This Week in Battlefield V

10 new multiplayer maps or battleroyale?

2»

Comments

• doctorrocktor
    1800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well they said the road map potentially will be out friday,if things go to plan as they need the go ahead.I love this game but it seems all we are hearing about is firestorm.I would say 90 per cent of the player base want mp info.good news is he stated greece will be in chapter 3 whenever that is.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18
    Well they said the road map potentially will be out friday,if things go to plan as they need the go ahead.I love this game but it seems all we are hearing about is firestorm.I would say 90 per cent of the player base want mp info.good news is he stated greece will be in chapter 3 whenever that is.

If the next couple of ToW stages only bring a couple of MP maps it will be a complete disaster and everybody knows it.
    EA's eternal greed brought BR upon us and if that decision also cuts proper content, loads and loads of people will be very very upset.
  • doctorrocktor
    1800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If the next couple of ToW stages only bring a couple of MP maps it will be a complete disaster and everybody knows it.
    EA's eternal greed brought BR upon us and if that decision also cuts proper content, loads and loads of people will be very very upset.
    Agree this road map better be a great one,but I'm starting to fear for bfv with this silence and potential delays,we shall see.no doubt the post will be up on here soon from braddock as it was posted on reddit about 40 min ago.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with you guys but expect the roadmap to be lackluster at this point. Free dlc games usually do drip feed content and sadly battlefield is free dlc now. Many people will miss premium. I honestly don’t even wanna see a roadmap for this game anymore lol 😭
  • Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Whilst I have no doubt that the BR mode will be well received and no doubt a fun diversion, I think it's just one of many design errors for this game to appeal to the core playerbase.

If I want to play BR, I already have PUBG, Fortnite and Apex.

If I want to play Battlefield, I want to play BATTLEFIELD.

This BR diversion has clearly drawn much needed resources from the core game development and has driven away much of the playerbase which is a real shame.

Battlefield is my personal 'core' FPS franchise and although I hate Battlefield 5 in general (for various reasons) I feel like this effort to try and follow the current market trends was the wrong direction for the franchise.

Even if it's the best BR mode out there today, I know this will just suck resources away from the core Battlefield game development that Battlefield 5 still desperately needs.

I really hate to say this, but I actually hope that Firestorm is a dismal failure so DICE can return to their roots and focus on the Battlefield core experience instead.
  • CSO7777
    1194 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Austacker wrote: »

Whilst I have no doubt that the BR mode will be well received and no doubt a fun diversion, I think it's just one of many design errors for this game to appeal to the core playerbase.

If I want to play BR, I already have PUBG, Fortnite and Apex.

If I want to play Battlefield, I want to play BATTLEFIELD.

This BR diversion has clearly drawn much needed resources from the core game development and has driven away much of the playerbase which is a real shame.

Battlefield is my personal 'core' FPS franchise and although I hate Battlefield 5 in general (for various reasons) I feel like this effort to try and follow the current market trends was the wrong direction for the franchise.

Even if it's the best BR mode out there today, I know this will just suck resources away from the core Battlefield game development that Battlefield 5 still desperately needs.

I really hate to say this, but I actually hope that Firestorm is a dismal failure so DICE can return to their roots and focus on the Battlefield core experience instead.
    People keeps saying this, but it's still not Dice that are responsible for the BR-mode. Of course they have used some time on it, but it's still not Dice that made the BR-mode and the majority of time is used by Criterion. A lot of the new things has nothing to do with BR, almost any change from older titles are made because people complained about game-mechanics in the previous titles (on the forums/reddit and by "noteable" youtubers).

People make it sound like if there wasn't any BR in the game, we would have had a lot of new content. In reality Dice has enough to do just fixing bugs, and that has nothing to do with BR, but instead because of a rushed release schedule. They only had a year for this game (after SWBF2), which is clearly not enough (just look at the state of the game).

And big companies like EA always follow the market-trends, they have stock-markets and investors to please. Unfortunately without "big money" like EA, games like BFV are not possible to make today.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    Personally, I think its even more of a shame if firestorm actually hasn't been sucking resources from the main game. That would really mean there's no excuse for the lack of quality post release content.
  • JediMastaWyn
    490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 19
    I'd take 10 maps Firestorm looks like one of the Scandinavian maps from world of Tanks

If Criterion are making Firestorm, which is what I keep hearing. Then what on earth have DICE been working on! Bugfixes? BF4 needed bug fixing but we still received Second assault and China rising by this date!

They are banking on firestorm taking the place of DLC map packs
  • GP-Caliber
    644 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BR. it can freshen up a franchise that has been stale for 4 years.
  • ReignerDeustcher
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    10 maps without a doubt
    i really hope BR fails
  • Kashik1985
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If Criterion are making Firestorm, which is what I keep hearing. Then what on earth have DICE been working on!

BF6
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

If Criterion are making Firestorm, which is what I keep hearing. Then what on earth have DICE been working on! Bugfixes? BF4 needed bug fixing but we still received Second assault and China rising by this date!

Nobody knows as Dice stays silent most of the time. Well, we're promised an update for the roadmap at the end of this week. But I'm almost 100% positive there won't be anything exiting or worth the wait. It seems to me and many people that Dice is slacking and not much effort is being put to create proper content for BFV. Mostly because there is no Premium and nobody actually promised anything specific.
    At this moment the game requires many bugfixes, balance changes and general quality of life support besides more content. But in realty all we get is more pointless "talking threads" here.
    If people think the situation is sad right now I can't imagine what's to come.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2891 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Agree this road map better be a great one,but I'm starting to fear for bfv with this silence and potential delays,we shall see.no doubt the post will be up on here soon from braddock as it was posted on reddit about 40 min ago.

Silence is my biggest fear in game development. If Dice had something really exciting, they would've shown us already. Take BF1 for example. During this time TSNP DLC was already out and Dice had revealed full roadmap with all DLCs. Yet with BF5 we know nothing at all apart from BR which is simple PR move, and some unknown map that we have 0 information on except that its set in Greece.
  • Billydoc1
    519 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    more maps & nations & battles...no BR poop...sorry