New roadmap is a freaking joke Dice. Well done with yet another failure.

Comments

• Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    pretty sure they are all vegan in sweden, so you would get an artistic impression of lamb. likely inedible

Pretty much only eat meat so that's a no. Don't let the fat get to your brain.

ohh you thought that was literal? cool, so they eat nothing but meat? makes it even more fitting but clearly i'm just a fat american? meanwhile the context wasnt debated just the analogy. good times 🤣🤣

• GRAW2ROBZ
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ENKkii87 wrote: »
    I'd like a PR announcement that they know they've messed up big time, dump bf5, then start on bf6, bring back premium and bring it into more up to date time period.

Good luck with premium. You be seeing tons of empty premium servers or barely full premium servers then bickering here that not enough bought premium then your forced to going back to the vanilla part of the game. At least until premium becomes free then the rest will join ya. Like BF1.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GRAW2ROBZ wrote: »
    I'd like a PR announcement that they know they've messed up big time, dump bf5, then start on bf6, bring back premium and bring it into more up to date time period.

Good luck with premium. You be seeing tons of empty premium servers or barely full premium servers then bickering here that not enough bought premium then your forced to going back to the vanilla part of the game. At least until premium becomes free then the rest will join ya. Like BF1.

pretty sure the server browser in bf4 shows RSP doing well still. bf 1 was the beginning of a steady decline in design and concept
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

pretty sure the server browser in bf4 shows RSP doing well still. bf 1 was the beginning of a steady decline in design and concept

BF4 be great if people played more premium maps though. Not just Locker/Metro 24/7 with a million tickets. The vanilla maps got old fast as well. Same goes for Hardline. Premium maps became free with deals with gold but most of the community missed that train. Also the premium Hardline maps are awesome. Shame them will go to waste. Also reason Hardline and BF4 is still populated is cause it goes on sale like every other month. BF5 be dead almost if it didn't go on sale for 50% off twice now. I was gonna wait for a 75% off sale for BF5. But figured the game be dead by then. I got this game last week and i'm bored already. I already got more then double revives given then received for revives. That's sad.
  • VincentNZ
    2154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

BF4 certainly did not see a hit in player numbers with the release of BFV. As of now there are about 100 servers worldwide that are full. I even saw some playing obscure modes like Chainlink and CTF. I am pretty sure BF1 does considerably worse, and of course all DLCs for BF4 are free by now. BF1 also released DLC content for free when the second DLC hit.
  • Redstripe101
    VincentNZ wrote: »

BF4 certainly did not see a hit in player numbers with the release of BFV. As of now there are about 100 servers worldwide that are full. I even saw some playing obscure modes like Chainlink and CTF. I am pretty sure BF1 does considerably worse, and of course all DLCs for BF4 are free by now. BF1 also released DLC content for free when the second DLC hit.

i played 3 matches a week ago and they were full and competetive. even on golmund 24/7 maps. just a different DICE and they cant create a replayable game like BF4
  • MAJWolfcookies
    495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF4 was peak DICE. Now all that's left are interns and those who take the short bus to work. Sad.
  • VincentNZ
    2154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

i played 3 matches a week ago and they were full and competetive. even on golmund 24/7 maps. just a different DICE and they cant create a replayable game like BF4

I just checked, BF1 has 22k players right now, BF4 25k+. Player retention was really good with 3rd party services and BF1 was hurt by DICE not having the mechanics in place for RSP at release, poor tools and support when they introduced it.
  • GRAW2ROBZ

I just checked, BF1 has 22k players right now, BF4 25k+. Player retention was really good with 3rd party services and BF1 was hurt by DICE not having the mechanics in place for RSP at release, poor tools and support when they introduced it.

