AP Mine spamming is getting out of hand, NERF desperately needed

Comments

• ViolationofDerp
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    Research first, post second. They've already said the AP mine buff was an accident and will be fixed. If you had read any of the previous threads on this topic you'd already know that.

I posted this right before braddock made the announcement cited here, haven't seen a discussion about AP mines(especially regarding the buff that was introduced just recently) on the forum in quit some time. Not all people visiting the bfforums constantly follow bf5 topics on reddit or twitter. As you can see this is a heavily discussed subject which makes the thread perfectly legit.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Research first, post second. They've already said the AP mine buff was an accident and will be fixed. If you had read any of the previous threads on this topic you'd already know that.

I posted this right before braddock made the announcement cited here, haven't seen a discussion about AP mines(especially regarding the buff that was introduced just recently) on the forum in quit some time. Not all people visiting the bfforums constantly follow bf5 topics on reddit or twitter. As you can see this is a heavily discussed subject which makes the thread perfectly legit.

you have to pace yourself with some. its prob easier to ignore than explain. ie posting patterns

I dont frequent reddit, twitter, or youtube like these tweens so had no idea of another unintended buff. Funny how DICE breaks things without trying, but cant fix anything when they do.
    Hopefully the AP isnt useless, if so then I expect pistol grenade launcher posts after the nerf
  • ViolationofDerp
    98 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you have to pace yourself with some. its prob easier to ignore than explain. ie posting patterns

I dont frequent reddit, twitter, or youtube like these tweens so had no idea of another unintended buff. Funny how DICE breaks things without trying, but cant fix anything when they do.
    Hopefully the AP isnt useless, if so then I expect pistol grenade launcher posts after the nerf
    This is what i fear aswell, this can be a very useful and tactical gadget for snipers to lock down pathes respectively getting to know that
    enemies are approaching. I think several good suggestions made here for mild nerfing would've been much better than just lowering the damage, e.g. limiting the amount of placeable mines to 2, or preventing them to be placed next to supply crates. Unfortunately introducing mild nerfs/buffs and waiting out the results is not something DICE is known for.
  • AssassinoX1
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    bloodprizm wrote: »
    Why do you clowns want to nerf everything? Play. Adapt. Think ahead.

Ap mines are an unpredictable variable therefore limiting one’s ability to think ahead.

Well to be fair, everyone is complaining they are always placed around depots so they certainly have become predictable. ;-)
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This is what i fear aswell, this can be a very useful and tactical gadget for snipers to lock down pathes respectively getting to know that
    enemies are approaching. I think several good suggestions made here for mild nerfing would've been much better than just lowering the damage, e.g. limiting the amount of placeable mines to 2, or preventing them to be placed next to supply crates. Unfortunately introducing mild nerfs/buffs and waiting out the results is not something DICE is known for.

I honestly dont get many kills with them, I'd love to see kill #s vs placed #s. For me, I place them on areas behind or around objectives. So if ome goes off, I atleast now know they are heading to this flag for example.

• AssassinoX1
    253 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I honestly dont get many kills with them, I'd love to see kill #s vs placed #s. For me, I place them on areas behind or around objectives. So if ome goes off, I atleast now know they are heading to this flag for example.

I would love to see it too. Another poster posted his rate (was 13%) and I posted mine (18.5%) however I only put down 70, he put down almost 3k. It really does seem like people died a small handful of times and think it needs to be banned because they can't deal with it.
  • CaptHotah
    1061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    One of the solution i would love to see implemented is ao the mines take linger to blow. That way if you got good reflexes you can excape death.

you have an audible indicator, which is the only thing in this game that gives you a warning. Have you tried going prone at audible que? If so, what would you do with longer time? Just run away? How is that responding to anything?

Well first of all you had like half a second more time after the audible that like 1 or 2 extra steps or an extra jump away wich can still damage you but not kill you, again only if you respond fast to it. It will be like being rewarded for goos reflexes.
  • Trokey66
    8159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I would love to see it too. Another poster posted his rate (was 13%) and I posted mine (18.5%) however I only put down 70, he put down almost 3k. It really does seem like people died a small handful of times and think it needs to be banned because they can't deal with it.

That was me.

To put it into perspective, I have 11,505 Claymore kills in BF4 with an 'accuracy' of 35.19%.
  • SirTerrible
    1630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In a game as that is already as defensive and campy as BFV I gotta say we probably didn't need this AP mine buff. My friend gets 10+ AP mine kills per match just putting them in busy areas. People can't see them lol. Put 'em in grass for max invisibility or on uneven terrain so they half sink into the ground. Also don't just place them in front of ammo/health stations, put them ON them. People never look there.
  • Redstripe101
    One of the solution i would love to see implemented is ao the mines take linger to blow. That way if you got good reflexes you can excape death.

you have an audible indicator, which is the only thing in this game that gives you a warning. Have you tried going prone at audible que? If so, what would you do with longer time? Just run away? How is that responding to anything?

