Weekly Debrief

New roadmap is a freaking joke Dice. Well done with yet another failure.

Comments

• Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In a way hope the boins things comes soon so that money actually gets pumped into game and hopefully goes somewhat toward development of more content.
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ......... I am so disapointed. Dice keeps us waiting and gives us **** **** we dont want. Might as well play another game. Im done, bye.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    But the player base isn't split and that's all that matters......

It is. Even though I think they can do better with the amount of new maps, I rather have fewer maps which will always be populated and in rotation than have 4 new maps at once that only premium members play for a month then are forgotten about forever (until they end up giving it away for free years later).

What premium maps died off 1 month after release??

A few of the Turning Tides ones weren't all the popular if memory serves but the mixed servers they added later helped quite a lot I think.

I remember game modes dying more than maps - like Supply Drop and Air Assault (might have got the name wrong there).

Any gimmick mode dies quickly. As for Conquest and Operations, people still play DLC maps on those modes in BF1.

Yeah because they made all the DLC free.
    I have all maps for BF1 and BF4 and didn't pay a cent for them.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »

It is. Even though I think they can do better with the amount of new maps, I rather have fewer maps which will always be populated and in rotation than have 4 new maps at once that only premium members play for a month then are forgotten about forever (until they end up giving it away for free years later).

What premium maps died off 1 month after release??

They didn’t he’s talking rubbish.

You must have not played many battlefield games since this is the exact reason they did away with premium.
    See my above posts.
  • dcs500
    1414 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game is so fundamentally broken that they can throw as many maps and game modes at it as they like, it will still run like a Donkey Kong beta most of the time.
  • Ciza211
    40 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Few things ..These roadmap show one! . Dice not listen their player base. Their answer or promise are one big LIES. EA? Continue in 1 place worst game company on world. Whats EA pulling it will be destroy it this year. Madden 19? Trash...Fifa? playerbase they say one of worst fifa in history. For me? Absoluty trash. Nothing special totally reskin 18 with udpade transfer. Trailer and game? Lies Lies Lies. They say we complete remodeled moving players. Lies we compare with 18 and absoluty same !. Battlefield? No coment what step it lies. Who play Battefield because Battle royal? Who? 99% battlefield fan want massiv WW2 conquest game. No trash mod on game scene or mod 5vs5 COD style. This game is much COD than Battlefield. And this is bad. Promise, lies, and COD style what people complain. It bothers me because i still belived. But now? No thanks lies and promise.

