Weekly Debrief

DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Braddock512
1286 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited March 25
Welcome to Firestorm!
uqjztupuxao21.jpg

Battlefield V's battle royale mode, Firestorm, is now live. We've got a lot of information about it below:
Once you've jumped in, played a few matches, driven the tractor - head back here and let us know your thoughts.

As always, we want you to keep it respectful and constructive. People are free to have differing opinions, so don't attack someone because they disagree with you. You can disagree without being disagreeable.
Let us know what you love, what you don't, and what you'd like to see added, tweaked, or changed.

-Braddock512-

UPDATE:
If you're having issues with matchmaking as a full squad, don't click PLAY NOW until your squad is full. Otherwise, whatever squad you have at that moment will be the squad. We're aware of this confusion and working to address it. Thanks.
Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• QwarHimos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Never played a BR mode so will give it a crack.
    Nothing to lose really.
  • xKusagamix
    945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never played any Battle Royale game but i'll give Firestorm a try, the Fire ring look cool, being able to use sidearm when down sound nice.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    691 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 9
    With the current fast Time to Death and ridiculous gunmechanics in BF5 (complete lack of sway, almost complete lack of recoil on the assault guns, semi-auto rifles and some MMG's with mouse and keyboard), this mode just cant compete in the long run with APEX and PUBG.

I feel pity for Criterion (the dev studio that made Firestorm). They didnt have a say in the core of the gunplay.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    244 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am going to test it. Because I like ww2. So maybe is this my BR. Al the other BR games are so kitty's, I mean for children's.

Bf5 is for pro
  • Catsonspeeed
    612 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have already promised myself to get at least one Victory Royale, and I won't stop trying until I get it. So Firestorm will propably be the only thing I'll be playing once it releases lol. 1 out of 64. Damn. It will be tough. But I will get it. In 2023, when everyone has already moved on to BF6 and Bad Company 3.......
  • IIPrest0nII
    1822 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'll try it, but BR mode is not my favorite mode at all.
  • VOLBANKER
    1003 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Give it a chance, you might like it.
  • QwarHimos
    80 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I give you 1000000000% it won't be possible to ignore because Dice will focus ToW assignments around BR and there is nothing we can do.

Buy whatever the ToW reward is with CC?
    Game still plays without having to do ToW right?
  • stringy82
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully it’s a hit, it’s the ace up the sleeve for dice that could potentially bring lots of new ppl into the game which would mean we get more content. I think I’ll play it more than apex because I like the mechanics of battlefield