Quitting out of game to add specialization..

DirtyDog1974
300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I'm on PS4 and seems since last update that when I earn a new specialization I have to quit game to be able to apply it. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Comments

• superteds
    1023 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    if you're having a good few games don't quit to add a spec anyway, just stay in the server and apply everything when the server starts turning bad.
  • DirtyDog1974
    300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I usually don't, but what I mean is literally having to restart the game to apply them. Not leaving a match.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1534 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it never used to be like that. There's now a delay for some reason. The spec tree is unlocked but you are unable to equip it. Not sure how long the delay is though as I've usually quit my session by then
  • SgtStav
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 17
    Same problem on pc aswell, if you wait one moore round you can specc it.
    So the thing you unlock cant bee added before completing one moore round or restart game.
  • Kattegat_Twin
    588 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm on PS4 and seems since last update that when I earn a new specialization I have to quit game to be able to apply it. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

It's been that way since day 1.
  • Dr_X2345
    757 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I know exactly what you mean, and it's annoying although you don't have to fully close the game, just play another round (or if it was your last game in a session, play around first next session and at the start of the second round you should be able to apply it in-game).
  • DirtyDog1974
    Quicker to quit out then play another game, but thanks for info! Just another fail in long line of fails by Dice. No worries see people are leaving this game in droves.
  • Hawxxeye
    4366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same here on PC I have to close the game and go back tot he desktop and restart in order to unlock the new specs
  • Xephic_Za
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just wait till the end of the round to apply them...