Worth Buying?

Comments

• dcs500
    1352 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Astr0damus wrote: »
    Here is a 30 second microcosm of what to expect in a nutshell:
    ===

===

They should have used that video for the launch trailer.

• disposalist
    8324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ===

===
    If you like that, there is plenty more where that came from buddy.
    I have lots of things to do, but hoo-boy, I can't pull myself away from all this fun!
    Im no fan of BF5 but to be fair you do have latency variation and packet loss symbols in that video. The same happens in BF1 and BF4 and any shooter if you have latency and packet loss.

Unless you are suggesting BF5 servers only are giving you the effects?
  • rifle77
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's one thing for someone to dislike this game based on real factors like the poor network performance or frequent crashing (which some players experience) or even because they just don't care for the maps or whatever. When asked for their opinion they have every right to say they don't recommend BFV for reasons a, b and c. It's a different matter when people with complaints get so melodramatic that they seem to be losing touch with reality. Sometimes they clearly don't know what they're talking about or at times posters will even say things that are flat-out false, they are that emotionally invested in hating this game.

E.g., DICE messed up (again) and accidentally buffed the AP mine, they've acknowledged this and said it will be fixed, and there have been multiple threads about this matter. But yesterday another guy started another thread about how OP the AP mine is and how it needs to be nerfed or better yet removed--he can't even be bothered to take a moment to see what has already repeatedly been posted about this before grabbing a pitchfork and a torch and posting his own rant. I'm sorry, but I just cannot take someone like that seriously, much less the guys who say that there is no anti-cheat in BFV when hack user forums have posts from cheaters who have been banned. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, nobody is entitled to just make up something and present it as fact.

You are talking about people being emotionally invested in hating this game, yet you've picked quite the pointless hill to die on as the self-proclaimed posting etiquette nance in servitude of these forums. Yes, sometimes people complain about stuff that other people have complained about, or exaggerate the issues they've seen, or just come here to vent about silly things- it's part of why forums exist. Padding your post count by lecturing everyone who doesn't relay their gripe in the way you've determined is the right way is a weird way to spend time, but to each their own.
  • Astr0damus
    2888 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ===

===
    If you like that, there is plenty more where that came from buddy.
    I have lots of things to do, but hoo-boy, I can't pull myself away from all this fun!
    Im no fan of BF5 but to be fair you do have latency variation and packet loss symbols in that video. The same happens in BF1 and BF4 and any shooter if you have latency and packet loss.

Unless you are suggesting BF5 servers only are giving you the effects?

I'm not sure what that has to do with a tank shooting me through a hill from 500 meters away, unless it was a lucky shot with bullet drop.
    It's possible.. but then as soon as I'm revivied.. an OP Plane kills me again... that was my point.
  • Tip_the_Cap
    171 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I say no. It's not worth it for many different reasons.

• parkingbrake
    3094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rifle77 wrote: »

It's one thing for someone to dislike this game based on real factors like the poor network performance or frequent crashing (which some players experience) or even because they just don't care for the maps or whatever. When asked for their opinion they have every right to say they don't recommend BFV for reasons a, b and c. It's a different matter when people with complaints get so melodramatic that they seem to be losing touch with reality. Sometimes they clearly don't know what they're talking about or at times posters will even say things that are flat-out false, they are that emotionally invested in hating this game.

E.g., DICE messed up (again) and accidentally buffed the AP mine, they've acknowledged this and said it will be fixed, and there have been multiple threads about this matter. But yesterday another guy started another thread about how OP the AP mine is and how it needs to be nerfed or better yet removed--he can't even be bothered to take a moment to see what has already repeatedly been posted about this before grabbing a pitchfork and a torch and posting his own rant. I'm sorry, but I just cannot take someone like that seriously, much less the guys who say that there is no anti-cheat in BFV when hack user forums have posts from cheaters who have been banned. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, nobody is entitled to just make up something and present it as fact.

You are talking about people being emotionally invested in hating this game, yet you've picked quite the pointless hill to die on as the self-proclaimed posting etiquette nance in servitude of these forums. Yes, sometimes people complain about stuff that other people have complained about, or exaggerate the issues they've seen, or just come here to vent about silly things- it's part of why forums exist. Padding your post count by lecturing everyone who doesn't relay their gripe in the way you've determined is the right way is a weird way to spend time, but to each their own.

LOL, padding my post count? Is there a prize for reaching a certain level? Darn, wish I'd known that sooner.

The signal to noise ratio can be so poor it's hard to find valid content, and by valid I mean something with its facts straight and reasoned in an adult manner (whether I agree with it or not). The discussion was about how and why people express their disappointment with BFV, I merely pointed out how often the complaints make little to no sense. If that upsets your tummy, oh well, at least I got another post out of it. You don't have to read them, you know.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I personally regret buying it. The gameplay is slow and campy. Many of the guns are boringly easy to use laser beams. The game in general feels very unpolished and incomplete.

