AP Mine spamming is getting out of hand, NERF desperately needed

Comments

• GRAW2ROBZ
    1247 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think people just sprinting a lot running through the AP blast radius.  You need people sitting on them like this poor sap.

This was when I unlocked AP mines for medic and took a break from the smoke launcher.  But I went back to the launcher now.  I prefer to have cover.
  • the_lone_ran9er
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well if they've been nerfed maybe they should have a wide blast radius which knocks players down ( like when an objective blows up )  Could at least be used in a sort of ambush fashion.  Not everyone plays for the same reasons.  If they continue to nerf anything that acts as a speed bump for the run N gunners then everyone else will slowly leave. Leading to cries for more nerfs citing the games decline as evidence for their necessity. Ultimately a death spiral.  If your going to take something away from one player type, you need to replace it somehow.
  • Klendathu1987
    138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i really dont give a wilson about the damage of the mines. having 3 classes spam mines everywhere is really destroying the game for me...
  • the_lone_ran9er
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i really dont give a wilson about the damage of the mines. having 3 classes spam mines everywhere is really destroying the game for me...
    Ya this seems wrong to me too. I actually thought it was just Recon.
  • Frontline54
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    the_lone_ran9er said:
     If they continue to nerf anything that acts as a speed bump for the run N gunners then everyone else will slowly leave.
    This.
  • VOLBANKER
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE 100% silently nerfed AP Mines.

Two together do 96-98 damage now, where they used to kill most of the time.

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd bet that that most of those mines are being placed by Supports.  I can't imagine playing as Recon or Medic and equipping AP mines as they would replace a much more useful gadget.  But who knows, DICE keeps making doing damage with AP mines as Recon a daily assignment, so maybe people are trying for that.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The real problem is the lack of gadgets for each class.
  • xXHamatoYoshiXx
    194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've never had an issue with getting killed with AP mines. It's not that hard to check common places like ammo crates and around corners that usually have high traffic, maybe if people would stop running constantly everywhere they go they'd stop to notice mines and other gadgets out in the field. Be happy that it doesn't take just one AP mine to kill you. This is suppose to be a tactical game, not COD or Halo. DICE, can I please have hardcore mode now? I'm beyond over this casual-catering nonsense.
    I watch teammates go right past enemy spawn beacons that are audible and visible, there are a lot of oblivious players in this game.  Folks, take your finger off the Sprint key now and then, you'll be amazed at all the AP mines (and prone campers) you'll spot.
    Exactly, people are constantly complaining that this game is too hard, or that the ttk is too long, when I find myself emptying almost entire clips to take out an enemy despite the fact that most of my shots were hits. Every game I'm on where the team dominates I see people playing their class, giving out health and ammo, reviving players, knowing when to run and when not to run, and almost every game I play where my team is completely obliterated I see hardly anyone doing anything of the sort. You have COD refugees that are coming to this game expecting things to be easy, expecting that they should be able to kill hoards of enemies. I have played battlefield since BF2 on PC, and spent years learning tactics and mechanics to get to the point of doing quite well in hardcore mode, often such as in BF4 leading an entire team of 32 to victory, and it was great, my hard work paid off. Now aside from visuals, it's like everything else about this game is just a slap to my face.
  • VOLBANKER
    870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE has silently killed the viability of AP Mines, now that two placed together only do 96-98 damage.
    It is just too cumbersome having to get 3 mines every time you want to place AP Mines.
    (assuming 3 AP Mines gets you the kill)

Might as well just remove them from the game.
    This is so typical DICE behaviour.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 4
    VOLBANKER said:
    DICE has silently killed the viability of AP Mines, now that two placed together only do 96-98 damage.
    It is just too cumbersome having to get 3 mines every time you want to place AP Mines.
    (assuming 3 AP Mines gets you the kill)

Might as well just remove them from the game.
    This is so typical DICE behaviour.
    They are a waste of time and effort now, DICE are underhand for nerfing and not saying anything. Do you think we won't notice? Yes might as well remove them from the game altogether as they are completely ineffective even in groups of 2. 

Nerfed to oblivion!
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'd bet that that most of those mines are being placed by Supports.  I can't imagine playing as Recon or Medic and equipping AP mines as they would replace a much more useful gadget.  But who knows, DICE keeps making doing damage with AP mines as Recon a daily assignment, so maybe people are trying for that.
    Considering the amount of medics in BF1 that didn't carry the syringe and heals I wouldn't be so sure.
  • ElliotLH
    7726 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Klendathu1987 said:

Not speaking for everyone obviously but Recon is the only class where I do mostly use AP mines. I'll only use the spawn beacon when I'm playing with friends.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited May 23
    I will seek help - 1000 and counting

https://ibb.co/h9yGmTh

• StormSaxon
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The nerf frenzy begins.

Nerf hip firing. Increase the recoil of all weapons being hip fired.
    Nerf all piat, panzerfaust and grenades please. Max 35 damage to Infantry... should do same as AP mines.
  • StormSaxon
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh dice. Nerf all bombs from bombers please. Should need two direct hits before I’m killed!!!

Oh nerf artillery too please.

And nerf ARs and SMGs. They should need to reload at least once before getting a kill.
  • xXMatte_RktXx
    15 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    AP mines useless? Great to hear! :D
  • StormSaxon
    edited May 23
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Klendathu1987 said:

Not speaking for everyone obviously but Recon is the only class where I do mostly use AP mines. I'll only use the spawn beacon when I'm playing with friends.

Same. Recon it’s good for covering doors and ladders as you know after sniping a couple of people one of the petty buggers is going to try and come up behind you. Good to blow them up. Even if they don’t die you can tell you injured some one so know they are coming and can wait with your revolver.

Support and medic you don’t need them. Support I prefer a crate/ammo with AT mines.
This discussion has been closed.