Are EA/DICE really this despicable?

13»

Comments

• Trokey66
    8261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    EA/DICE saw a business opportunity, supported by customer feedback, to change the Premium/paid DLC to a 'free' Live Service with revenue gathered through Microtransctions.

Any company that changes their product for whatever reason, does so with an element of risk that some may not like it.

I don't see how this can be construed as some dark nefarious conspiracy.

what feedback? bf5 and beyond were slotted to go live service. The fiscal report supports this as a multi year title will have steady rotations in EA Access which is their blockbuster subsciption model. Just because there was a small vocal noise during bf4 doesnt mean thats why they changed their model. little seem to understand this, so they blame players. If they listened to the community so much, why is BR coming? why a level cap? why attrition and limited game modes? all of this was determined and then developed long before we knew bf5 was coming without any community feedback. They didnt even send out surveys until player churn and before the first manager got booted for the TTK fiasco. So where did they get the premium idea? forums and reddit? if thats the case this game should have tons of changes based on the same feedback no?

Premium was cancelled due to design choices, not players. Just easy to blame which is why they made it.

So the decision to remove Premium/paid DLC was NOT supported by customer feedback?
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    EA/DICE saw a business opportunity, supported by customer feedback, to change the Premium/paid DLC to a 'free' Live Service with revenue gathered through Microtransctions.

Any company that changes their product for whatever reason, does so with an element of risk that some may not like it.

I don't see how this can be construed as some dark nefarious conspiracy.

what feedback? bf5 and beyond were slotted to go live service. The fiscal report supports this as a multi year title will have steady rotations in EA Access which is their blockbuster subsciption model. Just because there was a small vocal noise during bf4 doesnt mean thats why they changed their model. little seem to understand this, so they blame players. If they listened to the community so much, why is BR coming? why a level cap? why attrition and limited game modes? all of this was determined and then developed long before we knew bf5 was coming without any community feedback. They didnt even send out surveys until player churn and before the first manager got booted for the TTK fiasco. So where did they get the premium idea? forums and reddit? if thats the case this game should have tons of changes based on the same feedback no?

Premium was cancelled due to design choices, not players. Just easy to blame which is why they made it.

So the decision to remove Premium/paid DLC was NOT supported by customer feedback?

correct, bf5 was always meant to be live service with BR monetized features. they expected greater revenue by offering live service content to create value, then offer a BR mode to capture that value.

The reality was this was all planned prior to release, then they realized it wasnt going well by pre orders so they pushed the title into a new fiscal year and more competetive product window. Ask Nvidia how they did with their BF5 marketing collaboration lol. Nothing about live service supports premium content models nor their design choice to make bf a two year release cycle. It'll be released as free for all EA Access members which besides Fifa, is their most succesful thing and its not even a game.
  • Trokey66
    8261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ok..........
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1490 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So I was thinking, since we by the fall of 2019 are only going to be in 1941, how long will this games cycle be? Will we be getting a new battlefield in 2020? I do not think so..

Well 2020 will be XBOX2 and PS5. I'm ready to move onto next gen.
  • GrinddalDDG
    393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    So I was thinking, since we by the fall of 2019 are only going to be in 1941, how long will this games cycle be? Will we be getting a new battlefield in 2020? I do not think so..

Well 2020 will be XBOX2 and PS5. I'm ready to move onto next gen.

Oh yeah, for sure..

I did not know they were confirmed for 2020 tho.
  • butseri_79ot68g
    32 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The reality was this was all planned prior to release, then they realized it wasnt going well by pre orders so they pushed the title into a new fiscal year and more competetive product window.

EA's fiscal year ends in March though.

As for the rest of this thread, surely EA detailed their master plan to their investors along these lines: we are going to release Battlefield V with a terrible, content starved live service to troll the dedicated fans. When Battlefield 6 comes along they'll happily be back with no hard feelings and demand the return of an archaic season pass model. We're taking it on the chin big time with the Star Wars license, and development of Anthem is taking forever and not looking great, but surely THIS won't backfire. Our only hope is that forumfield won't see through this scheme of peeing in our own cereal bowl for amazing and guaranteed long term profit.
  • Astr0damus
    2901 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have been thinking for a while about the whole premium deal and BF.

Imo, EA/DICE are purposely giving us a discounted version of BF, without the premium.

They are purposely slacking on the live service.

Because the fans will cry over a lack of content, and then blame the no premium part, instead of blaming EA/DICE.

Then, when the next BF comes around, they re-introduce premium, and come off as the good guys.

Any of you agree?

I think all the problems and complaints of this game stem from it intentionally originally being created to be a battle royal (and Easter Egg hunt) game..
    ====
    ^fixed