AP Mine spamming is getting out of hand, NERF desperately needed

Comments

• von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've never had an issue with getting killed with AP mines. It's not that hard to check common places like ammo crates and around corners that usually have high traffic, maybe if people would stop running constantly everywhere they go they'd stop to notice mines and other gadgets out in the field. Be happy that it doesn't take just one AP mine to kill you. This is suppose to be a tactical game, not COD or Halo. DICE, can I please have hardcore mode now? I'm beyond over this casual-catering nonsense.
    I watch teammates go right past enemy spawn beacons that are audible and visible, there are a lot of oblivious players in this game.  Folks, take your finger off the Sprint key now and then, you'll be amazed at all the AP mines (and prone campers) you'll spot.
    But wouldn't their MLG license get revoked?
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had a recent run in with the worst 'mine field' I have ever seen in a Battlefield game.

I was playing on Rotterdam as a Medic, finding a way to sneak on to the D flag, which the enemy had. A random Recon popped a flare, and the entire flag was littered with those pesky mines. I decided to slowly inch my way towards the building, and I found a bloody mine around every corner. I counted the number of mines on the objective.

11 AP MINES.

I destroyed them all, mostly because I had been reduced to moving only a few inches before finding another one of those damned things. If it wasn't for that Recon, I wouldn't have stood a chance.

Eventually, I found a small cluster of mines a bit further away from the objective ... I destroyed one of the mines, only to end up killing a camping MG42 user sitting in a corner. I wasn't surprised in the slightest.
  • StealthAria
    288 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I rarely see AP mines, not since launch, and I don't think I've ever died to them without already having taken a good chunk of damage.
    Even with them being available to 3 classes, they are almost always the worst gadget for them so no one actually runs them unless they are really focusing on defense and having to carry half the team.  It's hardly a situation where you call it spamming, let alone that it's out of hand.

Heck, you don't even need to really keep an eye out for them, they practically glow because Dice decided to crank their reflectiveness up way past 11.  And if you ever happen to miss one due to a bout of total blindness you just need to drop to prone when you hear their distinctive 'ping'.

What I do end up seeing way too much of is sticky dynamite, every Assault throws it on the moment it gets unlocked and slings it everywhere, constantly.  And it flies miles compared to its previously Recon-only predecessor, C4, and even compared to the standard dynamite from bf1 which still wasn't nearly as deadly.
  • Feney_exe
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ap mines are fine bruh they take soo much skill, you have to tactically place them in order to be effective and it works great when you find a nice dark camping spot and prone on you're back with an MMG while using the ap mines to protect you're rear. Dice should increase the amount of  AP mines you can carry to 5 and make them one hit kill because its super epic game play and super tactical /s
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had a recent run in with the worst 'mine field' I have ever seen in a Battlefield game.

I was playing on Rotterdam as a Medic, finding a way to sneak on to the D flag, which the enemy had. A random Recon popped a flare, and the entire flag was littered with those pesky mines. I decided to slowly inch my way towards the building, and I found a bloody mine around every corner. I counted the number of mines on the objective.

11 AP MINES.

I destroyed them all, mostly because I had been reduced to moving only a few inches before finding another one of those damned things. If it wasn't for that Recon, I wouldn't have stood a chance.

Eventually, I found a small cluster of mines a bit further away from the objective ... I destroyed one of the mines, only to end up killing a camping MG42 user sitting in a corner. I wasn't surprised in the slightest.

Yep, this is both insane and not that uncommon, and one of the reasons that drove me back to BF1. Mines in that game are perfectly balanced in comparison.
  • Hawxxeye
    5355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    But if you have to deal with more than 3 mines it is the result of teamwork
  • VOLBANKER
    966 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I’m completely opposite: I’m genuinely surprised there are so few people using mines. I see them at health and ammo stations sometimes, but that’s pretty much it.
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3306 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yep, this is both insane and not that uncommon, and one of the reasons that drove me back to BF1. Mines in that game are perfectly balanced in comparison.
    Tripwire bombs in BF1 were super easy to spot ... if you got killed by one, it was usually your fault. I got so used to spotting bombs that I could find one even if it's hiding in a dark part of a map. 

I could say the same for claymores in BF3/4, but these AP Mines in BFV ... bloody hell. They blend in very easily with debris, which makes things worse when you realise that BFV maps feature tons of debris everywhere. 

Walking around the cathedral in Devastation literally feels like walking on a proper minefield sometimes.

At least you can defuse them now, apparently.
  • ElliotLH
    8181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Tripwire bombs in BF1 were super easy to spot ... if you got killed by one, it was usually your fault. I got so used to spotting bombs that I could find one even if it's hiding in a dark part of a map. 

I could say the same for claymores in BF3/4, but these AP Mines in BFV ... bloody hell. They blend in very easily with debris, which makes things worse when you realise that BFV maps feature tons of debris everywhere. 

Walking around the cathedral in Devastation literally feels like walking on a proper minefield sometimes.

Doesn't help when they fall through debris on the floor. Some of mine did that on Devastation earlier today and I did admittedly feel a bit cheap when I got a kill. 
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

11 AP MINES.

So teamwork paid off for you, just like we've been told a million times it is supposed to.  Thanks to the help of a friendly Recon you didn't sprint in blindly and die.  Good to hear.

Almost every time I've died to AP mines I've known instantly it was my fault, I didn't peek a corner and instead ran down a hallway and couldn't stop in time even when I saw the clearly visible mines.  I no longer die to AP mines on ammo points because I learned to look for them however--it's amazing that some folks can't/won't do that.  Yesterday I had several situations where I saw AP mines and destroyed them from a safe distance, although one careless teammate set off one I was about to destroy although it didn't kill him.  AP mines are mostly avoidable, mostly.  And when they are not, oh well, you'll respawn in a few moments and continue with the game.  If everything in this game which annoys me were nerfed or removed, there wouldn't be much left--so I mostly just play the game and try to do a little better with each passing month.
  • sadboyltd
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Congrats, you won. They're now a useless gadget
  • ViolationofDerp
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @LOLGotYerTags can you close this thread please. It was started several patches ago and there are plenty of other threads discussing the newly introduced changes to AP mines.
  • Trokey66
    8256 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh I don't know.......
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12841 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Locked at OPs request 
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH said:

Doesn't help when they fall through debris on the floor. Some of mine did that on Devastation earlier today and I did admittedly feel a bit cheap when I got a kill. 
    I loved putting my AP mines in my own support ammo crate.  But sometimes they float to the top to see.  Tank mines in a ammo crate on a road is another cheap tactic of mine.
This discussion has been closed.