DISCUSSION: Battlefield V: Firestorm

Comments

• Cpt_Blitz_26
    294 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So much time and effort has been wasted on a mode that is not wanted.

You keep saying that but if you look at the response they're getting on Twitter you will see that you're wrong. There are the doubters like you but the majority is overwhelmingly positive. Seems to be the forums have the most negativity for the mode, but it's only a tiny fraction of the overall community.

BF 5 youtube reveal trailer has 200k more dislikes to likes currently. So I wouldnt put the cart in front of the horse on a game that has been all but a failure to investors and players. Two seperate groups of interests tied to purchasing power which is based on this games literal flaws through out its entire life. But they released a trailer and all is better now? Whew

My only positive to Firestorm is DICE not developing it. So I'd imagine this is a coorporate pilot run for the potential handover of the franchise.

I was actually thinking this... do you think this is being handed over to a different company? And this is the sort of hand-off game mode to kick that off?
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I think Dice spend valuable time and recource to make BR instead do better things, but thats prolly just me.

It is you, the BR is made by a separate studio not DICE, I thought everyone knew this by now.
  • DarkestHour138
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You keep saying that but if you look at the response they're getting on Twitter you will see that you're wrong. There are the doubters like you but the majority is overwhelmingly positive. Seems to be the forums have the most negativity for the mode, but it's only a tiny fraction of the overall community.

BF 5 youtube reveal trailer has 200k more dislikes to likes currently. So I wouldnt put the cart in front of the horse on a game that has been all but a failure to investors and players. Two seperate groups of interests tied to purchasing power which is based on this games literal flaws through out its entire life. But they released a trailer and all is better now? Whew

My only positive to Firestorm is DICE not developing it. So I'd imagine this is a coorporate pilot run for the potential handover of the franchise.

Where do I say "all is better now"? This was simply stating that the "no one wants this" generalization isn't correct, there are plenty of people that want to play the mode. Sure the game has it's flaws but right now BR is the hottest thing in gaming and people want to see what their favorite game/studios can do with the mode, and see if they can do something different with the mode.

It's not for everybody but that doesn't mean "no one" wants it.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Where did you get that 200k more dislikes number? Sounds made up or cherrypicked, which is in no way surprising. On the official trailer video on YouTube from the official Battlefield account the video currently has 31,000 LIKES and only 2,700 dislikes.

• disposalist
    9008 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I think Dice spend valuable time and recource to make BR instead do better things, but thats prolly just me.
    It is you, the BR is made by a separate studio not DICE, I thought everyone knew this by now.
    A separate studio EA could have paid to help make BF5 better rather than make Firestorm.
  • von_Campenstein
    6618 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A separate studio EA could have paid to help make BF5 better rather than make Firestorm.

For sure, I'm already being lectured on the studios joint budget on another thread raising the same issue but battle royale was trending and it had to be done, the FOMO was strong in this one.
  • von_Campenstein
    PoppaPappo wrote: »

Where did you get that 200k more dislikes number? Sounds made up or cherrypicked, which is in no way surprising. On the official trailer video on YouTube from the official Battlefield account the video currently has 31,000 LIKES and only 2,700 dislikes.

This one.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The thing is, the other game modes are at least believable in a ww2 sense, wheras Firestorm is a complete rip off fantasy scenario.
  • Trokey66
    9163 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The thing is, the other game modes are at least believable in a ww2 sense, wheras Firestorm is a complete rip off fantasy scenario.

It's a video game, it's ALL fantasy!
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope it’s amazing, if it is I will not ignore it.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is not realistic sure, as this is a game... but is it authentic? Not at all and this is the real shame here. It is made for someone else.

This firestorm thing in Battlefield.. It's a bit like if Elton John did a heavy metal album.. his loyal fans would hate it, and it certainly would not appeal to the heavy metal fans as he would be seen as a pretender.
  • PoppaPappo
    241 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

This one.

Ah! That’s the one from May 2018. The game wouldn’t actually come out for another 6 months and everyone is raging about wimmin in the game (and how it disrespects their grandparents or something as if making an entertainment product in general didn’t already do that. There’s no way to make a game, which is for fun, about war, which is horrible and brutal, respectful. Anyone who says otherwise is intellectually dishonest. But I digress...)

I thought we were talking about the new trailer that dropped this morning. So, cherry-picking it is!
  • PoppaPappo

This one.

Ah! That’s the one from May 2018. The game wouldn’t actually come out for another 6 months and everyone is raging about wimmin in the game (and how it disrespects their grandparents or something as if making an entertainment product in general didn’t already do that. There’s no way to make a game, which is for fun, about war, which is horrible and brutal, respectful. Anyone who says otherwise is intellectually dishonest. But I digress...)

I thought we were talking about the new trailer that dropped this morning. So, cherry-picking it is!

nobody is cherry picking, i offered a video to counter the "oh look its trending" and has more likes here so must be true vibe.

I also offered a Deluxe order one that had more likes than dislikes, but thats not the case for most deluxe purchasers. They got hosed

Well, as a Deluxe purchaser myself, we can agree there. We got hosed.
This discussion has been closed.