If you can get it at a cheap price, then go ahead.
  • rifle77
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

The signal to noise ratio can be so poor it's hard to find valid content, and by valid I mean something with its facts straight and reasoned in an adult manner (whether I agree with it or not). The discussion was about how and why people express their disappointment with BFV, I merely pointed out how often the complaints make little to no sense. If that upsets your tummy, oh well, at least I got another post out of it. You don't have to read them, you know.

Sometimes people just want to come to the forums and say, "man I've been playing this game for a month and it sucks, I quit". It doesn't change anything, or make anything better. It's not a well reasoned opinion of the game. It's called venting, people do it in real life all the time. You trying to stop something that's human nature is laughable. What's more sad- the 800 people who come to the forums to say this sucks I quit, or the one guy who responds 800 times telling people they need to form a more valid argument and express it in a more adult manner? Let me know when you've changed humanity, my tummy will appreciate it.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Sometimes people just want to come to the forums and say, "man I've been playing this game for a month and it sucks, I quit". It doesn't change anything, or make anything better. It's not a well reasoned opinion of the game. It's called venting, people do it in real life all the time. You trying to stop something that's human nature is laughable. What's more sad- the 800 people who come to the forums to say this sucks I quit, or the one guy who responds 800 times telling people they need to form a more valid argument and express it in a more adult manner? Let me know when you've changed humanity, my tummy will appreciate it.

No, whats really sad is the same 20 or 25 guy's who live on this forum day and night seven days a week making and commenting on posts 800 times about their hate for the game. The basement dwelling trolls, or what ever you want to call them. People have every right to rebut their over exaggerated and entitled nonsense.
  • Prep768
    3405 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    More examples of what to expect if you purchase
  • MAJWolfcookies
    495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Buy it used for no more than $15. That’s what it’s worth. A large popcorn at the movies, or large pack of toilet paper. Or a value pack of Summer’s Eve. All are worth more than BFV.
  • parkingbrake
    3094 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Of course they come here to vent, it's the age of the internet when anyone with net access and an opinion is free to broadcast it to the world. And if they don't know what they're talking about or they have some emotional problems that keep them from thinking clearly, oh well, so long as they can type then they get to tell us all how, "It sucks dude!".

BTW, your belief that I'm trying to stop them from having their say is a bit odd. All I'm doing is exactly what they're doing, saying my piece, which for some reason triggers this response from you. Okay, knock yourself out.
  • bavneet7
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Don't buy it! Don't even look at this joke of a game full of bugs and no content. Save yourself some rage, money and some valuable time.

You'll thank yourself later.
  • Prep768
    3405 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You could try the single player stories, offline should be no problem, right?

....... wrong
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Prep768 wrote: »

....... wrong

LMAO! So glad I play on the PC. I think the console players got the crappy end of the stick this go around, I haven't experienced a tenth of the bugs you guy's have. Dice actually did a..... Not perfect, but pretty good job with the PC version of this game.
    Maybe thats why we're at odds all the time.
  • Prep768

....... wrong

LMAO! So glad I play on the PC. I think the console players got the crappy end of the stick this go around, I haven't experienced a tenth of the bugs you guy's have. Dice actually did a..... Not perfect, but pretty good job with the PC version of this game.

You got that new one where your screen turns a yellow haze screen whilst healing? Since the update of course
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic

....... wrong

You got that new one where your screen turns a yellow haze screen whilst healing? Since the update of course

It turns yellow when I take a specific amount of damage, but I havent noticed it turning yellow while healing someone as a medic if thats what you mean. Thats not a bug, the dev's on Twitter have said thats it's fully intentional, but will be toned down. It's just there as a visual cue to let you know that your player health is in a critical state.
  • Prep768

....... wrong

It turns yellow when I take a specific amount of damage, but I havent noticed it turning yellow while healing someone as a medic if thats what you mean. Thats not a bug, the dev's on Twitter have said thats it's fully intentional, but will be toned down. It's just there as a visual cue to let you know that your player health is in a critical state.

So chav yellow spray tan screen is intentional!? Wow
  • TFBisquit
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

....... wrong

Yes, loosing 10% is critical. Can't imagine surviving on 80 or 90% health. Good of them to add yellow haze, on top of the sound and screen effects when your really low on health. a perfect combination.
    Nah, I don't need the screen to turn yellow everytime I'm hit by a bullet.
    So is it still worth it to buy this game on a budget?
    Take away that awfull yellow tint and then I say, yes.
    But keep in mind that the poor visibility is a real game breaker in most maps. You will overcome this by playing them for many hours, because then you roughly know where to expect your enemies to be hiding and waiting for you.