entire game :/ BF1 does what BFV is trying to do but better.

Having to leave the server to claim an unlock.
    Having to wait a round to use a new unlocked gun.
    Having to leave the game to change assignments.
    Having to go through 5 menus and different screens to change anything.
    Not able to fully customize loadout.
    Not able to adjust magnification of scopes.
    Not able to apply any paint to any part of a gun. Certain paints are tied to certain parts.
    Latency when aiming in tanks.
    Etc,
    Etc,
    Etc,
  • JUJAMAKILL
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree with most of what has already listed, but will also add to the list:

* Number one pet hate atm. I Die, the respawn timer counts down- 5, 4, 3, 2, - 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....... essentially a 15 sec timer which happens randomly

*Revive timer sometimes disappears all together whilst holding the wait for revive button. This not being attributed to any burning out, explosions or debris around me. Just randomly happens.

* My squad mate keeps getting errors when trying to join squad or game. Near impossible to just join squad and just get into game. Another gets black screened at the end of EVERY round and forced to restart game.

* Unable to change assignments in game. This is a PITA having to leave a game to change or update an assignments. Especially with the issues my squad mates seem to have rejoining squads or games as mentioned above.

* The UI, it is gawd awful. Unlock new camo, go into weapon, select customize. Page loads. Slight screen freeze, list populates. go down to new unlocked camo. Screen freeze, list repopulates. Go down list again, select camo, screen freeze, list populates. New camo was not equipped. Go back down and reselect, screen freeze. Camo finally selected.

* In addition to the one above, Unlock new scope. Go into weapon, select sights, shows Muzzle page. Exit, select sights, shows Muzzle. Exit, select sights, finally directed to sights page. It takes 3 attempts just to get to the right 'page' then go through the above scenario with selecting camos. OMFG !! It couldn't possibly be made any more frustrating.

FWIW this is on PS4.
  • bran1986
    5898 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One that bugs me is sometimes squad members that are down, the revive icon will completely disappear. You look away from the direction they are down and the icon will pop up, but you look in their direction and it disappears again. It happens at least once a match.
  • CSO7777
    1710 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 2019
    The fun in BFV is totally killed by some issue showing almost any minute of playing the game (or using the UI). Almost everything in the game doesn't work quite as intended (movement, sound, UI etc) and some things are just implemented very badly (assignments, weapon unlocks etc).

Dice fixes a lot of things in their patches, but the list of issues is so long, that many players probably will leave BFV before (if) it becomes a good game, it just gets too frustrating to play. I personally (mostly) like the new direction of the game, but the general quality of the game is just so low that I just don't play the game very much anymore.
  • ColesFlexili
    177 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the broken chat. not only do the settings for hiding/showing chat reset every few days, but the fact that every chat action gets canceled on literally everything is super annoying.
    round ends... chat canceled
    spawn...chat canceled
    getting revived...chat canceled
    spawn timer ends...chat canceled
    getting killed ...chat canceled
    going from downstate to deployment screen...chat canceled

just let me write in the chat in peace.
    and stop removing the chat at the end of the round.