Why FG-42 buff?

13»

Comments

• BFB-LeCharybdis
    746 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    All they did was slightly decrease horizontal recoil and everyone in here is acting like it's an EZ PZ God gun now. It still does the same amount of damage, still has the same 20 round mag, and still has that crazy vertical recoil. It's a good weapon, but not exactly auto-win.

Nah it's more of an FG appreciation thread
  • Klendathu1987
    138 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lewis is still bae
  • bran1986
    5599 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All they did was slightly decrease horizontal recoil and everyone in here is acting like it's an EZ PZ God gun now. It still does the same amount of damage, still has the same 20 round mag, and still has that crazy vertical recoil. It's a good weapon, but not exactly auto-win.

I don't think it is OP at all I just thought it was fine before the buff.
  • y_j_es_i
    1338 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lewis is still bae

Lewis used to be my bae too but I could’ve sworn they nerfed it a month or two ago and I haven’t gone back to it since
  • KingRofty
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Lewis is terrible. Even after you apply all the accuracy specializations, it jumps around like a mad cow. I suspect the specializations are not working on the Lewis.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KingRofty wrote: »
    Lewis is terrible. Even after you apply all the accuracy specializations, it jumps around like a mad cow. I suspect the specializations are not working on the Lewis.

This is so false. The Lewis is one of the best weapons in the game.

There is a tad of recoil, but it can be handled.
  • KingRofty
    478 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Oh, on pc it will be a hoot!

But it bounces all over the place on my PS4 Pro.

Did I get a different version of BF V, cos I'm starting to think so now.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You must have, because it works fine on Xbox X.
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Lewis was love but I'm also convinced it was either stealth nerfed of caught up in the MMG double bipod recoil bug. My favorite is now the Bren.
  • TEKNOCODE
    Kayback wrote: »
    Lewis was love but I'm also convinced it was either stealth nerfed of caught up in the MMG double bipod recoil bug. My favorite is now the Bren.

I didn’t notice a nerf. That said, I rarely use the bipod with it.

The bren and fg42 are also delicious.

• bran1986
    5599 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I didn’t notice a nerf. That said, I rarely use the bipod with it.

The bren and fg42 are also delicious.

The support is in a pretty good place when it comes to weapons.
  • y_j_es_i
    1338 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited April 3

They definitely stealth nerfed it

They nerfed the aimed recoil too much and didn’t do enough to nerf the hipfiring accuracy
  • KingRofty
    y_j_es_i said:

They definitely stealth nerfed it

They nerfed the aimed recoil too much and didn’t do enough to nerf the hipfiring accuracy
    It was definitely nerfed. Even if you apply all the accuracy specializations, it is still really hard to control. 
  • elieaoun94
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    too much  bad recoil horinzotally for bren gun, it feels like  you lost your reatcion and aim skills after so much time of playing the game 
  • Hawxxeye
    5200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    a better question would be, why the ZK nerf?
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye said:

I don't get it, before the nerf it was a viable choice between Suomi and other SMGs, but now it is nowhere near competitive.
  • y_j_es_i
    Hawxxeye said:

I don't get it, before the nerf it was a viable choice between Suomi and other SMGs, but now it is nowhere near competitive.

They took the nerf too far as usual
  • bran1986
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

Because medics can't have anything good. A Gamechanger said this, DICE is scared to give medic a "good gun" out of fear of making the medic "too good." This is why the ZK was nerfed. It was the one high rate of fire smg that had a consistent recoil pattern which led it to having decent range for its rate of fire. All of a sudden medics had a weapon that could stand toe to toe with the high rate of fire ARs and LMGS and DICE sure as hell wasn't going to let that stand.
  • DogRoyal
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    M_Rat13 said:
    Honestly it'll probably be a 'hidden gem'. The community won't bother with it becuase of the small mag, but those on YT will sing it's praises, and talk about how good it is. Which sadly yes, might give it a nerf.

Personally, I can live with a small mag. I've used the Suomi and Tommy gun with the ROF buff (no mag upgrade), and the same for the MG42. It just requires a different approach to the game, but they reward you. The FG42 is the same. Moreso, after the buff.
    Me too (apart from the Tommygun). I always go for the ROF or bullet traveltime buffs. I mean, it is obvious: if you shoot more bullets faster or/and they reach your enemy faster than incoming bullets = you increase you chances in the stand-offs
  • Narfiam
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They buffed it because everybody use KE7 or BREN instead.