New JackFrag's video makes me want to crawl up into a ball and cry.

Comments

• BigWyrm
    325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Has anyone else noticed that the gameplay during Jackfrags and other "influencers" videos shows them totally dominating against people who seem to have little skill every single time? I just thought they were really good at first, but upon closer inspection, their opponents seem more like wildebeest rushing in to get slaughtered.
  • Agent_Talon
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BigWyrm wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that the gameplay during Jackfrags and other "influencers" videos shows them totally dominating against people who seem to have little skill every single time? I just thought they were really good at first, but upon closer inspection, their opponents seem more like wildebeest rushing in to get slaughtered.

To be honest it's all the edits. You plan a few hours and just select the little 2-3 minute sections that look the best. I bet we could all put these types of montages together with our normal gameplay, it just makes the YT guys look better than they really are.

Not saying they aren't good at FPS but if you could select only the best clips to show people you would look awesome too. Plus there are some really really dumb teams out there :-)
  • von_Campenstein
    6552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

To be honest it's all the edits. You plan a few hours and just select the little 2-3 minute sections that look the best. I bet we could all put these types of montages together with our normal gameplay, it just makes the YT guys look better than they really are.

Not saying they aren't good at FPS but if you could select only the best clips to show people you would look awesome too. Plus there are some really really dumb teams out there :-)

Yep all the edit, I watched my first ever Stodeh stream the other day and thought that's not much better than I can do, then again his highs are well above mine but sure there is overlap, people do kill them.
  • JediMastaWyn
    457 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What he's saying in a nutshell (Jack), is that it would take six years as a game service to get all the factions and maps folks already thought they'd be getting in a two year cycle.. What he probably found out, given his tone, is that it's likely they're already focusing on the next game, where we're lucky to get one more faction, or, they want to milk this disaster for six more years, for which DICE would have to be totally out of their mind.

As others are saying better than i, just dismiss Jack and his failed you tube bretheren, and their views, and read between the lines. He cheerled this failure, is not getting the views he used to get, and he has to own up too it.

I fear it is also this. The 'live service' for a game like BF which thrives off of it's content is probably going to be a failure.
  • mrtwotimes
    661 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry, I probably will never be a youtube gamer watcher. There's nothing they said that probably hasn't already been said way too many times.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    The only thing of value I got from this whole video is the acknowledgment from DICE that the game engine is past it's prime.
    /shrug

Well you may want to rewatch it be because this engine is far from past its prime. I got more of they bit off more then they had high expections without realizing how difficult it was and gambled to go big or go home and now with being rushed and constant complaints and BF version of flat earthers they feel like they messed up. This is a whole new engine simply because they have rtx and actually they are the only dev team to get it working and if they didnt nvidia would have been with a bunch of cards and no way to even display the main feature of them. For people to think it is simple to port something I would gladly invite you to learn to code or at least get a understanding of what is involved. Not only do they have 3 different platforms that means they have to possibly use 3 different languages/ API, they also have all the servers to work with.

Oh, good! So instead of a well made game we get.... ray tracing. Well done DICE, good choice of priorities.
  • trip1ex
    4555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18
    instead of ray tracing i would love to have a game with no-pop. what's immersive about photo-realistic graphics where the grass and trees and windows and doors and textures etc are always popping up on your screen as you move?
    Post edited by trip1ex on
  • BFEDGE
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jack shows a few BF3 and 4 vids lately, he echoes my gameing mood, 4 months later and for me BF5 is almost done with.
  • Pyr0Plazma
    370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18

Youtubers play the game on a literal daily basis often for several hours. Eventually doing anythung for that long is going to make you good no matter what it is. To say that youtubers are bad players is a pretty ridiculous notion. Are they the best/competitive tier players? No not even close, but they're in fact better than the bulk of the playerbase. That being said as the guy pointed out earlier you're seeing edits of their best moments from hours of gameplay.
  • spartanx169x
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Most of these lackeys have been posting videos about their "roundtables" with Dice after flying there this past week. So they are getting face time with the decision makers while we get left in cold. Sounds great right?

If this is true that they flew them to DICE last week, then that solidly tells me they have learned nothing and are grasping at straws.
  • herodes87
    1241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFEDGE wrote: »
    Jack shows a few BF3 and 4 vids lately, he echoes my gameing mood, 4 months later and for me BF5 is almost done with.

But He was saying some time ago that BFV is such a great Game! Don't Tell me thats Not true! If He was lieying what else is a lie? Santa doesn't exist?
    Most of these lackeys have been posting videos about their "roundtables" with Dice after flying there this past week. So they are getting face time with the decision makers while we get left in cold. Sounds great right?

If this is true that they flew them to DICE last week, then that solidly tells me they have learned nothing and are grasping at straws.

Well for EA its cheap PR. Some Kind of. YouTubers Talk First about the upcoming stuff. EA should Post more Content on there own YouTube Channel. Probably they got shown and played the BR Mode and the new Map.
  • von_Campenstein
    6552 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

But they got people skills damnit!
  • sharpdefine
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The suits are in control and they are tightening the screw.

