Weekly Debrief

Can we please stop hating on BF1

124»

Comments

• trip1ex
    4773 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 really pushed this new direction for BF games into boring Conquest rounds with ring around the rosie gameplay. It started this new class of annoying animations. IT had its own share of poor visuals only mitigated somewhat by 3d spotting. It had Premium but first set of maps came 5 months after launch. DLC went super infantry centric. The maps all shrunk and we didn't get any big vehicle maps. It started allowing players to pick what vehicle they wanted to use on a map which resulted in a lot of selfish play and less teamplay. also led to dumb gameplay where oh you got a bomber, I'll get an attack plane. Oh you got an attack plane, i'll get a fighter. Oh you got this fighter, I will get the dogfighter.

It started breaking things with patches as much as fixing them. so many patches broke features and then let them stay broke for a month or two until they could fix them again.

IT did the whole ttk 2.0 1 year into the game's lifespan which only put another 3 feet of dirt over the game. And resulted in lots of prone lasers from across the map.

BF1 also had its share of laser distance weapons. The OHK sniper crap. The insta-heal medics from 100m. And then post-patch the laser prone lmgs.

It also gave started the Assault is both AT and the CQC class. Never quite sure why they went that direction except anyone that played the game before knows those 2 roles turn games in BF. YOu need players to weed out enemies in flag zones and you need to keep armor down. All this talk about teamplay but this combines 2 most important/most needed roles into one in BF.

BF1 also did the fog thing to level 11. You could play a day and play 100% fogged maps. It happened.

• KPNuts74
    501 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Minigun991 wrote: »
    This cliché argument going around that BFV is better cause it’s harder is pointless, and wrong.

The fact is BFV is just as easy. You can rank up to max rank in a week. You can put a scope on your assault rifle and make it into a automatic sniper rifle.

You can get 6+ with a bomber no problem. Or any other aircraft because the skill tree has the depth of a puddle. It’s ether one side is super good and the other is unappealing.

Also, YOU NEVER RUN OUT OF AMMO. This is a first for me, cause there is a resupply station everywhere.

These people need to stop putting others down cause they enjoy BF1. BF1 was fun and did great for battlefield. With over 4 million players logging in. Also it’s launch was smooth, and DLC wile slow, had a lot of new stuff.

If you don’t like BF1, fine. But these people sitting there and act like they require more skill cause they play BFV is a lie. You’re lying to yourself, or you play medic, cause that requires skill.

And the objective truth is, BF1 helped the battlefield franchise, with its sales. All BFV did was hurt it with its political message, and no innovation to the franchise.

All I’ve seen from the community recently is hate on BFV (often with people looking back at BF1 through rose tinted glasses).
  • azelenkin0306
    560 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    People can hate BF1 as much they want but it is the most successful BF to date - and that's a fact. Like it or not - it's all subjective. I don't like this **** Apex Legends, but it doesn't change the fact that this game is a huge success.

In terms of sales BF1 **** on BFV and that's a fact. I don't like many things in BF1 (stupid bombers and Mortar Trucks in Operations, Sweet Spot, Hipfire insane accuracy, no weapon sway, unlimited sprinting and etc.), but this game was finished, polished and had a solid design. BFV is trying to be everything and fails or just generic in most of the aspects.
  • azelenkin0306
    trip1ex wrote: »
    BF1 really pushed this new direction for BF games into boring Conquest rounds with ring around the rosie gameplay. It started this new class of annoying animations. IT had its own share of poor visuals only mitigated somewhat by 3d spotting. It had Premium but first set of maps came 5 months after launch. DLC went super infantry centric. The maps all shrunk and we didn't get any big vehicle maps. It started allowing players to pick what vehicle they wanted to use on a map which resulted in a lot of selfish play and less teamplay. also led to dumb gameplay where oh you got a bomber, I'll get an attack plane. Oh you got an attack plane, i'll get a fighter. Oh you got this fighter, I will get the dogfighter.

It started breaking things with patches as much as fixing them. so many patches broke features and then let them stay broke for a month or two until they could fix them again.

IT did the whole ttk 2.0 1 year into the game's lifespan which only put another 3 feet of dirt over the game. And resulted in lots of prone lasers from across the map.

BF1 also had its share of laser distance weapons. The OHK sniper crap. The insta-heal medics from 100m. And then post-patch the laser prone lmgs.

It also gave started the Assault is both AT and the CQC class. Never quite sure why they went that direction except anyone that played the game before knows those 2 roles turn games in BF. YOu need players to weed out enemies in flag zones and you need to keep armor down. All this talk about teamplay but this combines 2 most important/most needed roles into one in BF.

BF1 also did the fog thing to level 11. You could play a day and play 100% fogged maps. It happened.

TTK2.0 killed a huge portion of fun in this game, having made half of weapons obsolete. Then they buffed SMG08, Bombers and Mortar Trucks. From that moment Operations have become a ****
  • azelenkin0306
    The only redeeming aspect of BF1 was how easy and casual it was to play. The player base were zombies as well, so I could easily farm kills over and over again - sometimes while throwing back of couple of beers. So easy! Hipfire was OP. So casual and required no skill. LOL. Garbage game.

Maybe you should've challenged yourself more and put down whatever smg you were 100 stars with once in a while?

Also BF1 best killsound ever!

I did. In the end I was running around with only my hatchet and still racking up 70 kills and bored... sad!

I’ll give you the killsound. It’s pretty good compared to BFHL.

Cool story. Keep them coming. I like fairy tales. One day I've managed to kill 40 people with syringe :)
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    same game, different skins.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmjSl2amw1Q0gWuV1qrpRMOarg32

prove me wrong