I can see BF5 with a rent a server eventually. But to little to late. Cause the rent a server was never fixed since BF3. I was on the phone a lot back then with EA support. They were clueless why I was the main owner of the site but when I had a bunch of co-admins and VIP's when I went to make a playlist I couldn't even see the playlist I created or got reset most of the time. They just handed out another free server of the time remaining. I didn't bother renting a server for BF4 or Hardline. BF1 was stale as well like BF5.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    495 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I honestly don't think RSP would've helped BF1 player retention. The bottom line is that game got stale quick. Just like BFzzz. You couldn't PAY ME to RSP. Lol. BoringFields. BF4 on the other hand? Absolutely RSP worthy.
  • Redstripe101

I honestly don't think RSP would've helped BF1 player retention. The bottom line is that game got stale quick. Just like BFzzz. You couldn't PAY ME to RSP. Lol. BoringFields. BF4 on the other hand? Absolutely RSP worthy.

agreed, premium worthy as well. beyond that i didnt pre order bf1 and didnt even buy bf5 but have access via gameshare. just downward spiral imo. no value to me
  • GRAW2ROBZ

Thing is for BF4 very few want to play different maps. Like the island maps. Them were cool. Seems most servers are the same old same old metro or locker 24/7 frag spam. Also vote to kick to let a friend in or switching sides to even the teams. BF4 got stale as well. Even with premium 50% off.

I'd take Bad Company 2 over all the battlefields on consoles combined. No battlefield can touch Bad Company 2. Them were peak DICE days. BF3 was lame. DICE didn't even know how to fix the terrain bug of people falling into the ground on metro rush mode cause of explosion damage.

So they nerfed terrain damage for a quick fix. Also BF3 lacked 2.0 destruction. Was more less fart stain skid marks on the cement. Heck if EA didn't kill online for BF2MC i'd probably play that long before buying BF1 or BF5. I'm dead serious. Or if Medal of Honor Warfighter was backward compatible i'd play that as well.
  • MAJWolfcookies
    This roadmap reminds me of the Fyre Festival movie... BF Fanboys are those morons who are hyped about Escobar's private island. Arrive, get the run-around and then they see the FEMA tents and porta-potties. LOL!!!!
  • TyroneLoyd
    1190 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 23
    About what I expected. Thought there would be a third one in April or coming with firestorm but meh it's whatever.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DJTN1 wrote: »
    I wish people would stop blaming players for the no paid dlc plan. Dice / EA did it. They wanted a live service model and a BR game. They couldn't do paid dlc too,. They barely delivered a base game and that's even questionable if you consider all the "coming soon" menu items and bugs. Many of which still exist today.

I hate the "Live Service" model just like everyone else but don't blame your fellow gamers. We were ALL taken advantage of.

The future of BF is not looking so good and that's sad. Greed strikes again ....

If that’s what they wanted, here’s the crazy obvious solution: BFV, normal game with normal premium. AND, a separate f2p game w/ live service based in BFV, Firestorm, like Apex Leg.

How could they not have figured this out? And ffs DICE just knock it off with sp campaign, coop, training, temporary modes, way to many modes.

Choose three or four core modes and stick with them. Lots of maps. Its so simple.
  • GRAW2ROBZ
    LIVE service is fine if the game came with like 12 maps from the get go and a couple maps peppered out every month or two. Not sure how many maps we got. But I hate most of them. So it doesn't matter.
  • Redstripe101
    I had this feeling from the start when they announced no premium.Give a big clap to those who didn't want premium,give yourselfs a pat on the back.I hate to say it but i think this is the end of the road for bf.
    Oh so now it's the fault of the CUSTOMERS of the game that didn't want premium. LOL no, it's the fault of the developers for not implementing the live service CORRECTLY. The problem isn't the live service model LOL. The problem is using the live service model as an excuse to put "coming soon" next to half your core gameplay features lol.

exactly, some dont grasp simple dollars and cents. its far more costly to support a game well after its life cycle. hence bf4 still costing money. the live service model was to push more content into EA Access and create more value over their 5$ a month cost. Its a very lucrative market as most of your subscribers wouldnt touch other games out of their genre wheelhouse if not offered free. IE a madden only player is more likely to try bf 5 simply because its offered for free via EA Access. Either way, each game in its Access inventory already had its own launch and cycle revenue and once that happeneds they forecast introducing it via free or promo deals to extend life cycles or even address player churn. Prior to bf 5, ea access hosted free week trial, included in the games was bf1. prior to that, bf4 content was free via Access due to bf1 launch. its all part of their larger model and nothing to do with feedback. they cant afford to support BF past a 2 year cycle or its hit or miss and they cant develop a hit atm.
  • butseri_79ot68g
    32 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lol, see you guys in May
  • grrlpurple
    789 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just imagine how many more sales and retained players there would be if our expectations had been exceeded rather than completely dashed and disappointed.