This Week in Battlefield V

New roadmap is a freaking joke Dice. Well done with yet another failure.

Comments

• barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No mentions of rush being added permanently. Big thumbs down from me I would take rush on all base maps over everything in this road map.
  • trip1ex
    4770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Better than I thought. I figured 4-5 maps per year. Now it's 3 maps by fall plus Firestorm. I figured 15-20 maps when all is said and done. The real issue is the maps in the base game suck overall. Just a lot of clunkers in the base game. Even the best ones aren't great.

• Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 22
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    But the player base isn't split and that's all that matters......

It is. Even though I think they can do better with the amount of new maps, I rather have fewer maps which will always be populated and in rotation than have 4 new maps at once that only premium members play for a month then are forgotten about forever (until they end up giving it away for free years later).
  • barnesalmighty2
    1520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Blame the crybabies the constantly complained about premium about nerfs about everything.They are the reason why this game has failed hard.Nobody buys battlefield for Battleroyal people buy it for 64 conquest battles mainly and this has always been what made people love the game.The fd up royally with this one.Why are they even wasting more time or resources on combined arms did they not get the memo its absolutely sh....This game had so much potential.

Also this most recent patch proves Dice does not play test any of the patches or get good feedback from game changers there is no way they could not have noticed the plane mechanics are broken all they had to do was pull up and try and break.

I buy battlefield for rush and only rush. I whole heartedly think battlefield games should have a 3 to 4 year release cycle perhaps timed with a spin off type game in between done by other studios like hardline was. Main entry battlefield games NEED time to make if they are to be done properly.

We have been conditioned to expect so much V was never going to live up to it.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm - Meh.
    Combined Arms New Missions - No thank you.
    New map - Yay.
    New Mode - Meh.

But i do like the June road map, It should have looked like that every month.

Its only starting in June, they will probably stretch it to October/November.

You can bet on it.
    It will probably be like a new map every three months.
  • doctorrocktor
    1800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Blame the crybabies the constantly complained about premium about nerfs about everything.They are the reason why this game has failed hard.Nobody buys battlefield for Battleroyal people buy it for 64 conquest battles mainly and this has always been what made people love the game.The fd up royally with this one.Why are they even wasting more time or resources on combined arms did they not get the memo its absolutely sh....This game had so much potential.

Also this most recent patch proves Dice does not play test any of the patches or get good feedback from game changers there is no way they could not have noticed the plane mechanics are broken all they had to do was pull up and try and break.

This i can't believe there putting all effort into game modes nobody asked for.Oh and 5v5 arenas WTF,and greece now put back untill may.All this BS they say,we listen to the community bfv will evolve,evolve into what we have no content.No mention about bf currency or customization for vehicles,think i will go play something different untill may.
  • spartanx169x
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I told you so. I said 1000 times anybody that is expecting 4 maps was dreaming and they would be lucky to get one. And you are not even getting that. Say thank you for the Live Service and move along.
  • doctorrocktor
    1800 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I told you so. I said 1000 times anybody that is expecting 4 maps was dreaming and they would be lucky to get one. And you are not even getting that. Say thank you for the Live Service and move along.

I feared this when no premium was announced.
  • ElliotLH
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »

It is. Even though I think they can do better with the amount of new maps, I rather have fewer maps which will always be populated and in rotation than have 4 new maps at once that only premium members play for a month then are forgotten about forever (until they end up giving it away for free years later).

What premium maps died off 1 month after release??

A few of the Turning Tides ones weren't all the popular if memory serves but the mixed servers they added later helped quite a lot I think.

I remember game modes dying more than maps - like Supply Drop and Air Assault (might have got the name wrong there).
  • ViableChalice
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gues im out from bf till summer
  • MarxistDictator
    4907 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I feared this when no premium was announced.

Hey but those guys would rather have 0 content and not 'split up the community' than real content.

And even when the game itself wound down in popularity (since I would always be able to find lots of DLC servers until then) you'd still have a bunch of guns/gadgets/vehicles to bring with you to regular mode.
  • moosehunter1969
    1108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

They didn’t he’s talking rubbish.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Agreed. New content stinks.
  • ElliotLH
    8382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

A few of the Turning Tides ones weren't all the popular if memory serves but the mixed servers they added later helped quite a lot I think.

I remember game modes dying more than maps - like Supply Drop and Air Assault (might have got the name wrong there).

Premium should be structured as payed for early access to DLC and released to everyone a month after each release. We all get maps, us premium lovers get guaranteed stuff on a set time scale, no community split and everyone gets to play together with dlc added to vanilla rotation for all.

Its the sensible solution and I know many would still buy premium for 1 month early access. They could also keep stupid skins as a cash bump throughout the years too.

Would have zero problem with that myself and would gladly buy Premium on that basis. I could see some people complaining though.
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Any gimmick mode dies quickly. As for Conquest and Operations, people still play DLC maps on those modes in BF1.

For sure - That's pretty much what I was trying to get across and just did a bad job as I'm wiped out right now. I detested a few of BF1 DLC maps but I still played them.
  • VincentNZ
    2895 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The roadmap looks better, when you read the blog post for chapter three. Now Combined Arms is oviously nonsense. But the small conquest mode has potential at least.