Suppression System

Mangrey
168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
any Chance that we can get the one BF3 uses, the current one dose not work.

Comments

• stiny1838
    263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the only thing suppression is good for is keeping players pinned while your squad flanks. even then the assault guy will still try to pop your head.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1147 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    We don't need suppression returning what we need is flinch when you get shot nudging your aim slightly.

This. You shouldn't be able to stand perfectly still looking through a 6x while taking 3 rounds to the chest lol

we really don't need the old suppression back. MMG's at extreme ranges would have an option against snipers and assaults giving them a fairer chance to win without the vasaline lens effect of old.
    This is a nice middle ground for everyone especially if it was a perk of the MMG.
  • MinZhuZhongGuo
    405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    nope.
  • Yorksh1rePud
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The current one is poor. Was Lewis gunning a sniper to, fully suppressed yet he still managed to headshot me.
  • AssassinoX1
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If it actually gave an effect like a slight blurriness that would be good. However I notice the spotting from the suppression continues for a very long time even when they are in total cover and running away causing them to be seen through objects even if your bullets are not even remotely near them. I feel like a bullet needs to make contact for the suppression to continue to last, I kinda feel bad when I suppress enemies and they are running down the other side of the hill still tagged like what feels like 20 seconds later. Some tweaking could be good.
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No, that's spotting from flares. Spotting from MMG lasts a few seconds at best.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2551 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are you out of your mind? Supression in BF3 ruined the entire game.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are you out of your mind? Supression in BF3 ruined the entire game.

No it really did not. It told you to keep your head down.

I barely even remember the suppression and I played it again just the other day.

But either way there should be *some* penalty in BFV for getting lit up with a belt fed besides deciding to cap the shooter now or later. If not suppression from being shot at at least knocking a bit about or even out of ADS.
  • TFBisquit
    1078 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed, some flinch, or shake would be in place when you're hit. The current suppression is only good for spotting enemies, and some points. They might as well leave it out of the game.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We don't need suppression. Learn to aim instead.

Flinch is bad as well as it unfairly benefits rapid firing weapons the most.
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

Aim?! What aim when there's no ADS unless you're bipodded and there are no scopes whatsoever and you have a weapon that is literally bouncing around in all directions.Unlike Assaults, we're not blessed with 3X scopes, or even 2X scopes. We only get 2 kinds of poor visibility iron sights that provide 1.25 or 1.5 magnification.
    Flinch should not be given to all rapid fire weapons, I agree with that 100%. It should not be given even to MMGs. It should be a combat role trait and if you spec a machine gunner, then there should be flinch applied to a player that you're continuously hitting. Should it be instant and permanent? No! In my mind suppresion would cause flinch only beyond 30m or after 4th bullet has hit you, that way it would not have any effect in close quarter combat because most battles are resolved within 4 bullets anyway.
    Frustration about the nonexisting suppression system comes from an everyday occurrence where you will engage a medium range enemy, open fire first, hit the target 4-5 times and then get headshotted by that same target because he was able to ADAD + perfect aim.
  • Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    stiny1838 wrote: »
    the only thing suppression is good for is keeping players pinned while your squad flanks letting every Sniper on the map know where you are for a free kill. even then the assault guy will still try to pop your head.

FTFY

The classic Suppression system in Battlefield is dead and DICE/the player base doesn't want it to return. As a 'core' heavy machine gun player myself, I've long since given up trying to appeal on the issue.

This attitude is just all too common here.

Battlefield 5 is a CODbro shooter now.

Most of us old school support vets have given up on this **** and gone back to BF4/BF1.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

How do I "learn to aim" when I've already put hits on target, proving I can actually aim and am doing to the best of the physical ability of the weapon being used, but you can be out TTK'd by the person taking hits?
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kayback wrote: »

How do I "learn to aim" when I've already put hits on target, proving I can actually aim and am doing to the best of the physical ability of the weapon being used, but you can be out TTK'd by the person taking hits?

If you're landing your shots, then you don't need an additional suppression affect to help you. Your TTK is plenty fast enough. Unless of course you're lying and not actually landing those shots accurately.