Accuracy and recoil mechanics...

Tovarisch_Maxim
120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
edited March 15
Do you want to know why are some guns seem to be so powerfull, popular and over used in hands of veteran/experienced players? You guessed it right, recoil counterering. (Yes, when you move your mouse down to counter the recoil)

Honestly, I do not like that the veterans with Ultra-MLG skills get such advantage towards more "casual" players who simply wants to enjoy the game. Recoil countering makes fast firing CQR weapons extremely overpowered.

I used the Scar-H, slow firing, accurate and hard hitting, which makes it the ideal weapon for my fitting playstyle. I was this, taking my aim, waiting for the enemy player to come out of It's cover, once he leaves the cover I make my first shots at it, I hit him once, two, even three times, ah he doesent care, takes his fkin AEK-971 out and he kills you with his extreme fast rate of fire and a combo of the laser beam accuracy, which makes you die in literaly milleseconds which is frustrating and unfair.

I'm not sure how it is in Battlefield 5, but watching It's videos It's obvious that the weapons are extremely laser-beam accurate in the hands of veteran players, no different from battlefield 4.

TL;DR Version:
Please, better gun mechanics, EA. CQC weapons with fast firerate and laser beam accuray is complete BS.

Comments

• HonestSoul333
    1393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 15
    This is a problem with just about any shooter. And one of the main reasons i quit playing games like PUBG. There was just no way i could get on these guys level... Unfortunately there isn't much devs can do about it. People are going to no life any game and become gods on the battlefield.

And nerfing stuff just makes things worse for everyone. BF4 went though that a lot.
  • Tovarisch_Maxim
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited March 15
    This is a problem with just about any shooter. And one of the main reasons i quit playing games like PUBG. There was just no way i could get on these guys level... Unfortunately there isn't much devs can do about it. People are going to no life any game and become gods on the battlefield.

Well thats sad and dissapointing at It's best. You want to find yourself a game you want to enjoy. I join a server to just enjoy a battlefield gameplay experience, picking up a loadout you want to try out, but at the end of the day just ending up being smeared down by the laser accurate AEK jocks or MLG quickscoping sniper which makes me quit the match in frustration.

Battlefield 4 always leaved me this exotic feeling of adventure with those epic graphics, well detailedly designed maps in an epic large scale modern setting war and the great loadout customisation which allows you to make an loadout to your taste, but all of this experience gets washed out by those annoying try-hards and you know, the "Call of duty quickscoper" type crowd of players.
    And nerfing stuff just makes things worse for everyone. BF4 went though that a lot.

Sadly it is the only way. I'm not asking for direct nerf's, I'm just asking for a better damage model mechanics, and recoil should be amped up because it looks non-existent.

If you want my personal recommendation for the developers, I think they need to implent a proper singleplayer experience. I want the option to play Conquest, Team Deathmath or Rush with bots in either pure singleplayer or co-op with friends, the current co-op and singleplayer campaign we have now is just trash. Sure, story mode singleplayer campaign also should stay because sometimes you want to play to follow a deep story. EA should not catter to the "We want competitive multiplayer" Try-hard crowd, they should just do what they think is best for the battlefield game. Experience, immersion, fun and authecity should be the goal of the game, they are just going against what is battlefield known for by over-focusing on competitive multiplayer to catter to the try-hard call of duty crowd.
  • HonestSoul333
    1393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 15
    Yeah a single player practice mode could be nice. And a good weapon ballance is obviously a good thing. Albeit in a game like BF4, with at least 100 different primaries, thats next to impossible.

The best solution would be making it to where easy going players dont get matched with the leet mlg payers in yhe first place.
    A good skill based matchmaking system is what every pvp game needs. Unfortunately not every game has them, and the ones that do are flawed and/or have exploits. Such as purposefully dying a few games in a row to lower your kd and score so they will be matched with worse players than themselves...

Also have to agree that i hate this "competitive" approach shooters have been getting these days. Cod has especially been ruined by it. All the maps are the same 3 lane boring mess... Battlefield seems to be doing it too with objective placement. Which also leads to some sometimes symmetrical boring maps.
    Wish devs would go back to making maps that looked cool and were fun to play. Honestly i like the old quirky maps for their overpowered positions and impossible to capture locations. Idk why but there was something fun about it. Especially if your team got a hold if these spots ;)
    Post edited by HonestSoul333 on