This Week in Battlefield V

Medic is an underrated class.

Comments

• Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Pelliy wrote: »
    If you're not abusing the speed boost/movement, self heal and smokes i don't want to hear about "this class sucks" because they clearly aren't using it to its full potential. Its easily my best class(with an effect on the game and score potential) and i main assault.

I'm not aware of that. Is that the default combat role? If it's not, I'm going to change it to that.

First Combat Role

You receive a speed boost as soon as you Q a downed teammate. Its very noticeable and can be deadly in quick engagements. Of course since a down player can be halfway across the map you can still q him and receive the boost even if you cant reach him.

The fact that you can spam heals /revives constantly and speed boost to sites quickly is why my spm is over 750 on medic

Today I learned. I didn't know what.

Lol man, I'm going to start boosting ..spot q on people I have no intention of reviving to run away faster :D
  • VOLBANKER
    1008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17
    Medic is superb for aggressive play using hipfire (ZK-383, Suomi, Thompson, MP28).
    These are the only medic weapons I use lately.

As for Hamada it really is not a problem to play (aggressive) medic on that map either.
    The only flag I feel I have trouble getting is C.
    My favorite flags are D, E, F, A, B, G, C in that order.
    (I love playing Devastation, and Hamada comes right after.
    Therefore I’ve played both maps quite a lot, all the time as aggressive medic.
    It’s a lot of fun!)

EDIT:
    I play Conquest exclusively, except when I’m joining friends and they’re playing one of the other modes.
  • bran1986
    5689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you're not abusing the speed boost/movement, self heal and smokes i don't want to hear about "this class sucks" because they clearly aren't using it to its full potential. Its easily my best class(with an effect on the game and score potential) and i main assault.

I'm not aware of that. Is that the default combat role? If it's not, I'm going to change it to that.

First Combat Role

You receive a speed boost as soon as you Q a downed teammate. Its very noticeable and can be deadly in quick engagements. Of course since a down player can be halfway across the map you can still q him and receive the boost even if you cant reach him.

The fact that you can spam heals /revives constantly and speed boost to sites quickly is why my spm is over 750 on medic

Lol man, I'm going to start boosting ..spot q on people I have no intention of reviving to run away faster :D

I use it from time to time to get away faster, I try to get back and revive the person if I have smoke.
  • Noodle5817
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree it’s a very underrated class. I’ve been playing it primarily a lot lately and I’m loving the MP34. I’m consistently top 3 on my team not only in kills but total score. I do wish they had more of a long range option though. And I think the SMG’s need a bit of a buff because they are outclassed by the AR’s at just about every range. I also think they could use some form of explosive like maybe AT mines or something. I hate running medic and feeling completely useless when there’s a tank in the area. All I can really do is smoke it and hope someone else is smart enough to rush it.

I think some of the weapons should be shared between classes. Maybe giving the medics a rifle option and also giving recons a shotgun or SMG option. I loved playing an aggressive recon running a shotgun and throwing out a ton of spots for my team in previous games since I’m not all that great with the snipers.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

First Combat Role

I use it from time to time to get away faster, I try to get back and revive the person if I have smoke.

Lol Now I'm totally going to feel like bangalore. Is tehre a cool down on this thing?

Poppin' smoke! double timin' it!
  • Pelliy
    Noodle5817 wrote: »
    I agree it’s a very underrated class. I’ve been playing it primarily a lot lately and I’m loving the MP34. I’m consistently top 3 on my team not only in kills but total score. I do wish they had more of a long range option though. And I think the SMG’s need a bit of a buff because they are outclassed by the AR’s at just about every range. I also think they could use some form of explosive like maybe AT mines or something. I hate running medic and feeling completely useless when there’s a tank in the area. All I can really do is smoke it and hope someone else is smart enough to rush it.

I think some of the weapons should be shared between classes. Maybe giving the medics a rifle option and also giving recons a shotgun or SMG option. I loved playing an aggressive recon running a shotgun and throwing out a ton of spots for my team in previous games since I’m not all that great with the snipers.

