300000 playing the first black ops

HawkeyeAM47
1235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Im in utter shock at the amount of people playing this game

Comments

• HonestSoul333
    1393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I find that weird seeing as only a couple thousand play MW2 and 3 now... can hardly find a lobby.
    But if you find one, and its full of cheaters, its not like you can just find another one because matchmaking will put you back in the same one you were before:(
  • spartanx169x
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Im in utter shock at the amount of people playing this game

Console or PC?
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It was on xbox one/360
    Player count was a bit over 300,000 had no problem finding games. .i was amazed so many people are playing this game, as its really old
  • Vespervin
    1195 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    300,000 players? That's surprising! Don't get me wrong, the first Black Ops is one of the best Call of Duty games but that's a lot of players for a game from 2010.

The fact that the game is playable on the Xbox One must be a huge factor. It's amazing that Black Ops players on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One can play together. It really does keep those older games alive.
  • HonestSoul333
    1393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Vespervin wrote: »
    300,000 players? That's surprising! Don't get me wrong, the first Black Ops is one of the best Call of Duty games but that's a lot of players for a game from 2010.

The fact that the game is playable on the Xbox One must be a huge factor. It's amazing that Black Ops players on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One can play together. It really does keep those older games alive.

Yeah. Its unfortunate many games came in late for the backwards compatibility. I remember BO1 was one of the earlier ones. But MW2 and 3 only got it a few months ago. May be why they are dead. Their community has moved on from them due to not wanting to switch consoles to play them...