"Developers" when talking about people who make games are very different teams.

The Rendering folks at Frostbite, write the library to show pretty polygons on the screen.
    The Backend folks at Frostbite, who check if the bullet you fired hit a player hitbox and then put that event in a queue for further processing (achievements)
    The Tooling folks at Frostbite who make the Map editor and Script Editor.

The code folks at Dice who tweak the rendering and backend engine.
    The artists and modelers at Dice designing the maps, characters and guns.
    The script developers at Dice ( interact with an enemy Telegraph -> Start Sequence Destruction in 60 seconds ).
    You get the idea.

If the people JF talked to are complaining about the engine and the tooling, its clear that the Frostbite team is being understaffed.
    And that would explain why cheating is rampant (its a backend problem) and why tracking achievements is limited to the minimum (you need servers for that).

Some new suit probably sees a nice opportunity to make Dice switch to Unreal/Unity and fire the lot of Frostbite. More Cost Savings !

That would be the end of Dice as an AAA Game developer.

If you're serious about game development, you have to write your own tools( or something like that). John Carmack.
  • spartanx169x
    681 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your
    herodes87 wrote: »
    BFEDGE wrote: »

But He was saying some time ago that BFV is such a great Game! Don't Tell me thats Not true! If He was lieying what else is a lie? Santa doesn't exist?

Well for EA its cheap PR. Some Kind of. YouTubers Talk First about the upcoming stuff. EA should Post more Content on there own YouTube Channel. Probably they got shown and played the BR Mode and the new Map.

You said the key word - Cheap. It should be obvious to them that nobody has went out and bought BF because of them. How many sales to players can they trace back to any of the youtubers? And handful maybe. How many are not going to buy the game because of them ? A handful maybe. Yet they value their opinions or are wasting time and money that could be better spent. It makes no sense. Not to mention that as many here have pointed out what youtubers like is stuff that can make them look good. They have no clue what the larger playerbase wants. The time and money spent would be better spent on putting polls directly into the game menu. Now that would be innovative and they would get direct feedback from every player.
  • MarxistDictator
    4802 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    On a side note, am I the only one that finds it funny that former game changer Xfaptor cried about how casual Battlefield was, just to turn around and pimp out Fortnite?

Oh, the "mah bullets are random" dude that had zero understanding of how spread worked in BF1? What a clown.

He never even had the same opinion 2 videos in a row so this should hardly be surprising. This is more proof that no one should watch these clowns, they just spit whatever combination of stupid/controversial verbal diarrhea that lets them hit that sweet 10 minute mark. The contradictions in one unintelligible rant video featuring cherry picked gameplay should be enough.

The all time best will still be levelcap's 'mortars are overpowered and underpowered at the same time' rant in BF4. There are no bad concepts, only bad players who can't realize the full game and only want to play it one way.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Unless DICE get back those 80 employees that left after the SWBF fiasco I'm afraid the BF franchise will never be the same. Those 80 employees that left were probably the ones who knew the Frostbite engine well. The clowns they have now have no clue what they are doing.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    On a side note, am I the only one that finds it funny that former game changer Xfaptor cried about how casual Battlefield was, just to turn around and pimp out Fortnite?

Oh, the "mah bullets are random" dude that had zero understanding of how spread worked in BF1? What a clown.

He never even had the same opinion 2 videos in a row so this should hardly be surprising. This is more proof that no one should watch these clowns, they just spit whatever combination of stupid/controversial verbal diarrhea that lets them hit that sweet 10 minute mark. The contradictions in one unintelligible rant video featuring cherry picked gameplay should be enough.

The all time best will still be levelcap's 'mortars are overpowered and underpowered at the same time' rant in BF4. There are no bad concepts, only bad players who can't realize the full game and only want to play it one way.

xFactor was one of the biggest hypocrites playing BF1 at the time. First he was praising BF1 as being the best FPS game ever released, then began bashing it saying that gameplay sucks and the game is DeAd. Yet he moves over to Fortnight to gaint those youtube views and money while praising the game for being awesome. No wonder his channel is totally dead.
  • Ernie_Shavers
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 18
    1. What are you talking about doesn't exist???? We get WEEKLY updates from the developers on the forums and on Reddit. They address most concerns they feel need to be addressed. Just because there's not a constant dialogue and they're not responding to EVERY thread ever made doesn't mean there's no communication.

The weekly updates are void of meaningful content. It's a thoughtless PR stunt meant to placate the player base. The weekly updates have been insulting thus far.

DICE recently came out and said EA "finally gave them permission" to be more transparent with the community. Saw this on Twitter IIRC.

So, we'll see if communication from DICE improves moving forward but thus far it's been handled in an amateurish, unprofessional fashion.
  • ackers75
    2209 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After bf4 I have no idea why anyone takes these you tubers seriously anymore!

Simply just a bunch of yes men that are too scared to be critical or they will loose special access to up and coming content and special events.
  • TEXls1
    225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wanted the MMG’s, so stop trying to speak for me.