AP Mine spamming is getting out of hand, NERF desperately needed

Comments

• crazzeesyko
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It should just be limited to recon. If you nerf it then you're making recon even more difficult to use than it already is (they cant defend themselves at close range).
  • SpinachVsKale
    185 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    zenn_nme wrote: »
    No nerf needed imho, they're doing the job they're engineered to do; exploding a lethal spray of shrapnel in all directions.
    Only the mine spam at supplystations is excessive, this should be taken care off by not being able to place them within a certain distance.

I agree you should not be able to clutter them together especially near a resupply station other than that they don't bother me that much
  • Trokey66
    8174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »

The no OHK thing is good in principle, but if people stack 2 together, as they do now, I suspect they’ll still be an insta-death. What I’d want is the same mechanism they did to Anti-Tank mines in BF1, where they can’t be placed close together.

What slightly worries me about the tweet is the implication that the damage curve is flat. That could mean the curve is more linear. If it’s still a decreasing function - in that the further you are from the center of the explosion the less damage is dealt, then that’s fine, makes sense, and should result in less collateral kills.

But if it’s actually ‘flat’ - in that the damage dealt is the same regardless of whether you are right in the centre or right at the edge of the blast radius, then that’s really not so good. It basically means you’ll get the same damage if you are the guy standing on it, or the guy right on the very edge of the blast radius wondering why that guy is running straight towards that... boom... dead. It also means more damage when shooting them in tight spaces (as you have less flexibility on the distance from the blast).

As I said: a good start ... but it is not enough.

Stacking or placing them at resupply stations/spawnspots need to go.
    And I would like to see them as sniper only gadget.

I'm surprised they are not your top weapon, after all, you didn't think there was anything wrong with the BF1 Heavy Bomber and Hellriegel?

But hey, anything for an easy life.
  • Ernie_Shavers
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AP mines were fine. The issue is too many classes were able to equip them.
  • Trokey66
    8174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Dont know why Medic has them.

A simple 'fix' to be had there!
  • doctorrocktor
    1792 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are fine try using your eyes there not hard to see.I usually get killed maybe twice in a round from ap mines that's it.
  • ElliotLH
    7795 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

I always presumed they were padding for the medic class gadgets.
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 13
    You can have 3 laying out on the ground OMG.....what were they thinking :(. Get a full squad and have them run AP mines. You will have 12 AP MINES on one flag and just keep resupplying after you get a kill.

It’s probably funny until an enemy tank shoots a shell into the middle of them and they all go off killing your entire squad and any other friendlies nearby.

The number of times I've seen people mining a position we were actively holding in BF1 and the added explosive power it created, that's how those 11+ multikills happen with a frag grenade.

The number of times a ‘friendly’ scout put a trip mine down at my feet only for us all to get blown to hell seconds later is just too damn high. I died more from friendly ones than enemy ones I suspect.
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The no OHK thing is good in principle, but if people stack 2 together, as they do now, I suspect they’ll still be an insta-death. What I’d want is the same mechanism they did to Anti-Tank mines in BF1, where they can’t be placed close together.

What slightly worries me about the tweet is the implication that the damage curve is flat. That could mean the curve is more linear. If it’s still a decreasing function - in that the further you are from the center of the explosion the less damage is dealt, then that’s fine, makes sense, and should result in less collateral kills.

But if it’s actually ‘flat’ - in that the damage dealt is the same regardless of whether you are right in the centre or right at the edge of the blast radius, then that’s really not so good. It basically means you’ll get the same damage if you are the guy standing on it, or the guy right on the very edge of the blast radius wondering why that guy is running straight towards that... boom... dead. It also means more damage when shooting them in tight spaces (as you have less flexibility on the distance from the blast).

As I said: a good start ... but it is not enough.

Stacking or placing them at resupply stations/spawnspots need to go.
    And I would like to see them as sniper only gadget.

I'm surprised they are not your top weapon, after all, you didn't think there was anything wrong with the BF1 Heavy Bomber and Hellriegel?

But hey, anything for an easy life.

Got to get kills somehow, right :shrug:
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Devastation and Fjell are just mine fields nowadays. AP mines were extremely strong before, there was absolutely no reason to raise the damage. I never saw someone asking for it, not here, not on the subreddit, so why the goddamn buff. 1000 things that need to be adressed, this however, was absolutely fine. Nowadays we have 4-6 ap mines around every ammo supply station, because 3 out of 4 classes have access to it, and everyone gets 2 (!). They are extremely small and only visible because of their glowing. But people figured out quickly, that you can simply place them on the supply crate, and since the supply crate is glowing aswell , it's like looking at a where is waldo picture. There needs to be something done, I'd favor the way ap mines worked in bf4. With visible tripwires, still very deadly, but only if you were dumb enough, to run through them. Right now they are just proximity based killing machines, and frankly cheap kills, nothing more.

what about to keep ur eyes open?
    i totally undestand where this is commin from... i'm also often the only one in my squad who is aware of the AP mines... so i started telling them where i saw/see them!
    it's really not that hard to spott AP mines!
    like u said they are at Ammo/Medi stations most of the time.
    is it so hard for u to watch ur step at this stations?

dunno ppl complaining way too much...
    maybe the always complaining guys should try hello kitty online... could fit better to u :smiley:
  • TFBisquit
    1338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Fire a grenade at supply stations etc etc.
    They are spammed though, to the point of getting ridiculous.
    I myself only die 2 or 3 times from them in a couple of hours of gaming, so not bothered much by them, yet.
    Good to hear they are gonna fix this situation.
  • mrtwotimes
    696 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Poor argument

Heh, 99% of everything in these forums is a poor argument, but they still get posted.

• DingoKillr
    3471 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

I always presumed they were padding for the medic class gadgets.

Not padding, the smoke grenade launcher should not be used when defending it gives more advantage to attackers thus AP mines.

In defence the died don't count letting someone respawn to me is OK. That does not mean I am not trying to revive it just those in the open I don't.
  • von_Campenstein
    6565 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited March 14
    You can have 3 laying out on the ground OMG.....what were they thinking :(. Get a full squad and have them run AP mines. You will have 12 AP MINES on one flag and just keep resupplying after you get a kill.

It’s probably funny until an enemy tank shoots a shell into the middle of them and they all go off killing your entire squad and any other friendlies nearby.

The number of times I've seen people mining a position we were actively holding in BF1 and the added explosive power it created, that's how those 11+ multikills happen with a frag grenade.

The number of times a ‘friendly’ scout put a trip mine down at my feet only for us all to get blown to hell seconds later is just too damn high. I died more from friendly ones than enemy ones I suspect.

Those do have their place, only timing for placing them was bad, what was worse though was AT-Mines in second story rooms on Amiens and on Fort Vaux...
    Post edited by von_Campenstein on
This discussion has been closed.