Weekly BF

New ROAD MAP - I'm Optimistic - (Soviet Union or USF!?)

1235»

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    3 maps by fall is not good enough.

I couldn't agree more - DICE your roadmap just proves you don't have a chance to keep the playerbase, and you know what serves you god damn right

I am pretty laid back normally but the roadmap has really wound me up - not good enough.

Yeah even those reddit types have changed their tunes now. I think after all my arguing against live service since beta here and the mocking I got from people this is a firmly deserved I told you so moment.

FREE BUYS YOU NOTHING PEOPLE. This road map proves it. I don't even blame dice fully, they have been working with a halved budget because premium was removed thanks to "split player base" nonsensical arguments.

We should however have a discussion as a community about an acceptable new premium model ready for bf6. One we can all get behind and allow dice to live up to their ambitions. I really believe that things like anti cheat and RSP was all payed for with premium money.

Its such a shame because I enjoyed BFV then they gave me rush and took it away and now I can't enjoy the other modes not even a little bit.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

3 maps in 6 months is pretty good, because they'll have new modes and content release within that sphere as well.

But hey someone will always say "It's not good enough".

I'm just glad we are getting any of it haha. Been waiting to hear about new factions!

Not when were use to more for less years ago. Bad Company 2 road map had way more maps. Heck even old PS2 shooter Socom Navy Seals 2 had 22 maps and were excellent maps. I don't even have a favorite yet for BF5 maps.
  • StormSaxon
    670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Awaking the giant is Probably Germany invading Russia.
    But it COULD be Japan starting on the US.

I’ll be happy with either but really hope it’s the Russians first.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    1975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE pi$$ poor effort.

April - New maps for Combined Arms - who the f&&k wants this? Combined Arms is the worst game mode in all of BF history. Half the players will be gone by May....

So we get the Greece map in May - I thought it was meant to be March?!

I been raging last few days playing BF5. Barely any team work. Boring fly boys doing nothing. At least on my team. Yet all ace pilots on enemy team bombing everyone. Also to many snipers. Barely anyone RAMBO reviving like me. Glad I only paid $30 for this. I feel sorry for those that paid $60 or $80 for deluxe.
  • VincentNZ
    3243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    S1n31ra wrote: »

I guess you missed "Up close and personal", new maps.

I'm under the impression as well that it is only 3 maps.

You are talking about two different things. There are indeed three new maps by "fall", which can mean anything up to the 28th of November. There is also a new competitive 5vs5 mode talked about which is supposed to come with specific maps. Which could mean specifically designed new maps, or specifically altered known maps/assets, or slightly tweaked old maps, or anything in between.
    This is something greatly overlooked in the roadmap, but I am unsure about the relevance, as competitive modes are rather unsuccesful so far or dead on Arrival (Incursions), tendencially excklusive (being 5vs5 or tournament/ladder bound) and directly conflict with many other modes already in the game (Domination/TDM/Frontlines and the apparently rather successful SQ Conquest). And again this might also be released anytime between 25th of June and 28th of November, and to unknown extent.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely disappointed. I mean I'm glad we're getting support for this game, this roadmap is the confirmation that BFV is not getting the SWBF2 and Mass Effect Andromeda treatment.

Still though it sounds like the Giant dlc chapter this fall is the Pacific theater which is great. But this begs the question, where is the eastern front? More people died on the eastern front than anywhere else in WW2. Where is Stalingrad, Leningrad, Poland, etc...? I guess we're skipping this part of the war, never happened.
  • Redstripe101
    2560 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Definitely disappointed. I mean I'm glad we're getting support for this game, this roadmap is the confirmation that BFV is not getting the SWBF2 and Mass Effect Andromeda treatment.

Still though it sounds like the Giant dlc chapter this fall is the Pacific theater which is great. But this begs the question, where is the eastern front? More people died on the eastern front than anywhere else in WW2. Where is Stalingrad, Leningrad, Poland, etc...? I guess we're skipping this part of the war, never happened.

i think you have to take the perspective of who is developing it. i'm sure every nation has some sort of pride or history to the war despite the side. sweden didnt have much to go on. So they emptied the factories of all women, hence attrition, no factories, no ammo. But sweden supplied metals so maybe its their way of preserving their place in ww2 with accuracy? just brainstorming here. all logical reasons left long ago