New roadmap is a freaking joke Dice. Well done with yet another failure.

18910111214»

Comments

• Woodlbrad
    687 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They should add matchmaking for coop and that's about it not worth the Dev time we need multiplayer maps ASAP.
  • 287martin
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Other developers manage to release a game about half the price of BF V at release which have more content and free regular updates including new maps and weapons. There is something seriously wrong at EA. They need to wake up before it's too late
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Awakening the Giant" Has to be the Pacific US/JN and not the eastern front. It's what Admiral Yamamoto supposedly said after Pearl Harbor.

He never said that. Its a quote from the actor in the movie " Tora! Tora! Tora! " but was never said by the real Admiral Yamamoto.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

Neither would I. For this whole live service to have worked, they really need the game to be complete at launch with the microtransaction store in game. The funds from that would have hopefully allowed a more fulfilling development schedule. Which in turn would keep the game more interesting and retain more players who would actually be interested in buying microtransactions since they see the game as having a future.

What I do not understand, why not go the Rainbow 6 Siege path? Just hand out season passes per year for 30$ with the advantage of being able to play maps/weapons/vehicles 2 weeks earlier. I mean it works for said game, it forces nobody to buy the pass and it doesn't devide the community. Might have been worth a try though it seems to be to late now.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    547 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 30
    doublepost
    Post edited by IDirtY_SeCreT on
  • Skepticus66
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm, Single player and combined arms were a total waste of resources and time. A majority don't want these.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    2117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

Neither would I. For this whole live service to have worked, they really need the game to be complete at launch with the microtransaction store in game. The funds from that would have hopefully allowed a more fulfilling development schedule. Which in turn would keep the game more interesting and retain more players who would actually be interested in buying microtransactions since they see the game as having a future.

What I do not understand, why not go the Rainbow 6 Siege path? Just hand out season passes per year for 30$ with the advantage of being able to play maps/weapons/vehicles 2 weeks earlier. I mean it works for said game, it forces nobody to buy the pass and it doesn't devide the community. Might have been worth a try though it seems to be to late now.

I hated Siege when it first came out. Then took a break from it for a few years. Now I went back before I bought BF5. Siege still has a toxic community of people team killing or voting you out and what not or people aborting matches then lopsided teams. Check the UBISOFT Siege forums. People flaming that place up. Plus the grind to unlock the characters get stale fast. UBISOFT gets its main money from people paying real money to get the characters faster. Yet UBISOFT nerfs most of them after a month or so.
  • IDirtY_SeCreT
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    I hated Siege when it first came out. Then took a break from it for a few years. Now I went back before I bought BF5. Siege still has a toxic community of people team killing or voting you out and what not or people aborting matches then lopsided teams. Check the UBISOFT Siege forums. People flaming that place up. Plus the grind to unlock the characters get stale fast. UBISOFT gets its main money from people paying real money to get the characters faster. Yet UBISOFT nerfs most of them after a month or so.

I'm not talking about the problems R6S has, I'm well aware of those since I played that game for around 2 years until it became dumber with every operator they added^^ But the business model somehow seems to work with an additional premium/season pass that doesn't devide the playerbase while at least generating some money. So it might've been worth a try, don't you think? I mean enough players bought the deluxe which as to date is a total rip off.
  • JediMastaWyn
    537 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm, Single player and combined arms were a total waste of resources and time. A majority don't want these.
    Agreed the bread and butter of a Battlefield game is it's maps. I would have happily traded all of the above for more individual maps.