Revolver

2»

Comments

• xKusagamix
    788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    For real?
  • danosta
    427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GeneralXIV wrote: »
    In my experience, the revolver is the only usable one... the sidearms seemed fine in the beta imo. Im not sure what happened after that but most are useless. :P

100% true. Wish theyd go back to the beta side arms.
  • danosta
    427 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    All side arms need a serious buff. Need to be viable again like they were in bf1.
  • Gravlar_SN9
    267 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you get the drop on someone with the revolver it’s devastating. If you miss one shot or they see you at the same time you’re almost always going to lose the fight. It’s not OP and it’s the only weapon that makes aggressive recon remotely viable.
  • GeneralXIV
    195 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    danosta wrote: »
    GeneralXIV wrote: »
    In my experience, the revolver is the only usable one... the sidearms seemed fine in the beta imo. Im not sure what happened after that but most are useless. :P

100% true. Wish theyd go back to the beta side arms.

I actually have quite a few clips from the beta where Im using pistols because I used them often.

Like this:

Er... just a disclaimer. That video does come from a time where the only similar game Id played was Battlefront II and I had never played Battlefield before and I had no idea what I was doing. I hid most of the time so I wouldn't be killed, and I was proud of myself if I even got 1 kill... those were fun days :D

But seriously. Pistols were good then. Even with my terrible aim :P Now I only use the Revolver. I think the Liberator especially is just meh.
  • Woodlbrad
    496 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    All the other pistols need a buff they are garbage these Dev's are literally clueless when it comes to balance. This game has the worst pistols in the franchise they were fine in bf1 why were they made near useless this time around?
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nah. Buff the other sidearms. Keep the revolver as it is.

Your sidearm isn't only meant for when you run out of primary ammo. When playing recon or using an MMG, it's an essential part of your kit while moving through CQB areas. It becomes your primary weapon as recon when moving through CQB areas or on enclosed objective areas.
  • MarxistDictator
    4758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I was hoping this was gonna be a thread about how cool it'd be if it was as good as the auto revolver in BF1.

The Auto Revolver only has 25 RPM faster RoF to its edge, the MK IV in BF V can one shot, has a slightly longer 2 hit kill distance and 22 min damage.
  • Agent_Talon
    399 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a player with the revolver on all my kits I'm going to go ahead and say no to the OP. As others have said it's the only real sidearm in the game and with the insane TTK of primary weapons it's the only one that feels correctly built/balanced. All the others feel like leftovers from a separate TTK or game entirely.
  • Mangrey
    159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    MkFrancis wrote: »
    LOL this is hilarious, its not OP its a high caliber revolver.

with that in mind .... The MG34/42 and FG-42 uses the same type of ammo as the German sniper...... maby it is time to rethink your post
  • bran1986
    5396 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lol, the other sidearms need a buff.

If you buff the other pistols too much they will start to out fire smgs.
  • TFBisquit
    1022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game is a 1HK game. Revolver just proofs that again.
    For the rest it doesn't matter since everybody can equip it, and there are some other 1HK weapons being used all the time.
    Apparently that's what people want, so I don't really get the discussions about TTK and TTD. But that's another thread.
  • crusam7
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Contrary the game need a fast switch weapon for sniper. Battlefield becomes bad becouse DICE hear to players like you. Have a good day
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nerf the freaking revolver. 2 shot kills from a sidearm should never be okay. I honestly think all the sidearm should take at least 1 maybe even 2 more hits to kill someone. Side arms are supposed to be a i ran completely out of ammo im in dire straights kind of a weapon. It should always be an absolute last resort tool.

Some of the self loading rifles are 2 shot kills as well why dont you want them nerfed??Sounds to me like you are just salty some player repeatedly killed you with a side arm.So sick of crybaby threads like this.
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nerf the freaking revolver. 2 shot kills from a sidearm should never be okay. I honestly think all the sidearm should take at least 1 maybe even 2 more hits to kill someone. Side arms are supposed to be a i ran completely out of ammo im in dire straights kind of a weapon. It should always be an absolute last resort tool.

i want obrez pistol 1shot hs kill in BFV!!

yesterday my squad and me went liberator knife only and it sucks so hard... we need a proper 1 bullet Pistol.
    Dice pls add Obrez pistol from BF1! thx :smile:
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ypsilon-Oh wrote: »

i want obrez pistol 1shot hs kill in BFV!!

yesterday my squad and me went liberator knife only and it sucks so hard... we need a proper 1 bullet Pistol.
    Dice pls add Obrez pistol from BF1! thx :smile:

I think the Liberator is supposed to be more of a meme pistol like the Kolibri than an actual useful pistol like the Obrez. One where if you kill an enemy with it, they'll either laugh or get annoyed with themselves because it's really weak. That said, I actually think buffing it so it's a OHK at extreme close range (<5m) wouldn't be a bad idea, because at the moment it's actually impossible to kill a full health enemy with it.
    And yeah, I agree with the person saying that actually sidearms aren't supposed to just be a last resort weapon and should be at least usable - obviously they shouldn't outgun a primary weapon in an all-out shoot out, but if you're attacking from the side or get the first shot or two off you should be able to win or at least stand a chance. Honestly most of them feel like just making it one less BTK at close range would do this perfectly fine, then make the mid-range model more like the current close-range one. Obviously it would need some tweaks, but at the moment the only two sidearms really worth equipping are the Revolver and the M1911.
  • GlaeschenMaggi
    114 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Ypsilon-Oh that would be awesome. The Obrez used to be my favourite gun in Battlefield 1 which is why I have got 100 service stars with it. In one game on Argonne forest I once played Obrez only and managed to kill 60 enemies in one round of conquest. Amusingly that was the round when I completed the 100 service star assignment. I would really like to have it back unchanged from Battlefield 1 :D
  • Ypsilon-Oh
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Ypsilon-Oh that would be awesome. The Obrez used to be my favourite gun in Battlefield 1 which is why I have got 100 service stars with it. In one game on Argonne forest I once played Obrez only and managed to kill 60 enemies in one round of conquest. Amusingly that was the round when I completed the 100 service star assignment. I would really like to have it back unchanged from Battlefield 1 :D

Obrez is also my secondary with most kills... but only 6 servicestars (what seems pretty good cuz i always forget my secondary)
    I really enjoy the way it feels and i hope we will get something like the Obrez for V !!!