I think they need a long range too, but I think the smokes allow people to get around that, mask themselves and take on gunfights closer to their situation. There's so many times where I'd pop the smoke right in front of the enemy and he's shooting through the smoke wondering where am I and I just flank around the smoke and kill him.
    '
    I'm getting personal records in kills playing medic. being a medic allows for extremely aggressive gameplay.
  • bran1986
    5689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

First Combat Role

Lol Now I'm totally going to feel like bangalore. Is tehre a cool down on this thing?

As far as I can tell there isn't or if there is it is so quick that you will never notice it. For instance today I spotted a teammate for revive but he skipped the revive, I turned around and spotted another and still got the boost. At launch I think it was borked because I never noticed any difference but in the last month or so you feel it. Someone in the chat called me a speed hacker :lol:
  • Pelliy

First Combat Role

As far as I can tell there isn't or if there is it is so quick that you will never notice it. For instance today I spotted a teammate for revive but he skipped the revive, I turned around and spotted another and still got the boost. At launch I think it was borked because I never noticed any difference but in the last month or so you feel it. Someone in the chat called me a speed hacker :lol:

I've never noticed it,maybe because I played medic on bf1 and got use to the speed boost there. Idk I mean I noticed It looked like I was running faster. I always wondered why am I able to make it to the guy when he has like 0.seconds left but I thought maybe my fov made it look faster. Idk even though I play at the same FOV LOL.
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed - as long as you use it right you can do very well with it, but it's really ill-suited for certain maps such as Hamada (on the whole - obviously it can do well in the upper flags, the E and F cluster and D where there's more cover and buildings, but outside of objectives it tends to suffer a lot) because it's only got SMGs which are obviously fairly weak at long range. Giving it a few faster firing semi-auto rifles similar to the M1A1, Gewehr 1-5 and Turner SMLE would make it much more usable at mid range, offering a slightly different playstyle.
    I feel like some people maybe find it weak because they're not used to it having close-range weapons after BF1? This is my first Battlefield game, so it's just been in my head from the start that I need to get in close, don't engage past 30ish metres, and before I got this game I played a free game called Warface for a few months where the Medic class had shotguns, so going from that game to this one I was used to having to get in close to revive and do some damage.
  • Pelliy
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    Agreed - as long as you use it right you can do very well with it, but it's really ill-suited for certain maps such as Hamada (on the whole - obviously it can do well in the upper flags, the E and F cluster and D where there's more cover and buildings, but outside of objectives it tends to suffer a lot) because it's only got SMGs which are obviously fairly weak at long range. Giving it a few faster firing semi-auto rifles similar to the M1A1, Gewehr 1-5 and Turner SMLE would make it much more usable at mid range, offering a slightly different playstyle.
    I feel like some people maybe find it weak because they're not used to it having close-range weapons after BF1? This is my first Battlefield game, so it's just been in my head from the start that I need to get in close, don't engage past 30ish metres, and before I got this game I played a free game called Warface for a few months where the Medic class had shotguns, so going from that game to this one I was used to having to get in close to revive and do some damage.

its not suitable for hamada CQ but it can work in hamada airborne, hamada breakthrough just fine.

I was one of those people that found it initially weak. I just didn't like I couldn't challenge medic longer rangers with it and getting beat by ARs. I still think there's some slight issue there, because as a whole people don't like that and so less people play medic

But as I got to play the game more, I started to see what other players were saying about medic being underrated and to some extent "ez" compared to the other classes. I can play aggressive as medic, but you don't need to be as aggressive to play it and do really well. You can be passive aggressive and do well with it.
  • GrumbleSG9
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Noodle5817 wrote: »
    I hate running medic and feeling completely useless when there’s a tank in the area. All I can really do is smoke it and hope someone else is smart enough to rush it.

