The netcode in this game is so bad I feel Dice is faking the online shooter experience.

Willhe64
4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Bought this game on Thursday. 20+ hours in and I can't believe some of the bs I've seen and experienced. I've come to the conclusion that what you are seeing and what the person shooting at you is seeing are 2 completely different things. Just now I got sniped for 60, backed way down the hill and 2 seconds later I get killed by the same guy. And yes, the kill cam shows his silhouette, no way he should be able to see even a part of me, but he did, and he shot me. I'm 3 feet below the crest of the hill. As soon as you get lit up you are toast, there is no such thing as cover, you think there is, but there isn't. I wonder how many people I've killed who thought they were safely under cover?
Don't get me started on player movement. This is Morrowind levels of bad. And that game was released in 2002. Constantly getting stuck on objects. Pogo sticking up and down. Climbing rubble is awful. Hit prone and slide around like you are on a yoga ball until you settle. I played BF1 last year and don't recall these issues. I am not asking for parkour levels of greatness but geez man. Every 3D game since 2005 has been smoother than this.
It's appalling that a AAA title can play like this.

Comments

• ackers75
    2480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stopped playing this due to its horrific netcode.
    I played games 10 year ago with better netcode
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, nectode is garbage. But it used to be even worse so maybe Dice can try and fix it later. Maybe.
  • Willhe64
    4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bought this game at half price to try Firefight. If it plays like current PvP it will be a short lived experience. There's nothing worse in online gaming than getting robbed by game issues. Except maybe cheaters.
  • CSO7777
    1386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Willhe64 wrote: »
    Bought this game on Thursday. 20+ hours in and I can't believe some of the bs I've seen and experienced. I've come to the conclusion that what you are seeing and what the person shooting at you is seeing are 2 completely different things. Just now I got sniped for 60, backed way down the hill and 2 seconds later I get killed by the same guy. And yes, the kill cam shows his silhouette, no way he should be able to see even a part of me, but he did, and he shot me. I'm 3 feet below the crest of the hill. As soon as you get lit up you are toast, there is no such thing as cover, you think there is, but there isn't. I wonder how many people I've killed who thought they were safely under cover?
    Don't get me started on player movement. This is Morrowind levels of bad. And that game was released in 2002. Constantly getting stuck on objects. Pogo sticking up and down. Climbing rubble is awful. Hit prone and slide around like you are on a yoga ball until you settle. I played BF1 last year and don't recall these issues. I am not asking for parkour levels of greatness but geez man. Every 3D game since 2005 has been smoother than this.
    Netcode was better in BF1, but movement was even worse. It has gotten way better than BF1, but compared to other games is still sucks - try Apex Legends it just works.

Apex does have worse netcode than BFV though, but again everything else just works and the game is fun. In BFV the netcode is not the best and almost everything else has "issues", which makes the whole gaming-experience frustrating and not fun.
  • VincentNZ
    3559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah, what wetfishDB said. It is the same in every MP game within a certain tolerance. A vast majority of the deaths that subjectively feel strange to you can easily be explained by simply using logic.
  • ackers75
    2480 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The issue is the lag compensation and the stacking of multiple bulllets into single packets.

It’s been an issue with battlefield for years.

• SgtQman19
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The amount of BS being said in this thread is outright hilarious. BFV has one of the best netcodes of all current titles. If you have any issues it’s with your current setup or ISP. BF1 net ode was slightly better but BFV is far better then any other game out right now.
  • Kashik1985
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Earlier I ran into some level 3 dude using a Sten gun that killed me like a bolt-action headshot every single time. Just instantly dead. I'm not totally convinced he was legit considering he was such a low rank, but had more kills than anyone else, and I was dying to him faster than I could blink. The game, however, is so bad that in any other situation I'd be almost certain that guy was cheating, but not in BFV. That's just how awful the netcode is.

Or, and this might sound a bit crazy, he's a BFV vet with a second account to show better stats.

Not everyone is a cheater, and not every quick kill is because of the netcode. With my time in BFV, I've experienced it all, but the percentage of time where I feel hard done by is extremely low. 99% of my deaths are because of my own human error. It's frustrating when we die because of the netcode, absolutely, but the reality is that it just doesn't happen that often.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SgtQman19 wrote: »
    The amount of BS being said in this thread is outright hilarious. BFV has one of the best netcodes of all current titles. If you have any issues it’s with your current setup or ISP. BF1 net ode was slightly better but BFV is far better then any other game out right now.

Yeah, everyone is just lying and BFV is perfect. Let's also forget about DICE themselves admitting to, and trying to fix TTD issues, which are NETCODE issues.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Yeah, everyone is just lying and BFV is perfect. Let's also forget about DICE themselves admitting to, and trying to fix TTD issues, which are NETCODE issues.

He's baiting for replies, mate.
  • Kashik1985

This whole thread is baiting for replies with its hyperbole.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    Kashik1985 wrote: »

Not really. BFV has the worst netcode out of any previous BF game. And such issues have been confirmed by Dice itself. So no, thread has valid complaints.
  • Kashik1985

Not really. BFV has the worst netcode out of any previous BF game. And such issues have been confirmed by Dice itself. So no, thread has valid complaints.

I totally agree that there are issues with the netcode, but please, these threads are a dime a dozen with people exaggerating the issue. People just rush in to the forums after what they felt was an unjust death and vent their toxic frustration... I mean just look at the title of this thread! 😂
  • llPhantom_Limbll

I totally agree that there are issues with the netcode, but please, these threads are a dime a dozen with people exaggerating the issue. People just rush in to the forums after what they felt was an unjust death and vent their toxic frustration... I mean just look at the title of this thread! 😂

Well if those people were the minority, your assumptions would be true. But in reality the game suffers from por netcode and all issues it brings.
    I just don't feel like making threads with each complain I have. Mostly because Dice doesn't give a thing about this place and doesn't take any sort of feedback.
  • xxShiftyxxx
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe they might have to introduce Region Lock so your only playing against players from your own Country and Region. Stop players using there Lag as a advantage. Just a Thought but DICE give a Fuuu
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Netcode was better in BF1, but movement was even worse. It has gotten way better than BF1, but compared to other games is still sucks - try Apex Legends it just works.

Apex does have worse netcode than BFV though, but again everything else just works and the game is fun. In BFV the netcode is not the best and almost everything else has "issues", which makes the whole gaming-experience frustrating and not fun.

How was movement worse in BF1? I actually feel the opposite, but the netcode was definitely better in BF1 among many other things.
  • Hawxxeye
    6397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »

How was movement worse in BF1? I actually feel the opposite, but the netcode was definitely better in BF1 among many other things.
    The movement in bf1 was less hard to track as it was more smooth
  • TFBisquit
    1768 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve been killed with hills an mountains between us. Then I’ve killed others on that same spot, noticing I could still see them. The sloop design is awkward in bfv , same so with tall grass. You see nothing and they see your head popping out.
    But yes, net code is bad. There could be a one or two second delay between clients. The all bullets in one package shows this. In general you would waste at least a second firing full auto at enemies, yet they receive all bullets at once.