Shotgun slugs are pretty pathetic

SpinachVsKale
185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited April 10
can someone please explain why there in the game other than to tick enemies off and let them know your positioning. They cant compete at midrange because of the fast TTK. Its a OHK out to 10m your better off using the buckshot for that. Its a 2HK out to 30m which is only 5 meters better than the revolver. No need to challenge someone outside of 10m because 90% of the guns have superior sights and a faster RPM. Its very difficult to get the second shot off if your going against a half decent player. The headshot out to 50m(headshot should be at any range) doesn't help because we don't get 3x scopes. Also what's up with M1897 hipfire is it broken or what? IMO they should increase the OHK to the upper chest out to 20m anywhere else on the body takes 2 shots. I would leave the 2HK out to 30m. Your trading in hipfire for accuracy and a bit longer range. This is the worst I've seen slugs in any battlefield. Don't get me wrong I've had some decent games with slugs in BF5 but the majority of the time they are not optimal or viable.

Edit: I'd be fine if Dice just increased the 2 hit kill out to 40-50 meters. This would be a more appropriate buff to slugs.
Post edited by SpinachVsKale on

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 12
    I always get a 1 shot kill on headshot with them. Usually accompanied with a salty psn message calling me a hacker.
  • SpinachVsKale
    Do you play on PC? I'm on console its much difficult to get headshots. Yea you gotta love those msgs…..dude did you just kill me with a shotgun at 30m yea your getting reported lol.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1362 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm on ps4 mate. Just play midish range and take your time to line up your shot. If you want buck and a slug use the drilling built for buckshot and hold triangle to swap to secondary fire to get a slug too.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Me and a buddy were running shotguns last night and noticed how underwhelming slugs are, or even that entire side of the unlock tree. i've always ran slugs but from gameplay experience it has no use to me. I do well better with buck
  • SpinachVsKale
    yea I agree very underwhelming to use slugs. They just have no place in this game. The maps are designed for mid to long range combat. I don't know why dice tweaked with the damage model from BF1. I'm thinking they did this because of the new attrition system now that people are running around with less than 100HP. They are a bit more consistent after the last buff but they still need a bit of work.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Supposedly they have a lethal range of 50m now after getting buffed. No way they go 50m period.

Pathetic is right.
  • Chivide
    71 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I always get a 1 shot kill on headshot with them. Usually accompanied with a salty psn message calling me a hacker.

do you have a screebshot of that?
  • SpinachVsKale
    They can OHK someone out to 50m but that's headshot only. Like I stated earlier its very difficult to do given the fact we don't have 3x scopes and the visibility is not on our side. The muzzle flash seems to be the same for the slug and buckshot also for some weird reason it feels like your shooting the same ammo.
  • jimbutt9
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    PS4 player. Im pretty sure the people here just dont know how to use slugs or aim with them. They are just as good as the new post-patch buckshot in cqc and is superior to buckshot in mid-range combat which is the advantage to using them. Even though it has ohk headshot within 50m it is not meant to be long range weapon you snipe with even tho its possible.

Slugs require good aim for it to be used effectively and I admit that that takes a little practice and finesse. Both shotguns are good with slugs. m1897 has a longer ohk range and easier to aim with than the 12guage while the 12guage can hold more rounds and shoot faster than the m1897. I suggest trying both to find out which you prefer.
  • Klendathu1987
    138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The drilling is just perfect when you spot a lazy sniper prone in the distance you can easily snipe him on 100m and more. the other shotguns have to much damage dropoff and bullet fall for that but not my drilling dearest.gotta love that thing
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In my opinion, nothing beats a fully spec'd up 12g.
    7 Rounds
    Heavy Load
    Penetration
    Fast Reload.

==
    It has less vertical recoil than the other two shotties.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    12g.jpg
    m97-and-drilling.jpg
    =====
  • barnesalmighty2
    Sruex85 wrote: »

Yep several. Someone tells me how to post pics here I'll add them for you.
  • Agent_Talon
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I speced the slugs in the M97 and went into a game and was still seeing the buck shot pattern and at the same time seemed to be only getting hits if I was an inch away and the the target was dead center. Is this a bug?
  • SpinachVsKale
    edited March 14
    I'm a little confused as to what you are saying? You said your getting hits a inch away? can you clarify please you should be able to OHK people at 10m if your accurate. The buckshot pellet spread animation is the same for slugs.
    Post edited by SpinachVsKale on
  • ElliotLH
    7795 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13

You can use the [ img ] [ /img ] (without the spaces) coding but I personally find it easier to upload to Imgur and just paste the BBCode in to the forum.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

You can use the [ img ] [ /img ] (without the spaces) coding but I personally find it easier to upload to Imgur and just paste the BBCode in to the forum.

I saw somewhere someone say use {}{/} instead of [][/]
  • ElliotLH
    7795 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I saw somewhere someone say use {}{/} instead of [][/]

Could well be to be honest. I really struggle with getting images to work with the brackets so gave up using them a while back in favour of Imgur.