My favourite "tactic" (more a display of insanity than a tactic) when I come across a tank as medic is to harass them with smoke, get in close, run around it maniacally whilst pinging the F out if it until the team takes notice. It has worked out quite well on many occasions. (We'll not talk about the times it doesn't. :s )
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    the main problem with the medic is the sheer lack of versatility.
    you have only 2 SMGs that are more effective then most ARs and LMGs in CQC that being the suomi and m1928A and if you want the ZK but thats it all other SMGs are just worse in comparison in every comparable category. sure self heal is useful but TTK will get you more often then not and since everyone has at least one pouch its a more even playingfield. Squadreviving as mentioned before decreased the need for medics a lot. and if everyone can revive now maybe everyone should be able to repair tanks so support gets the same treatment?
    assault and support are just simply more versaitle in every singe scenario you put them in and thats what most players want a versatile class over one that has the biggest identity crisis in the history of BF.
    even if you look at it in a realistic matter not aq single squad would want their medic to be the first in line of combat. because he needs to be behind and tend to the wounded but hey as long as 75% of the community play assault and support they dont and wont care ever about it becuase they grew accustomed to being better in gunfights.
  • SirTerrible
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17
    If you're running solo I'm of the opinion that you're better off using Assault on most maps and modes but get a 4 person Medic squad rolling and holy lol. Near unbeatable. It requires a very specific playstyle and skillset though. Not really my fav thing to do so I still badly want some mid range options!
  • Pelliy
    If you're running solo I'm of the opinion that you're better off using Assault on most maps and modes but get a 4 person Medic squad rolling and holy lol. Near unbeatable. It requires a very specific playstyle and skillset though. Not really my fav thing to do so I still badly want some mid range options!

I think the opposite. I think if its running solo, medic is your best bet at survival because of the self heal mostly. If your squad is useless and you have to keep yourself alive, medic is the best way to do it.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

I think the opposite. I think if its running solo, medic is your best bet at survival because of the self heal mostly. If your squad is useless and you have to keep yourself alive, medic is the best way to do it.

well it boils down to what you want playing solo be able to stay alive in CQC or be more laid back with a semi-auto/AR/LMG slap a 3x on it and kill with indifference and pick up some healing and ammo from time to time
  • SirTerrible
    1701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The flexibility of the weapons on Assault outweighs the self heals for me big time. The lack of flexibility with SMGs is a non-issue when you know you'll be revived if you're running in a Medic squad though and the sheer amount of smoke you all have combined makes blocking off snipers/mmgers or anyone else out of range hilariously easy so your lack of range becomes mostly irrelevant too.
  • Pelliy

The flexibility of the weapons on Assault outweighs the self heals for me big time. The lack of flexibility with SMGs is a non-issue when you know you'll be revived if you're running in a Medic squad though and the sheer amount of smoke you all have combined makes blocking off snipers/mmgers or anyone else out of range hilariously easy so your lack of range becomes mostly irrelevant too.

I play alone mostly so I almost never depend on other teammates. lol. Even if there is a medic in my squad, I know I cannot depend on this individual unless its someone I'm on voice with. Every once in awhile, you get those medic train servers where everyone is reviving you, you can't miss their needle no matter how much you try, those games I do really well with assault.

Although my stats say assault is my best class, Medic is quickly becoming my best class, if not already my best class. Rough start at first, but its really not as challenging as the other classes.
  • X_Sunslayer_X

I play alone mostly so I almost never depend on other teammates. lol. Even if there is a medic in my squad, I know I cannot depend on this individual unless its someone I'm on voice with. Every once in awhile, you get those medic train servers where everyone is reviving you, you can't miss their needle no matter how much you try, those games I do really well with assault.

Although my stats say assault is my best class, Medic is quickly becoming my best class, if not already my best class. Rough start at first, but its really not as challenging as the other classes.

its great if you can make medic work for you. i do it as well. but the class in comparison is still lack-luster and the reason for the underusage is simply most players prefer versatility over anything else. it has always been the main driving factor in BF.
  • SirTerrible

In terms of K/D and KPM Medic is my top class too. I only play as Medic when the circumstances are favourable though, like when playing with friends that are also playing as Medic or on Medic friendly maps. With that said I play with (and against lol) someone that plays Medic on every map and it's their top class by far still. Individual skillset influences things a lot. For me Medic is way harder to use than Support or Assault because the optimal playstyle (aggressive) exposes you to campers and mines more often and good movement is even more important. I actually have to put effort in. The horror.
  • Pelliy

its great if you can make medic work for you. i do it as well. but the class in comparison is still lack-luster and the reason for the underusage is simply most players prefer versatility over anything else. it has always been the main driving factor in BF.

I agree that they could add more versatility. I wanna see what they add and how they handle it because if they don't handle it carefully, it really can be OP.