Well first of all you had like half a second more time after the audible that like 1 or 2 extra steps or an extra jump away wich can still damage you but not kill you, again only if you respond fast to it. It will be like being rewarded for goos reflexes.

whats your counter to an AT mine? Its literally the only thing that gives you a warning, and where does it rank in weapon overall kills? I'll assume well below the top 10 and you can place 3 at a time.

Doesnt matter, I always used betty as a fallback plan to bait my enemy too. MG42 will still chew you up while derping around the map with zero awareness lol.
  • Kongo030
    615 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    In a game as that is already as defensive and campy as BFV I gotta say we probably didn't need this AP mine buff. My friend gets 10+ AP mine kills per match just putting them in busy areas. People can't see them lol. Put 'em in grass for max invisibility or on uneven terrain so they half sink into the ground. Also don't just place them in front of ammo/health stations, put them ON them. People never look there.

It is only campy and defensive when people don't use their brains. We now even got a smoke bombardment which is one of the most useful reinforcements....maybe giving smoke grenades to all classes might be a good thing.

• DeadAgain210
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    When finally realalizing that some are there, at the last half second. Your final words are "oh, shhhhh"
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 16
    Ok, so I tried these badboys a little yesterday for myself, and got about 8 kills with them in a round of devastation. For some of the kills, I hid somewhere and watched the results. Almost felt bad for every kill i got, none of them were detected, all went off, except the last one.
    eWLk91Q.jpg
    B5muhf0.jpg
    This one was placed at our spawn, so naturally it didn't explode, but it certainly would if someone runs around next to it.
    IACpy3C.jpg
    There are thousands of possibilites to place mines as shown on Devastation and I claim, that even very careful players wouldn't notice them.
    Ofc, this is a not much of a problem on bigger maps like Firestorm, but on this map it definitely is.

But all mines would get spotted as soon as a flare goes up. So if enemy recon is doing their job, dealing with mines is easy. Seeing as how this is a squad based game, it's nice to see that recon is good for something.

Plus I think mines work great on devastation, not because of all the rubble and debris on the floor, but because that's basically the most cqb map of bf5. So naturally most players are stuck in sprint mode.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do what the real BFV or Battlefield Vietnam did, you can survive an AP mine if you go to prone. You still get hit but you don't get hit for much.
  • onylra_II
    76 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    So if enemy recon is doing their job, dealing with mines is easy.

Oh you sweet summer child...

Nobody wants to spend 90% of their time on foot peering into every crack and crevice before they move around ... don't be daft people. If you think they're hard to hide you're wrong. It's hard enough spotting actual players half the time. So be careful what you wish for - for you may get it, the game'll turn into 32 MMG campers/snipers on either team, surrounded by mines, with nobody left to run into them.
  • DingoKillr
    3467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    onylra_II wrote: »
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    So if enemy recon is doing their job, dealing with mines is easy.

Oh you sweet summer child...

Nobody wants to spend 90% of their time on foot peering into every crack and crevice before they move around ... don't be daft people. If you think they're hard to hide you're wrong. It's hard enough spotting actual players half the time. So be careful what you wish for - for you may get it, the game'll turn into 32 MMG campers/snipers on either team, surrounded by mines, with nobody left to run into them.
    If you don't want mines everywhere either give new gadgets or improve existing.
    Assault has 3 dynamite or 3 Frag Grenades which can both be used as defense and offensive.
    Support 3 AP mines (defense only) or 3 AT grenades (both)
    Medic 3 AP mines (defense) or ?
    Recon 3 AP mines (defense) , 2 decoy, 2 flares (both) and the flare only got recent buff as no one was using.

Do you see the flaw that DICE fell into. The Feedback loop nerfed every other class but Assault, AP mines only started popping up because they got buffed accident. Take it away again and what happens Assault explosive comes back creating more modes full of Assaults. I say that because when I last played Rush both teams had many medics compared to other classes.

Example
    Like giving Support a perimeter flare, it would trip launching flare straight up, it could be done without spotting.

• Xephic_Za
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Xephic_Za wrote: »
    I wonder they would have said during WW2, asking for less mines along the way.
    It's a war game and they should stay as is.

L2P issue

By your logic a round of conquest would last hours since everyone will just walk checking the ground for mines. This is not a military simulation. Never was. Join the army if you wany realism.

That's why I don't play Conquest, it's boring AF.

Grand Ops, Rush and Breakthrough is where it's at, fast paced action (excluding the severely drawn out conquest day in GO.).

Full on PTFO or GTFO. No time for KD ****, crying over AP mines.
This discussion has been closed.