Weekly BF

AP Mine spamming is getting out of hand, NERF desperately needed

Comments

• Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    you have to pace yourself with some. its prob easier to ignore than explain. ie posting patterns

I dont frequent reddit, twitter, or youtube like these tweens so had no idea of another unintended buff. Funny how DICE breaks things without trying, but cant fix anything when they do.
    Hopefully the AP isnt useless, if so then I expect pistol grenade launcher posts after the nerf
    This is what i fear aswell, this can be a very useful and tactical gadget for snipers to lock down pathes respectively getting to know that
    enemies are approaching. I think several good suggestions made here for mild nerfing would've been much better than just lowering the damage, e.g. limiting the amount of placeable mines to 2, or preventing them to be placed next to supply crates. Unfortunately introducing mild nerfs/buffs and waiting out the results is not something DICE is known for.

I honestly dont get many kills with them, I'd love to see kill #s vs placed #s. For me, I place them on areas behind or around objectives. So if ome goes off, I atleast now know they are heading to this flag for example.

I would love to see it too. Another poster posted his rate (was 13%) and I posted mine (18.5%) however I only put down 70, he put down almost 3k. It really does seem like people died a small handful of times and think it needs to be banned because they can't deal with it.

Those sound like my stats too. 550 placed, 61 kills.

They aren't anywhere near as effective as the moaning will have people believe.

I've only died a couple of times, a few of those because I tried to EOD too close or too late. And with a gun. Explosives work so much better. A scout with a flare helps a lot.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Faylum wrote: »
    Do what the real BFV or Battlefield Vietnam did, you can survive an AP mine if you go to prone. You still get hit but you don't get hit for much.

That's exactly how they work in BFV too.
  • CaptHotah
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    RIP ap mine warriors starting tomorrow. 👏 DICE
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    onylra_II wrote: »
    fakemon64 wrote: »
    So if enemy recon is doing their job, dealing with mines is easy.

Oh you sweet summer child...

Nobody wants to spend 90% of their time on foot peering into every crack and crevice before they move around ... don't be daft people. If you think they're hard to hide you're wrong. It's hard enough spotting actual players half the time. So be careful what you wish for - for you may get it, the game'll turn into 32 MMG campers/snipers on either team, surrounded by mines, with nobody left to run into them.

Like I said, one flare goes up, and all mines get spotted for you.

Plus, if you travel with your squad, hopefully whoever stepped on the mine can be quickly revived/healed and avenged if possible.

Strange that some players believe:
    "Mines shouldn't hurt because I shouldn't have to look out for them"

I wonder why anti tank mines aren't getting this treatment? If infantry shouldn't be bothered to look out for mines, why should tanks right?

Oh we've already been there, DICE put a blinking red light on AP mines late in BF4, at the time the night operations map was released. I'm not making that up, a blinking light, and yet vehicle drivers still managed to die on them and no doubt some complained here that AT mines are OP and scrubby and should be nerfed or better yet removed.
  • monsmoy
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love using them.Tactically to guard my position.I plant them around myself.Great getting the guy whos chuckling to himself cos hes killed me then gets blown up by my mines.Really satisfying.Better than a long headshot.If placed next to anti tank mine its one hell of a bang and wipes out a platoon if they are around one.
  • FartInDesign
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, i really think since they nerfed the damage output, they are back to being a pretty balanced gadget. Other than the fact that you can still hide them inside bricks etc. they are fine. DICE should propably prioritize other things.
  • Hawxxeye
    6073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 29
    Leave the damn things alone, they are already weak enough as it is.  The only way to make them work is for several people to put 5+ mines in the area  to slow down people.
  • plasticman883
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 29
    Narfiam said:
    Don't run like a headless chicken and check the ground.
    I like them in their current state and I use them a lot when defending. Is the only counter against the hurr durr rambo spray-and-pray flanking twitchy squads and I love pwning them with a good placed AP mines stack.
    Careful mate, last time I stated almost that exact sentiment, some incel on here "doxxed" my psn username and "exposed" my stats. :D  Apparently the assault codbros are almost as salty as pilots when they get called out. Love nothing more than blowing up those annoying squads of flanking medics who go off and perma heal after every engagement.
  • CaptHotah
    1122 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 29
    Passive gadgets are for mediocre players at best. Good for memes not so much for winning the round...
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CaptHotah said:
    Passive gadgets are for mediocre players at best. Good for memes not so much for winning the round...

You seem to fail to grasp the purpose of passive weapons, mines and boobytraps are meant to delay and demoralize the enemy, not win battles and as such they seem to work perfectly well. That said there seem to be a problem with destroying spotted explosives, that's not good.
  • VOLBANKER
    1047 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 29
    CaptHotah said:

You seem to fail to grasp the purpose of passive weapons, mines and boobytraps are meant to delay and demoralize the enemy, not win battles and as such they seem to work perfectly well. That said there seem to be a problem with destroying spotted explosives, that's not good.
    No no, the purpose of AP Mines is to educate players who are in a hurry to remember to look where they’re going :) 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AP mines don't scare me.  If your running you can get by them fast without dying.  If your lollygagging around then ya you deserve your legs ripped off.
  • mrtwotimes
    801 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really don't get hit by them much at all.    
  • abc1434286920
    447 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely loathe them, i feel they are harder to notice than what tripwire mines were in bf1.

As such i have started using them, feels dirty though.
  • CaptHotah
    CaptHotah said:

The purpose of AP mines is just to annoy ppl. And the fact that every class has them is 3x worse...
  • CaptHotah
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    CaptHotah said:

The Assault "skillcannons" on the other hand...

...got 65% wins. You got 45%. Numbers...
This discussion has been closed.