4 months out and we are still in 1941.

Duece09
183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited March 14
We all know at this point that Dices plan was to continuously, very slowly at that, release content in chronological order of how the war went in real life. To a lot of people including me it was strange that a World War II game didn’t have battle of the bulge, Normandy, and other things like operation market Garden etc.

After hearing their plans for DLC going in order of the war at first I was thinking it was a great idea and very unique. Now I’m beginning to question it. Should they continue and go I had with their plan? Should They just say screw it and Add battle pass? Will we ever see those battles I mentioned before, Americans, Russians with Stalingrad, and the Pacific theater at this rate?
Post edited by Duece09 on

Comments

• ninjapenquinuk
    1327 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well seeing as the next map is Greece - possibly Crete i would assume that Eastern Front maps will be next seeing as Op. Barbarossa kicked off about 6 weeks after Crete.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1235 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Its groundhog day effect bud
  • ENKkii87
    197 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On reddit someone posted a comment from a dev that indicated quite heavily.that factions will come in the form of cosmetics outside of campaign missions.
  • Zviko0
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's been 4 months since release, not 6. I think it's good that they are not rushing through the war but there should be more content. 2, 3 maps not just 1 for every new chapter.
  • Tullzter
    851 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    6 months out..well in another 6 months, we'll be in 1942
  • Trokey66
    7286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tullzter wrote: »
    6 months out..well in another 6 months, we'll be in 1942

What, you mean a year is 12 months and not 6 which should actually be 4?
  • xKusagamix
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    The game is officially released in November, at least learn to count, eh?
  • Noodlesocks
    1870 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully the new roadmap at the end of the month will detail the rest of the year's content like their competitors have been doing.
  • wc138
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think a bigger issue is "6 months out and we still have very little game balance, too many glitches, and still awful hit detection."

But sure, it'd be great to get new broken stuff.
  • Duece09
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 14
    Haha, fixed the 6 months thing. Didn’t even catch that. Not sure why I said 6
  • CloneTrooperCT
    161 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    The game is officially released in November, at least learn to count, eh?

November the 20th, that's not even a full month of nov. So Dec 20, Jan 20, Feb 20 and soon march 20. 4 months out and 10 days for the gamers who have it on release day. Except the pre orders gamers, they have it a week earlier.
  • GrizzGolf
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All I care about is the M1 showing up
  • Redstripe101
    2198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    meanwhile the player base is level capped 4 months in 🤣🤣

• mrzamo1879
    78 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    4 months in and still no real new meaningful content. Even when we do get new content it’ll still be battles 99% of the player base has never heard of. We don’t want Rotterdam.. we want midway, wake island, Stalingrad!
  • Trokey66
    7286 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    mrzamo1879 wrote: »
    4 months in and still no real new meaningful content. Even when we do get new content it’ll still be battles 99% of the player base has never heard of. We don’t want Rotterdam.. we want midway, wake island, Stalingrad!

We?

Who is this 'we' you are talking about?

And if you haven't heard of the battles, take as a learning opportunity.
  • Skepticus66
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not coming.
  • Redstripe101
    2198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Duece09 wrote: »
    We all know at this point that Dices plan was to continuously, very slowly at that, release content in chronological order of how the war went in real life. To a lot of people including me it was strange that a World War II game didn’t have battle of the bulge, Normandy, and other things like operation market Garden etc.

After hearing their plans for DLC going in order of the war at first I was thinking it was a great idea and very unique. Now I’m beginning to question it. Should they continue and go I had with their plan? Should They just say screw it and Add battle pass? Will we ever see those battles I mentioned before, Americans, Russians with Stalingrad, and the Pacific theater at this rate?

When BF games had paid DLC (and Premium) they got more content and it came faster. Now we have Live Service, which means without revenue to pay development costs we will see new content at a trickle, and it will be bargain-basement, e.g. fictional vehicles based on existing models to save money making new vehicles, cosmetic skins rather than all-new factions, recycled weapons from BF1 and so on. Some players thought paid DLC "split the community" and were glad to see it gone, they thought free DLC sounded great. So they got what they wanted, free. This is what free gets you.

the game franchise was set to go into live service markets before bf5 was a thing, further more BF also went into a "multi year" release cycle which means every 2 years, like all EA games are going so they can supplement EA Access since its their most popular asset short of Madden and Fifa. And DICE came out and said "they" believed it split the community. So if they derived that from the community then they are cherry picking and that was known based on this games actual performance. DICE also said they delayed the launch because "we are cooking the best BF game in a very long time and want to get right". Retrospect is laughing at that statement.

• Redstripe101
    Atleast DICE got swedens role in the war right. Non existant unless trying to sell stuff to whoever buys it. ie iron ore to germany and intel to allies. Spot on