And this road map? This is complete joke.
    I hope people will realize that it is not enough for them to have an average game for their money
  • DaTigahKillah
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They dropped Premium because of a “Split Community”....with Live Service, there won’t even be a community left soon!
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have no proof but I will say that the game feels rushed but I dont think it was for the reasons that have been stated. I honestly think this game was meant to be released this year and they was going to do a continual update system like how bf1 was towards the end but I think the whole rtf thing changed their plans. It just seemed to me that the release of this game coincided too much with the release of those video cards and the fact that DICE actually was the only devs that had ray tracing working in the game nvidia couldnt release those cards without a functional way of using the feature so since other games have been successful with releasing a beta state game and continue work on it that was a solution that was reached to basically get something out to use the new technology with. It would also explain why the silence on why the game was release in a unfinished state is most likely due to NDA that keep any and all business dealings silent which is typical. Cosmetics are dull and lacking because of the community wanted more authentic gear and the backlash behind the "steampunk" items forced them to rework the whole process from scratch. While this would seem that I am making an excuse for dice I am not but I would understand why if this was and I do see them trying to stick with this when most others would have just given up and let the game fail and start on next chapter. I feel like chapter 5 was suppose to be in the initial launch of this game but with a pushed up time frame they did what they could and have faced serious backlash which hopefully doesnt detour them from pushing through and making this the battlefield they wanted to make. I am not sure if dice really planned on firestorm but figured they needed every possible item to keep people until they hit that mark they planned and that is why criteria is doing that part and not dice. Hopefully what ever the case is this game will recover and be great and I actually hope firestorm is the first br I like because I havent really enjoyed playing any of them. Hell they need to do a final stand stand alone mode and I think that would be well liked.
  • zenn_nme
    806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well... Dice just shot itself in the foot again, sadly I'm not even surprised anymore...
    So far it's only been damage control on this rushed game, in favor to squeeze every penny out of it when br & boins go live.
  • misisipiRivrRat
    819 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    oXGeminiXo wrote: »
    I have no proof but I will say that the game feels rushed but I dont think it was for the reasons that have been stated. I honestly think this game was meant to be released this year and they was going to do a continual update system like how bf1 was towards the end but I think the whole rtf thing changed their plans. It just seemed to me that the release of this game coincided too much with the release of those video cards and the fact that DICE actually was the only devs that had ray tracing working in the game nvidia couldnt release those cards without a functional way of using the feature so since other games have been successful with releasing a beta state game and continue work on it that was a solution that was reached to basically get something out to use the new technology with. It would also explain why the silence on why the game was release in a unfinished state is most likely due to NDA that keep any and all business dealings silent which is typical. Cosmetics are dull and lacking because of the community wanted more authentic gear and the backlash behind the "steampunk" items forced them to rework the whole process from scratch. While this would seem that I am making an excuse for dice I am not but I would understand why if this was and I do see them trying to stick with this when most others would have just given up and let the game fail and start on next chapter. I feel like chapter 5 was suppose to be in the initial launch of this game but with a pushed up time frame they did what they could and have faced serious backlash which hopefully doesnt detour them from pushing through and making this the battlefield they wanted to make. I am not sure if dice really planned on firestorm but figured they needed every possible item to keep people until they hit that mark they planned and that is why criteria is doing that part and not dice. Hopefully what ever the case is this game will recover and be great and I actually hope firestorm is the first br I like because I havent really enjoyed playing any of them. Hell they need to do a final stand stand alone mode and I think that would be well liked.

Like you I haven't enjoyed any BR game. Tried them all. Downloaded Apex when it became available , played a few matches with friends and deleted it. That type of gameplay just isn't for me and that's ok. I will try Firestorm , but based on the gameplay I've watched I won't be a fan.
    It is the scavenging at the beginning that turns me off. Boring. Watched a YouTube video the other day and from the start of the match to the 6:30 minute mark the guy was still running around picking stuff up. 6 1/2 minutes and still no enemy encounter? Turned it off after that.
    I'm totally cool with people liking br, but what most guys here seem to be upset about is this br mode took resources from the main game where it could be argued really needs some new maps. And yes, br is a new map. For those that like br.
  • ENKkii87
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd like a PR announcement that they know they've messed up big time, dump bf5, then start on bf6, bring back premium and bring it into more up to date time period.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    pretty sure they are all vegan in sweden, so you would get an artistic impression of lamb. likely inedible

Pretty much only eat meat so that's a no. Don't let the fat get to your brain.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone needs to lower their expectations of this hackjob of a company. The depths of their incompetence cannot be underestimated. They are not a AAA developer. They don't listen, they don't communicate well, they produce crappy bugfilled product and they antagonize their core customers!!! How could we not see this coming??!! Lol
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »
    They dropped Premium because of a “Split Community”....with Live Service, there won’t even be a community left soon!
    It was all ready splittet with 3 platforms and many game modes. The "community" have left a long time ago.
    Live service is nothing but a cheap marketing word without content.

exactly, which is cost effective compared to any revenue premium could/would have brought.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »

You can't split the community if there is no community lol. And trust me, people will be quitting this game soon enough.

With the words of Gordon Ramsay: " Its just bland. No seasoning, no flavor. And the Meat is raw! "

Angry Gordon Ramsay reference gets a vote up.