• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1369 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

That's all I got from this thread.

Yeah but if this flops, and DICE seemed to have put a lot or rescources towards it, when they could have put it into the core game, or even other features, some can say it contributed to killing the game.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Yeah but if this flops, and DICE seemed to have put a lot or rescources towards it, when they could have put it into the core game, or even other features, some can say it contributed to killing the game.

Thats fine.
  • xKusagamix
    687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Criterion is in charge of Firestorm, not DICE.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    xKusagamix wrote: »
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Whomever. Maybe Criterion could have handled other things, like the SP Campaign or coop, a few minutes of nothing being blamed for sapping recources of a whole game, rather than this that the BF community didn't really want or need.

Those rescources and teams could have been put to many more maps, better gameplay, more factions and weapons, but instead, they worked on BR.

So, my point is, there seems to be much more emphasis on BR, than any of the sp content, yet that was being blamed for taking other resources away, when clearly BR took many of the resources. And when we say this is all "Optional", of course it is, but not at the expense of BF.
  • KPNuts74
    431 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    I've never played a BR game, i was never interested in that gamemode, i've just watched jackfrags firestorm gameplay and all can i say is this is just garbage, boring as hell, it is not a legit Battlefield gamemode, doesn't fit with WWII atmosphere, a waste of time, a waste of everything

i'll rather get more maps and weapons than this useless gamemode
    battlefield is dying
    Firestorm is the only hope BFV has of being saved now (thanks to a vocal, negative part of the community).
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Whomever. Maybe Criterion could have handled other things, like the SP Campaign or coop, a few minutes of nothing being blamed for sapping recources of a whole game, rather than this that the BF community didn't really want or need.

Those rescources and teams could have been put to many more maps, better gameplay, more factions and weapons, but instead, they worked on BR.

So, my point is, there seems to be much more emphasis on BR, than any of the sp content, yet that was being blamed for taking other resources away, when clearly BR took many of the resources. And when we say this is all "Optional", of course it is, but not at the expense of BF.
    I'm sorry but you are not "the community" as a whole, because there are people that like Battle Royale in Battlefield.

Same like i don't like meat grinder maps like Metro and Locker, and its weren't how they design maps like the previous games, but some may do enjoy it. They have to please everyone.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that no one like it.

Well look man, i've been here for years, and i did not hear, not anyone but the You Tubers asking for BR on this game. And my take is, the You Tubers wanted it, because they were told by DICE, that's where they were going, and trying to push for something they already knew they were doing.

After all, they know months before anyone the poop going on over there. But no, the community did not ask for BR.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10708 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

I'm sorry but you are not "the community" as a whole, because there are people that like Battle Royale in Battlefield.

Same like i don't like meat grinder maps like Metro and Locker, and its weren't how they design maps like the previous games, but some may do enjoy it. They have to please everyone.

Well look man, i've been here for years, and i did not hear, not anyone but the You Tubers asking for BR on this game. And my take is, the You Tubers wanted it, because they were told by DICE, that's where they were going, and trying to push for something they already knew they were doing.

After all, they know months before anyone the poop going on over there. But no, the community did not ask for BR.

@HardAimedKid has been here for years too. He definitely wanted br
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Lol wut.
  • VincentNZ
    1989 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KPNuts74 wrote: »
    I've never played a BR game, i was never interested in that gamemode, i've just watched jackfrags firestorm gameplay and all can i say is this is just garbage, boring as hell, it is not a legit Battlefield gamemode, doesn't fit with WWII atmosphere, a waste of time, a waste of everything

i'll rather get more maps and weapons than this useless gamemode
    battlefield is dying
    Firestorm is the only hope BFV has of being saved now (thanks to a vocal, negative part of the community).

Nah, the game is in it's current state, because of poor marketing, poor PR, a postponed release and then releasing the game in an unfinished and unpolished state, whilst the delayed content was also not in top condition, which in turn led to a perceived lack of content and progress for the continuation of the game, by the community.
    The game is mediocre to okay, other than that there is simply not much good that can be said about any part of the process that led to BFV.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Lol wut.

Lol what do you mean "wut"? Who the hell in this community wanted 'Battle Royale' on BF of all things? It's a total different game and mode. There's nobody here was asking for that. That was DICEs rocket science, yet again possibly backfiring.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10708 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

^
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Lol wut.

Lol what do you mean "wut"? Who the hell in this community wanted 'Battle Royale' on BF of all things? It's a total different game and mode. There's nobody here was asking for that. That was DICEs rocket science, yet again possibly backfiring.

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Lol wut.

Plenty of people on reddit and I've seen a few people on the forums.

Your comment is incorrect.

Did I want it. No. Will i complain about something that doesn't effect me. No
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

^
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Lol wut.

You're talking about one guy? Well you have to pardon me, i don't know every single post on here, but show me all the threads before BR was announced, wanting BR on BF. Out of the many thousands, maybe a few, if that? Nobody wanted this. But, again, we'll what happens
  • TEKNOCODE
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

^
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Lol wut.

You're talking about one guy? Well you have to pardon me, i don't know every single post on here, but show me all the threads before BR was announced, wanting BR on BF. Out of the many thousands, maybe a few, if that? Nobody wanted this. But, again, we'll what happens
    You said NOBODY. Hardaim wanted it. Also, this:

Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Lol wut.

• xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Lol wut.

A few people on the forums. You're correct, because that's all it was. FORGET Reddit. A few gaming nerds following small potato you tubers out of the multi millions who buy the game are not the 'community'.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    edited March 22
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Lol wut.

A few people on the forums. You're correct, because that's all it was. FORGET Reddit. A few gaming nerds following small potato you tubers out of the multi millions who buy the game are not the 'community'.

Reddit is a community.

Sorry that I dont subscribe to todays outrage culture.

The forums are a vocal minority compared to reddit.
  • rockin_master
    369 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited March 22
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Criterion was just subcontracted to develop the title under DICE/EA's direction.

Criterion has never been in charge of Firestorm. Once completed Criterion's involvement with Firestorm will cease.

40 minutes of footsteps with three minutes of pew, pew on a map that is nothing more than a hodge podge of already tired BFV assets and uninspiring map environments.

This put me to sleep like the sound of pattering rain on a roof.
  • HardAimedKid
    11385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I wanted it, cause I love Br and why wouldn’t I want to see a Br done with frostbite. Even better I get to play a Br done on frostbite and dice didn’t make it which is a win in my book. 👍
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    Keyword
    -Optional-

Reaction

-REEEEEEE-

Lol wut.

Reddit is a community.

Sorry that I dont subscribe to todays outrage culture.

The forums are a vocal minority compared to reddit.

They're a very small community, that i never even heard of, until i came here. The big gaming sites, IGN, Gamespot (multi millions) we've never heard or care of these few people. The fact is, BR was just not something folks asked for on BF. Unless you go by Teknocoders one fella, and a few on Reddit. But we'd have to agree, that's not a lot of people.