AP Mine spamming is getting out of hand, NERF desperately needed

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I can't believe that anyone seriously has issues with AP mines. I rarely die from them simply because I use my eyes and I especially look at areas such as medic and ammo refill stations instead of just blindly rushing in. This isn't an AP mine issue this is a player issue.

I think the main issue is the volume, they used to be 1 class gadgets, why 3 classes now has them is anyones guess since most so called skilled players always complain about passive weapons, to deflect from their own shortcomings in utilizing their gadgets I'm sure.
  • VOLBANKER
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 said:
    herodes87 wrote: »
    Still don't get why 3 classes need AP Mines. It was clear from the beginning that it is a Bad Idea.

The ONLY 'issue' with AP Mines I have is why Medic?

Just doesn't fit for me......
    They do have a combat role called Combat Medic though
  • Trokey66
    7942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    Trokey66 said:

herodes87 wrote: »
    Still don't get why 3 classes need AP Mines. It was clear from the beginning that it is a Bad Idea.

The ONLY 'issue' with AP Mines I have is why Medic?

Just doesn't fit for me......

They do have a combat role called Combat Medic though

No doubt a throw back to archetypes (Sp?) where they may have made more sense with different weapons etc but as roles now just change specs, not so much so......
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Would less people use them if they could pick some sort of anti-tank gadget. I think BF1 had it about right with every class having a little something against tanks*.

*I know tanks aren't that great but it's a separate issue.
  • DingoKillr
    3380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Would less people use them if they could pick some sort of anti-tank gadget. I think BF1 had it about right with every class having a little something against tanks*.

*I know tanks aren't that great but it's a separate issue.
    It is not tank but anything that could kill would get selected. 
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 3
    Were the AP mines stealthily nerfed in the last patch as I'm not getting half as many kills? Sad stuff
  • sabootheshaman
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Why do obscure gadgets get such a nerf bandwagon?
    It wouldn’t be gaming without cryharding.

Do I raise my fist and scream into the tv with a single tear flowing down my cheek when I die from one or three of these? Maybe.

Was it my fault for headless chickening around the ammo station? Absofreekinglutley.

Current bf community can't accept the fact of being outplayed by someone else. So they find reasons after reasons why X thing is not their fault blaming everything else but themselves.
    Unfortunately, it’s gaming as a whole.

People scream “hax!” or “nerf!” instead adapting gameplay or gitting gudder.
    Totally.

I also think although this BF has some massive issues, the gadgets are not one.

Everything seems to be able to be countered. Mines can be shot, so can sporting flares. Yet people have all sorts of histrionics when they cause a death.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    522 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Did they patch the AP mines? I'm getting 99 dmg atm with 2 of them which means you need three now.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 3
    Did they patch the AP mines? I'm getting 99 dmg atm with 2 of them which means you need three now.
    I think so as one mine seems to get less than 50 damage now. I see frequent damage but no kill. These act as a marker of where the enemy is rather than anything else
  • von_Campenstein
    6494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited May 3
    I think so as one mine seems to get less than 50 damage now. I see frequent damage but no kill. These act as a marker of where the enemy is rather than anything else

With blood trails that would be good enough.
  • Trokey66
    7942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IDirtY_SeCreT said:

They do seem a bit weaker, getting a lot of 98's and 99's recently.
  • Noromiz
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In my last 10 Breakthrough games I died from AP Mines once and those where my own (someone shot them) :(

I really do not see them as OP right now and there are certainly no real tactical reason to use them on Recon or Medic over their other tools, for the Support I sometimes us them on infantry only maps as the AT Mines and Sturmpistole is kinda useless there (the Sturmpistole can be used to take down enemy fortification if I am attacking, but it isn't really all that amazing).
    I rarely get any kills though, mostly because I can never remember how many I have placed so I end up not having anyone down at all.
  • GrandMG42CamPeR
    257 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am the bettyman currently with 2016 kills :D Fjell is the best map for it. I always plant 2-3 of them for the guaranteed kill. Many times I got triple/quad kills ;)
  • DigimortalDrones
    17 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Imagine in WWII and Vietnam where "mines and traps" plagued these two wars and people actually used their situational awareness to carefully look out for AP Mines, tripwires, bamboo traps and either destroy or disarm them. You can too in BFV. Follow these 3 simple steps:

Step 1: Open your eyes.

Step 2: Apply common sense and personal situational awareness.

Step 3: Repeat steps 1 and 2.

• ViolationofDerp
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Noromiz said:
    In my last 10 Breakthrough games I died from AP Mines once and those where my own (someone shot them) :(

I really do not see them as OP right now and there are certainly no real tactical reason to use them on Recon or Medic over their other tools, for the Support I sometimes us them on infantry only maps as the AT Mines and Sturmpistole is kinda useless there (the Sturmpistole can be used to take down enemy fortification if I am attacking, but it isn't really all that amazing).
    I rarely get any kills though, mostly because I can never remember how many I have placed so I end up not having anyone down at all.
    Like I said before, this thread was opened three patches ago, when AP mines were single hit kills. Damage output has been reduced dramatically since than. I'd agree with the recent patch, it seems like they're even a little underpowered now.
    I'd be happy if this thread would just die, since the issue has been resolved.
  • parkingbrake
    3000 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Were the AP mines stealthily nerfed in the last patch as I'm not getting half as many kills? Sad stuff
    They seem to be more difficult to place, spots that used to accept them now are off-limits.  Yes, eventually enough tears will erode the willpower of DICE and they'll nerf almost anything.  If they'll nerf the SRAW in BF4, they'll nerf anything.