Try this fixes if you are crashing.

TapperSweden
202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 14
I have been having crashes every 5-15 min into the game since the latest patch and i have been trying every fix aviable, removing OC,setting BF V in admin mode,uninstall reinstall, removing Origin overlay,scan my disk for errors etc etc.

What finally fixed it for me was.

Increase the virtuall memory to the same size as your ram in the minimum size, take that number and add 2Gb to the max size ,in my case 1024 x 16= 16384Mb in the initial and 18384Mb in the maximum (since i have 16Gb of ram). Did not folow the maximum of x2 or x3 since i seen on other pages that you also can have the same number in initial and maximum or just add 2Gb like i did.

Here is a guide on how to manage the memory. This will aslo help with stutter if you suffer from that.
https://www.geeksinphoenix.com/blog/post/2016/05/10/how-to-manage-windows-10-virtual-memory.aspx

The second thing is in this clip below. I did not do the Provsafe Changes, just the High dpi scaling changes 1:35 min into this clip.

Sound: reset your sound settings and just use the stereo, choose whatever your using headphones or speakers, but dont change the stereo setting.

Screen: Dont use fullscreen, fullscreen has ben crashing BF 1 and even Bf V, so i im using borderless, dont altTab out of the game that can crash it to.

Msi afterburner latest version seems stable, but i have not been using the rtss part to do the Readings in game since i have seen people getting crashes untill they stoped the app from starting in windows autostart and removed the ingame readings.

I have the 1809 windows build with latest update KB4489899
Latest nvidia driver 419.35
And i play on DX11

I dont know which of these fixes that stoped the game from crashing, but now i have been playing for 5+ hours with zero crashes ( just the ordinary bugs lol ), and i even have my OC on both ram gpu and cpu back on.

So if this works for you, you can start by doing 1 change at the time ,play for several hours and if stable keep the change and if not change it back, I think the viritual memory and not using fullscreen is whats keep it from craching but i have not had the time to test if rtss on,sound etc is working or not.

I dont want to have a debate about if virtuall memory needs to be as big as the ramsize or not but windows actually recomends to have the same size as ram on the initial so thats what im using

Good luck to you.

Post edited by TapperSweden on

Comments

• dogtagSR
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 15
    I don't have any issues with BF5 particular (haven't tried it), try other games. All my games all crash since the KB4489899 ms update. (civ 6 and starcitizen, don't feel like playing BF5)
  • DiscoPr0
    88 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have had entire evenings of play with no crashes and other times it crashes within 5 minutes like today.

I have a feeling your problems will return. It is very intermittent.
  • SnoopTrooper187
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    New Windows update and a restart is working 3 hrs no crashing so far
  • TapperSweden
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17
    I have had entire evenings of play with no crashes and other times it crashes within 5 minutes like today.

I have a feeling your problems will return. It is very intermittent.

I could not last more then 20 minutes before, but i will test reverting 1 fix at the time, play a few hours and see if it crash.
    I will however leave the virtual memory at the same size as ram.
    Post edited by TapperSweden on
  • SnoopTrooper187
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    New Windows update and a restart is working 3 hrs no crashing so far

Still no Crash 3 more hours
  • Knurrgockel
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I refuse to doctor around with my system just to be able to use the software that I have paid for.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I refuse to doctor around with my system just to be able to use the software that I have paid for.

It is in your interest to know how to manage your system for such times when work arounds are required by the user. There are many too variables involved in PC gaming for it to be problem free and to simply blame the game. If it were the game alone, everyone who owned it would constantly be crashing which isn't the case, hence why its important to look into your system configuration, connection, and hardware.
  • Blu3ye
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey there!

According to what you guys have written here, I would like to let you know, that in my case my errors seem to be fixed by increasing free space on my system partition.

I have not done anything else but this. I will report back if crashes should happen again.
    Windows 10, Xeon E5649 OC, R9 290

Greetings
  • Blu3ye
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    OK. That wasn´t the problem. Got crashes again. Error 1000 in Windows application logs.
    Was running fine for a couple of days then crashed again. Did a game repair. Running fine after that for 1-2 days, too. Crashed again.

System is oc'ed but no problem with prime95, cpu-z benchmark, furmark, World War 3, Titanfall, Spec Ops. Really annoing!!!